More Evil looking house (carp items)

Discussion in 'Tradeskill Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-JesDer, Jul 25, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-JesDer Guest

So my guild finally hits 30 and I get a nice 5 room house in freeport.. I have seen so many "nice" houses (even my old one was very welcoming) and wanted to do something different. I figures I was an evil character so I might as well make a really evil house. Easier said than done! There are some really nice dark and evil looking items in the game but, there is no where near enough of them to decorate an entire large house with because some of the "needed" things have no dark options. No dark counters/bars No dark small tables No large dark rugs No dark stools Using these things ends up warming the room right up destroying the evil feel of the place. Some of the red items give a nice evil effect but there isnt a stool/bar/small round table that works well with them. The nice looking "dark" stuff we do have is all mastercrafted cobalt items .. Rare cobalt gets very pricey when you need a large number of them. I used up 8 for a table set (6 thrones, 1 table, 1 rare desklamp thingy). This isnt even counting the other areas I had to use this for. Also it seems all lighting in this game is white light. Is it possible to add/change some items to give off color'd light? (some items have red or green flames, they should give off red or green light)
  2. ARCHIVED-Domino Guest

Hm, not sure about the light! We're definitely overdue for some evil type furniture after all the happy halfling stuff. It's getting a bit busy with fan faire coming up and Kunark drawing nearer, but I've definitely got some less cheerful items on the list for future additions and if there's anything specifically you're dying for, feel free to post description, location, and zone (and preferably screenshot). I know there are some nice evil bony glowy green lights in the Chamber of Immortality, for a start - not sure if they actually make the room green but I can check. Also, have you tried the cobalt sconce that already exists? Very evil looking one, that. :D
  3. ARCHIVED-Josgar Guest

there is a torch that can produce colored light... its from a low level quest.
  4. ARCHIVED-Domino Guest

Tish Tickers torches, yep. But they work differently from house items. I'm sure it's possible, whether it's possible for ME to do is less sure. ;)
  5. ARCHIVED-Eriol Guest

6. ARCHIVED-Wildmage Guest

how about some torture or if you want to be family friendly "back and joint therapy equipment" :evil: need something for the "guest" room
  7. ARCHIVED-Valdaglerion Guest

The bottle from Splitpaw quest (lighted charm) gives off the green glow as well. It may also work differently than a house item but just thought I would mention it as it gives that kinda greenish tinge to everything in the lighted area. Kinda eerie.
  8. ARCHIVED-Winter Guest

DominoDev wrote:
    I would like to see furniture that is seen all over Kelethin. It's hard for us wee little winged ones to enjoy furniture for the tallies.
  9. ARCHIVED-Sciari Guest

Gloomy housing - Carpenter items How about iron sconces, dragon nest, dervish lashing board, kaladim wall chains, Halasian boiling pot, Rujarkian fire pit and signal fire Crushbone torture chair (blue shiny collection) Alder sturdy chair, Alder eccentric chair Archaic Cedar and Eccentric Cedar chairs Adamantine stool and table Ornate ebon chandelier Ornate Oak bookshelf Quirky Oak chest Mystic feysteel sconce Thexian wine rack To name a few .. Sciari
  10. ARCHIVED-JesDer Guest

DominoDev wrote:
    They are not light sources .. but yah .. I know of them. The problem is I have been using all my cobalt on hacking together a evil looking counter using cobalt chests sunk into an ironwood counter as well as using the benches and thrones and table ... I think I have used about 20 cobalt so far and I am not even close to done with the place.

I am looking forward to the bone chair being added .. but there isnt any nice small round tables to match them with.

I will keep an eye out for items :)
  11. ARCHIVED-JesDer Guest

Sciari wrote:
  12. ARCHIVED-Sciari Guest

JesDer wrote:
  13. ARCHIVED-Feanox Guest

How about a light level setting for your home? =)
  14. ARCHIVED-Calthine Guest

Feanox wrote:
    Gnomish Rheostat?
  15. ARCHIVED-DeathRider69 Guest

Along the same thoughts in the thread, would it make sense to have the colored lights that affect a room? What about also some interesting animated evil items like the classic skull with a candle stuck in and a snake going in and out of the eyes/ears. Maybe also a sword stuck in a beating heart with the blood animation. Then of course there is the whole other aspect of the Evil house that would be needed for the mood... Sound effect generating items that would allow certain zone music to be played in that room or voice clips. It would also be cool to have more interactive items as well. I can see that being able to create a cage that I can hang from the ceiling would add to the evil, but it would be too cool to be able to lock away my carnivorous plant. Or be able to use the manacles to chain my EOF whirly-gig pet to the wall. Same goes for the prisoner tables in Crushbone Keep. Those would be cool to make and then be able to chain a pet up.
  16. ARCHIVED-Mystfit Guest

Don't forget the lillies that come in actual heart shaped vases. For the evil (but soft-sided) toon in all of you ;)
  17. ARCHIVED-Anestacia Guest

DominoDev wrote:
    Let me first start off by saying most of the furniture I would really like to see is from Neriak/Mistmoore Castle and Kelethin, but I did do a run through of the original zones since that tends to be the trend on the new furniture in the Live Updates (Which is very appreciated by the way). Heres just a few:

Fallen Gate:
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    (Would like to see this perhaps as a banner instead of a roofing)

Ruins of Varsoon:
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    (Basically anything on this table would be nice) =)
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

Nek Castle:
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    Some of these are already in the game of course but theres a few I have never seen and would make a great addition. The hand especially. Also the book and scroll are both graphics I have never seen anywhere else.
  18. ARCHIVED-Cinnimon Guest

19. ARCHIVED-RenfieldEavan Guest

Great screenies Anestacia. I especially would like to see more banners/wall hangings, paintings, evil sconces & other light sources. AND I'll echo Cinnimon in my thanks & encouragement to Domino. :thumbup:
  20. ARCHIVED-JesDer Guest

I wasnt able to get out and search for stuff lastnight .. but I love some of the stuff in those screens. Reminds me I need to get one of the hellraiser cubes. Still .. I have yet to see some evil small tables :(