Moonlight Enchantments 2016 Update

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Kaitheel, Jun 10, 2016.

1. Kaitheel Developer

Thanks for the help everyone!

I did add a description to the lanterns to indicate that they are true light sources. If that change isn't on Test yet, it will be.

~ Kaitheel
  2. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

I saw Niami mention the fungi that you can occasionally get in the Brownie instance
    Kaitheel would it be to much to ask if we could get something like that for the other 2 instances that have crafting and thus
    harvesting like some beehives, or bees for the fay grotto, we can buy the flowers already Or some sugar crystals for the Zygomyd grotto.
    I also like the blue mushrooms , but we already got plenty of those and I think you can buy them .
    Mizgamer62 and Prissetta like this.
  3. Sinhika Well-Known Member

Could you fix the monthly calendar entry for Moonlit Enchantment? It always indicates 3 days (20th, 21st, 22nd), when Moonlit only runs for 2 days. I've been bitten by that twice now (the first time I thought it was just because I logged in late in the day, after 12:59pm PST), and I'm quite upset to log on early on the 22nd and find out that I can't buy any of the house items I spent the last two days madly farming tokens for, all because I trusted YOUR calendar entries.

Now I have to wait another month to decorate our "guild hall". I also missed the Freeport city fest because of the same kind of calendar screw-ups (last day of city fest on the calendar doesn't actually exist), and I'm pissed off that I have to wait SIX MONTHS to have a chance at that black marble again. I'm beginning to understand why decorators hoard.
  4. NrthnStar5 Well-Known Member

I love the new items! So nice to see new stuff added to long standing events.

I do want to point out that i noticed a little bit of a graphical glitch on the Earth & Fire Lantern. When standing still and facing the lantern, when the particles rotate around the back side of the lantern, there is some glitching happening. It's very similar to glitching that happens to house items that overlap. I can't say for certain it doesn't happen on the others too, but I did clearly see it on the Fire and Earth lanterns.
    Mizgamer62 likes this.
  5. Xianthia Well-Known Member

Hi Sinhika, sorry you missed out on the items this month. The calendar is correct. If you open up the calendar and hover over the entry for an event it will show you the start/end times and it shows it for your time zone. For example, I'm on the east coast and it shows it started on 06/21 at 3:00 am, and it ended at 2:59am 06/22.

There's been very few instances where the calendar wasn't correct, but the Moonlight Events is not one of them (at least not in recent memory).

Hopefully you will get all the items needed next month!
    Kaitheel, Mizgamer62 and Finora like this.
  6. Finora Well-Known Member

The calendar is actually completely correct for me. If you mouse over the event, it always tells you exactly when it starts and exactly when it ends. For example for me Moonlight enchantments started at 3:00 am on the 20th through 2:59 am on the 22nd. I was stupidly still awake at 3am when they poofed.

Now if you are on PDT and it still is showing three days instead of two, that is pretty messed up.
    Kaitheel, Mizgamer62 and Xianthia like this.
  7. Katz Well-Known Member

Love the new items, thanks whoever designed them!
    Kaitheel, Ishuna and Mizgamer62 like this.
  8. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

Sinhika the reason there are 3 days marked on your calendar is you don't live in Pacific time zone
    I live in Kentucky that's 3 hours ahead of the west coast so the event ends on the 22nd at about 3 am
    I know to mark an extra day for 3 hours is a little extreme .
    the city fest is the same thing if you look at the duration it will tell you exactly the time of the day it starts and ends.

never mind I am to late to explain it to you.
    Kaitheel likes this.
  9. Sinhika Well-Known Member

It is seriously misleading. I call it bad UI design: instead of providing helpful information at a glance (who thinks to mouse over a calendar entry to see if it is lying about the actual dates???), it misled me and resulted in an unhappy customer.

Normally, I look forward to city fests and Moonlit Enchantment events, anticipating getting my hands on interesting new stuff--now I'm just disappointed and grinding my teeth over having to wait for a month (Moonlit) or six months (specific city fest) because I missed out. Hell, in six months the game might be dead or the character deleted or I might no longer be playing. Waiting that long utterly kills any sense of anticipation. I am not happy; this bad UI design misled me and directly resulted in me being a Not Happy customer.

p.s. Needless to say, I didn't get to buy any of the cool new items this post is about.
  10. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

I know just how you feel it has happened to me I had to wait with a bag full of special tokens for a whole year
    at least moonlight enchantment will be back in a month and this time you can go straight to buying stuff
    What server are you on ? maybe we can collect some black marble for you so you can go ahead and decorate.
    You know there are many nice people in this game especially decorators .
    Xianthia and Prissetta like this.
  11. Katz Well-Known Member

It doesn't help in this instance but I've learned to assume that something stops a day before the last day listed. Often they do and it prevents unpleasant surprises.
    Prissetta likes this.