More Bells needed

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Guiscard, Feb 8, 2015.

1. Guiscard Active Member

In the new expansion we need more Bells or something. Having to fly every place takes way too long.

We need bells for every place that has a dock. -- if you fly to it once, you should be able to use a bell after that.

Yes flying was fun when it first arrived - but now it is nothing but a big PITA. Flying is nowhere near as fast as ground mounts and it can take up to 10 minutes if you have to zone and run the risk of being hung up while zoning. Once when I zoned into the Phantom Sea I ended up in the Water and has to swim to the location.

Please give us more bells.
  2. Feldon Well-Known Member

I haven't had a problem getting from one island to another with the accelerator waterspouts. Also the very first Tranquil Sea quest reward is a necklace that increases your flying mount speed by 50%. This could be used situationally as you need to get around quickly.
    Eshaac, Mermut and Deveryn like this.
  3. Deveryn Well-Known Member

We just got a bell in Phantom. That's plenty.
    Braxlin likes this.
  4. Vasco Active Member

I remember running from qeynos to Freeport in less than an hour. Ahh memories.
    Eshaac and Feldon like this.
  5. Kalderon Well-Known Member

Well, that reminds me of, traveling from queynos to lava..... with those nasty bixis and so on, on the way ;)
    Eshaac likes this.
  6. Vasco Active Member

Did you kill a few inkies on the way?
  7. Charlice Well-Known Member

8. Bekkr Well-Known Member

No.
    No no no. Try timing it. You will probably be surprised by how much of an exaggeration 10 minutes is.
  9. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

Bring back the NPC on Qeynos Harbour docks that sold tickets to zones (Allowing you to use the bell) for 60sp each!

Although now with inflation, that's got to be at least 10p per ticket right?
    Bekkr, Lateana, Eshaac and 2 others like this.
  10. GrouchyMouse Active Member

Flying = 150 speed. Ground = 130 speed. Flying is actually better in that you can go over terrain, such as going up to Highpass. Also, if you wind up in the water when you zone into Phantom Sea, you should be near one of the speed boost water spouts, just hit your space bar to jump while in the spout and you will be kicked into mid-air where you can then continue flying. I had that happen several times recently and was dealt with.
    Eshaac and Feldon like this.
  11. Kalderon Well-Known Member

Almost forgot this one, the good old days.... where we used to travel not just port ^^
  12. d1anaw Well-Known Member

And we used to take the slow boat to everywhere. And in EQ people used to pay us to port them. Just because something once was doesn't mean it should always be. Travel time is wasteful. There should be bells on the docks.
    Guiscard likes this.
  13. Raenius Well-Known Member

Traveling in EQ2 is cheap, easy and quick in any ways - I even tend to say its almost trivial.
  14. Ynnek Well-Known Member

I don't know that we *need* new bells...

But I certainly wouldn't turn em down...
  15. Arieste Well-Known Member

more whistles too. i mean, if i'm going to play a game, it better have tons of both.
    Feldon, Halanna and Deveryn like this.
  16. Deveryn Well-Known Member

I would turn them down.. as I did flight. It only continues this cycle of making the world smaller and forcing more travel time to make up for the impact of the previous change and having people beg for more shortcuts.
  17. Tylia Well-Known Member

Omg I remember running across Antonica to the Thunder Steppes gate just to avoid paying the ticket price. lol
    Lateana likes this.
  18. Guiscard Active Member

I would prefer having a ship to having to fly. I do not like flight all that much. That is why I don't much care for Tears of Veeshan - too much flying. At least in Sky expansion you has bells at the sky stations you could take to the different islands. Yes I know it was before flight came in the game, but I wish they would do that in Veeshan and this new expansion.

Dev - I have seen no bell in Phantom - how do you get it? Do you have to do some quest to get it?
  19. Mermut Well-Known Member

You need to get far enough in the Sig Line
  20. Avithax Well-Known Member

And who could forget.....

"I'm on a boat!"