Monks need a boost

Discussion in 'Monk' started by ARCHIVED-Zooce, Apr 18, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-Timaarit Guest

Lets combine troub and monk classes. I mean monks are fun to play but lack the utility and troubs have the utility but are boring to play.
  2. ARCHIVED-Kota Guest

just my opinion, and i don't wanna sound rude, but that's one of the dumbest things i've ever heard.
  3. ARCHIVED-Zabjade Guest

I think Timaarit as being sarcastic. ;)
  4. ARCHIVED-Timaarit Guest

That is precisely why I brought it up. If the devs read these, they just might actually do it.
  5. ARCHIVED-Cirth_Beer Guest

hum troubadonk ? :XD:
  6. ARCHIVED-xPALAx Guest

very quiet here, it seems, that all monks has given up their hope to see a significant change in our class :roll:
  7. ARCHIVED-Bladewind Guest

21 pages on this thread and about the same on the intesting feedback thread r/e AA changes - our current major issue. You need to look harder. Plenty of brawlers have and are speaking up.
  8. ARCHIVED-Nokrahs Guest

I don't see any valuable changes on test regarding the monk class so far, while other classes seem to get some logical changes in their Skilltress. they had a huge change for the STR Tree on test which didn't made much sense an now things are reset again to the still unbalanced stuff again with some minor exceptions. ohh well, and better PvP is not exactly what the majority of the Monk class is actually asking for. I believe it got something to do with "balancing out the fighter classes" and "raid value". but it's probably just me and everything is just fine? Freedom of choice...every class useful...Fighers = Tanks...hence I get to read that manual once again because I missed something important eventually.
  9. ARCHIVED-Kota Guest

yeah this is getting stupid. well what sony wants sony gets. i've already seen a couple high end monks quit recently. the only dev that reads our forum is a graphic dev. let me take a sec to address that person. can i get a really big comfy chair designed for my house ? i'll need it to sit and relax in while my guild raids and my class fades into nothingness. i would really appreciate this. thank you. i feel like i'm waving my arms in the eyeless dark that has become the world of the monk. like i've been stranded on an island sending distress signals with a signal fire while planes fly over daily. hey guy, i'm down here. i need help. i'm stuck. we are way underpowered in the fighter tree. this makes us all but useless. how about.... a dps bump. nothing major a hp buff tighter single target aggro. root stance is nice but wasted when you use it and immediately lose aggro a group buff. make it a group hp buff. 2 birds 1 rock a shift in avoidance, toward more deflection shorten the cast of our 1 gimpy lil ae. our group aggro is beyond weak shorten the cast time of tsunami. heck you already gave it to warriors. make ours more useful or you can just make some of the mobs death touch all the other fighter classes. well, ppl would prolly just use rogues as tanks then. monks are currently invalid. do something. warhammer 1st quarter next year btw.
  10. ARCHIVED-xPALAx Guest

we can't even sit!! we can just go down to knees. but wait, we can FD on our beds. So please Devs, increase the duration of FD to 24 hours. then i won't wake up while my guild is afk on a EH raid over night
  11. ARCHIVED-Timaarit Guest

Brawlers need about 30% more DPS 10 to 15% more health, after all, we were advertised to have the most health but - a big suprice here - guardians will have far more. I dont see anything wrong with our ST aggro exept that we lack the tools to grab it fast Brawlers lack any kind of serious group buffs, maybe a big defensive boost from monks and then attack skill boost from bruisers Change our hate proc from single target to encounter wide, it is not like no other class has similar... I'd rather see increase in the duration of Tsunami, we already have an AA to shorten the recast. Anyway, several skills need boost too. Our lvl 50/70 special needs a serious damage upgraqde, especially against epics since they cannot be stifled. Our AE needs a serious boost in damage Our defence debuff needs to lower the defence at least double what it now does Then our short term mitigation buffs. First the stun from the bigger one needs to go, that effect makes it virtually useless. Make it root + stifle or root + daze instead. And remove the root from the other totally, for example warriors have a group wide mitigation buff that has absolutely no penalties. Also warriors have another mitigation buff that is about 50% of what the monk one is but that only lowers attack and run speeds by a minimal amount, especially when the warrior is already standing at 150+ haste. When I look at the skills that my zerk and my monk has, it is painfully obvious to me which one had the better dev making them.
  12. ARCHIVED-Kota Guest

there we go
  13. ARCHIVED-Shankonia Guest

[p] [/p][p]Yep, I have. Just joined a new guild on my Dirge as I couldn't find a guild who would even consider letting me app. on the Monk. Raiding 6 nights a week, no brawler in guild so no loot for the alt. Monk with the EoF loot tables.[/p][p]If history repeats itself, as it tends to do, i'll soon be bored on the Bard resulting in a /cancel account.[/p]
  14. ARCHIVED-Taiken Guest

[p]Yeah I agree...[/p][p]We only look cool with end game equipment.. Our ability to solo is stripped past level 30.. Our need in groups is basically is an added accessory cuz of FD.. That's about it.. [/p][p] [/p][p]Gotta admit tho.. The end game equipment for monks is seriously the best looking period. [/p][p] [/p][p] [/p]
  15. ARCHIVED-Zooce Guest

[p]These two are great posts. Any chance someone will respond?[/p][p] [/p]
  16. ARCHIVED-Zabjade Guest

Not quite, we are getting fustrated however. A lot of us have also been putting our efforts into the Brawler Threads in the Test Section.
  17. ARCHIVED-Nerill Guest

Yes, unfortunately most of us are getting very frustrated by the lack of response from any Dev. :( And, yes we have a thread in the "In Testing Feedback" section of the forum where you can add any ideas you might have. http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/posts/list.m?topic_id=366834
  18. ARCHIVED-Cirth_Beer Guest

Our french community manager managed to get a reply from Lyndro ! [p]Thanks for all the great feedback. We are aware of some of the utility issues that fighters in general (and brawlers specifically), have in raids. Right now we have some new abilities that we are testing internally, but we should have them forward facing on test server fairly soon. We look forward to hearing your feedback, and thank you![/p][p]Lyndro[/p] =>http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/posts/list.m?topic_id=369902 A little bit of hope at least.
  19. ARCHIVED-Timaarit Guest

Nice, I really hope they can come up with something useful. Since today and yesterday were another raiding days where our raidleader told me to bring my templar instead of the monk since one who has templar alt has an assasin and the other one a dirge.
  20. ARCHIVED-Zabjade Guest

I just hope it is worth the wait we are definatly getting fustrated, will have to level my Test bruiser Iksar some and get going on that betrayal questline.