More endgame content next expansions?

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by nawimgoodthanks, Apr 5, 2019.

1. nawimgoodthanks New Member

I was thinking of starting a character on Kaldim, but I am reading there isnt much endgame content. Well, I basically only play these games for raiding. Will next expansion be better? Anywhere near 4 months worth of content? Im assuming not?
  2. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

There isn't anywhere near four months of content until KoS. That also depends on how tuning goes, if you're able to clear everything super fast like KoS/EoF. No, there is no four months worth of content until TSO. That was the first xpac I actually wanted more time to clear the expansion.
  3. Frid Member

Actually it all depends on itemisation, for example if they give Mesa, Poets, Silent City, Roost and Hidden Cache lvl 55-60 gear groupwise, and raidwise they don't screw it up this time, there is a lot more things to do than in Shattered Lands.
  4. Zenji Well-Known Member

Yes you have more to do than in Shattered Lands, but still not anywhere close to 4 months of content. You must remember when DoF originally launched, it was only out for 5 months before KoS released. They knew then DoF was lacking meaningful content. Fast forward to now, making DoF last 4 months will be a tiresome feat.
  5. MightyMeaghan Well-Known Member

I always figured that's why they added all of that faction grinding and why there was so much cut and paste content in KoS. KoS has a ton of endgame content, but you'll start to notice the same dungeons sets repeated. A lot. Two dungeons flat out share the exact same map. And Bonemire is just Lavastorm chopped up and tinted purple.
  6. Zenji Well-Known Member

I think Shattered Lands was still the worst offender of using copy/paste of the same maps. Firemyst Gully is the perfect example of that. I think it was used 4 or 5 times just in classic content?
  7. MightyMeaghan Well-Known Member

Firemyst Gully, Cove of Decay, Maiden's Gulch, Shattered Vale, Trembling Lagoon, and Eternal Gorge. They just loved reusing those small instances that were really just bits cut off of their parent zone. I don't know if it was a last minute scramble for more content or what. They reused the rumbler caves in T.S. a lot as well.
  8. Frid Member

It looks to me that they went over the budget so much after making Solusek's eye, which to me is the most impressive dungeon that EQ2 team has ever created.
    Anyway, I like DoF, obviously you don't have enough content to keep you busy with one character for four months if you play a lot, but I'm sure it could be better if they give us more than 1 heroic dungeon. I think (I am a believer!) that this time they will get itemisation right!
  9. MightyMeaghan Well-Known Member

DoF has a bunch of those small, reused instances as well. I wish Clefts and LT/SC were more challenging because I really hate Poet's Palace.
  10. nawimgoodthanks New Member

So, is there any hope for these itemization, etc changes to actually be implemented?
  11. Venser Active Member

12. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

Those zones already have a few decent pieces in them. The problem is how fast the timer on the zones are, and how many pieces that drop are worth your time.

It was like gloves from mesa, poets was helmets/shoulders. Silent city had a cool summoner staffIguess, Roost had charms that were everywhere in addition to Roost. Hidden Cache had a cool mushroom guy in it.

All in all I'd say you have only a few weeks tops running these zones before you explode in dissapointment.

We leveled to 60, did peacock, and ring of fate within the first two days on FG. This also included clearing all the instances, running the beetle questline for the broken gear, and quite a few of the random quests scattered that offered decent rewards until raids. This was playing maybe 10 hours a day. I'd imagine if you could only play 6 hours a week you would be done with all the content in a week or two. If you don't raid, probably won't do peacock/ring of fate either.

Raids didn't really fare any better in my opinion, we cleared everything up to the dragons in our first or second night, didn't have an offtank/more than 2 groups to finish up the last two zones. Boxed up to three groups then did DMP/Dragons in one pull a few days later.

I think the guilds with a full x4 cleared it all in 2 days. That left no midcontent and 11 weeks of just sitting around hoping that trash mobs in x4 dropped your best in slot gear.
  13. Sixgauge Well-Known Member

I hope if they do another TLE it starts at EoF.
  14. nawimgoodthanks New Member

Whats different in eof?
  15. Atan Well-Known Member

Opens up more zones for leveling, has better end game, and skips repeating the two worst content periods for end-game.

The problem here is they don't really create these new TLE's for the people that played the previous ones. I think its more about the gobs of users they get to come back or even play for the first time.

Asking to start at EoF, is asking to create a TLE for existing / previous TLE players, which is a much smaller pool to fish from than starting at vanilla.

I'd settle for meeting in the middle and have a more thoughtful expansion schedule than suggesting they all need the same timeline.

For me, I'd love to see more like:
    Vanila - 4 weeks
    DoF - 4 weeks
    KoS - 6 weeks
    EoF - 6 weeks
    RoK - 8 weeks
    TSO - 12 weeks
    SF - 12 weeks
    DoF - 16 weeks (including drunder as mid content)
    Skyshrine - 4 weeks (server dies)

That will sound too fast to the ultra casuals, but fit about right for those that play for end game. I recognize I might be on the cutting edge, but I think adding more than 2 weeks to those you substantially push past the tipping point were people quit due to boredom.
  16. Vunder Well-Known Member

More people quit when the game moves quickly than those that get bored. Bored people will always come back, those that get behind because of a speed that caters to only raiders never come back.
    Bekkr likes this.
  17. Zenji Well-Known Member

I would agree the faster pace is problematic for more casuals when we had the leveling speed on Fallen Gate. But here where you can solo to 50 in ~20 hours, group to 50 in ~8 hours or get a 3 hour PL, a month of Vanilla and DoF is adequate.