more noobs q's. this time tradeskills.

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Barbanoob, Mar 2, 2021.

1. Barbanoob New Member

I feel like a noob. (well, I am a noob, sorta) being the only one asking questions here the last few days. Okay, regarding tradeskills -- When I'm crafting an item--particularly rush orders--is there a way to favorite an item? So if I have to do it later or again, I can have quick access to the recipe to click on it? I find myself having to do a search and partially (or fully) typing in the name. it's doesn't take extremely long, but gets irritating having to do this for all 6 items I'm crafting. Or, perhaps, is there a way to exclude certain recipe items from even showing up on the recipe search list? such as trivial recipes? Sometimes, even when I type in a partial name, up to 5 or 6 items will still appear, having me to scroll through them to make sure of the item I'm crafting. Surely, there has to be an easier way to do crafting than I am doing. I've watched guides on YT but they don't really go into detail on crafting or on rush orders. or perhaps I'm not good at searching for EQ2 videos. Any crafting tips?
    Soara2 likes this.
  2. Aeriel Active Member

This is what I do - others may have better suggestions!

First off when you are searching for items you don't need to type the entire name into the search bar. So, for example if my jeweler has to make a Rune of Ensnare VII I'll type journ ensn into the search bar. This brings up all the versions of Rune of Ensnare xx (Journeyman).

If you're a scholar it's time saving to start with journ in the search bar as it will filter out any recipes for expert versions. Scholars tend to have the largest number of different recipes to make (at lower levels it's often 6 different ones, other classes usually only have two or three). Whatever your TS class you might need to be a bit creative with your abbreviations. If you are still getting lots of options see below for next tip.

I then sort by difficulty - this is the level of the recipe - and so the highest version of the recipe (for scholars this is particularly useful for spells, also works well for provisioners) will be at the top of the list. On the bar immediately above the list of recipes click on "Difficulty" to sort highest to lowest - it's a toggle, sometimes the recipes throw a wobbly and the next time show in ascending order - just click on it again (and maybe again). You can quickly check that you have the appropriate recipe book scribed (I speak from years of rush order experience....)

If you wish to hide recipes just hover over the recipe in the list and right click - you'll get the options Create, Examine and Hide. If at a later date you wish to see the recipe there's a box at the bottom "Show Hidden". (Disclaimer: I'm not using the default UI so not sure if this is available but I think it is).

Happy tradeskilling!

Edit: I realise that this does not answer your question about always having to search for different recipes for each rush order! There is an option on my UI to look for recently crafted items - the Filter box just under the Search box - but in my experience it rarely shows all the recipes I need to make and so I don't use it. Might work for some TS classes but most of my characters are level 120 so I'm just catching up on a few
    Soara2 likes this.
  3. Tkia Well-Known Member

When you've found it the first time drag the icon to an empty hotbar. Replace them all when you go up a writ level.
    Soara2 likes this.
  4. Grandavi Active Member

ooo.. hot barring recipes... never thought of that! : )

I just figured out last week that you can actually cancel the adorn/tinkering crafts after the first bar fills to do those dailies fast. (wish I would have known that a year ago.. lol)
    Breanna and Soara2 like this.