More Joy? Leveling Mounts? Geeze guys...

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Katzandra, Sep 3, 2019.

1. Solid11 Active Member

Offering a new merc per expansion release is not really appealing considering you may have spent 399 days to max out the one merc you use. Even merc crates in store makes no sense other than selling for status. No one has the time to spend another year + to use a new merc. DB should really tie merc levels to all your merc else what's the point. Same goes for mounts.
    Mizgamer62 likes this.
  2. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

There's not much point to new mercs except appearance. New mercs, even new ones from the Marketplace, even ultra-rare, are usually no better and often worse than those you can get in-game (the Marketplace Ninjabread Assassin might be worth it).

People buy mercs in a kneejerk reaction, assuming newer/more rare is better, when that's not necessarily so.
    Dude, Breanna and Carynn like this.
  3. Chorus Silverhand New Member

well this thread certainly has killed any interest I had in returning. Thanks for the info! sounds like they turned this game into a job instead of a game, except I'm paying them to work for them. Guess that means it would appeal to the Koreans who will grind until they keel over, but that certainly isn't me. Levelling mounts? WTF, seriously? Levelling warders idea was pretty dumb as well, but this is another long step in a very very wrong direction.
    Mizgamer62 likes this.
  4. Pixistik Don't like it? You're not alone!

Better to decide now than to spend money and be disappointed later ;)
    Anyway, you have already left quite a while ago if the mount leveling thing is new too you and its not as bad as people make it out to be.

Its nothing like a Korean game except that it is just like one. The introduction of the cash shop saw to that....its not for everyone..so what game do you play in place of this one if you don't mind saying?
  5. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

The entry requirements for Chaos Descending were just too darn steep.

Leveling mounts allows you to boost your stats another way. It's not required, but you might as well click the "Start Training" button every time it comes up. You'll get mount tack patterns here and there, and it's not much work to get those crafted up and then drop them in the open slots.

Leveling mercenaries isn't required at low levels, and at high levels many people don't bother with mercs. However, if you want a mercenary to be much use at 110, you do need to train it and equip it much like you're equipping yourself. The better it's equipped, the better it will do. Since mercs can't use set adornments (you can equip them on a merc, but they don't receive the set bonuses), you don't have to worry as much about adorns. I usually harvest free adorns off stuff in Tishan's Lockbox and use those on the mercs. Later, if you are flush and have lots of adorning mats, you can make them Celestial adorns, or if you have lots of status get them Ragebourne adorns from the merchant in Fabled Kael Drakkel.

Oh, and I forgot to mention that merchant in the Hypogeum in Kael... Enter Fabled Kael Drakkel, and /shout to ask if anyone is near the Hypogeum that you can group with long enough to CoV or Call of the Tinkerer over to them. Then you can shop to your heart's content. The Ragebourne adornments are very good.
    Breanna likes this.
  6. Kilar Active Member

I don't mind paying the current sub for the game I am getting but I may as well get the game pass on Xbox or Playstation and have access to hundreds of games if the monthly sub goes up.
  7. Obano Well-Known Member

The standard "all access" / Gold sub would stay the same price.

This suggestion was for people who WANT to pay more to get special features.
  8. JackBurton New Member

for me this game certainly can be a money sink if you let it. I just bought BOL, AND I pay 15 a month for subscription. then as many mentioned you can buy extra perks (almost anything can be bought). And familiars, Mercs, Mounts...wait a month down the road and they are on sale OR a better one comes out and you have to start leveling it from level 1 again. I do wish I could transfer the training of a merc, or a mount to another 100%.
  9. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

There are in-game means of doing all the things, of course, but they take time and patience.
    Breanna and Raff like this.
  10. Breanna Well-Known Member

Seems like most people don't have the patience, so they have to get uppity and call people White Knights for saying things.
    Dude likes this.
  11. wazul Active Member

i stopped last year after playing (in raid) since 2005....
    last xpac i spend 1500 dollars, only for stay competitive in raid, with my family i cannot play 40H a week for stupid grind.

poor balance, raid without challenge and artificial resolve wall, and macro transaction for items that become obsolete after one year..... that why i completly stop this game.

the hardest has left friends, but since I buy a very good pc, and play modern games.
  12. Evguenil62 Well-Known Member

Actually I like that almost everything can be improved in EQ2. Gear, mounts, mercenaries, familiars, adornments, spells, abilities, factions, skills. That makes the mechanics complex, but it also gives me a lot of freedom and let me switch from one activity to another.
    Raff and Breanna like this.
  13. Raff Well-Known Member

Totally Agree...there is always something that can be done to improve your character (s) in the current game mode. I like this. Though it has curtailed my raging altaholism quite a bit. Now I max out 1 character & dabble on the rest.