Monks in bg's

Discussion in 'Monk' started by ARCHIVED-rotaterz, Mar 5, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-rotaterz Guest

So how do you pve sever monks like battlegrounds? doing well?
  2. ARCHIVED-BChizzle Guest

Rotate@Nagafen wrote:
    BG's kind of sucks tbh, but I don't mind the raid one. PVP really doesn't work in this game that well it is completely unbalanced and it seems like SOE has as much a clue about it as they do about the rest of the game. Nagafen people aren't half as good as they think they are anyways, I have killed you multiple times for example and outkilled you in groups we were in.
  3. ARCHIVED-rotaterz Guest

little hostal arnt we? was just asking how others liked it. As for out killing me not hard to do i dont always go for kills depends how i feel.. in x4 one sometimes i farm kills others i jsut run around capin flags.. in the x2 just run around grabing them.. and in 1 group.. just triyng to stay alive with the hot potato thing. One game.. one fight never deceides anything =p.
    And i die all the time and have yet to have a one on one in a BG so as far as you killing me? lols. BG is more of a team thing. My fav on naggy is finding peeps in the open to 1 on 1 and test and learn to fight against differnt class's. Big differnce then /duel rules on pve severs from what pve players are used to.
    But anyway with this post i was wondering how pve monks felt the monk class does in group pvp.
    For me i am liking the changes so far, flag running is something i guess we better at then most class's. I still dont see us as a viable tank in pvp group tho.. our one encounter tuant =/. But us being able to kill those overpowered mages is a plus lol while others class's get wrecked by them. And i am loving the 4.0 weapons.
  4. ARCHIVED-BChizzle Guest

Rotate@Nagafen wrote:
    Ive beaten u one on one and you've beaten me. But mostly its been a draw two monks fighting is like watching snails procreate unless one of the monks is horrible. I am just saying the naggy folks act like they are playing some different game the only difference between killing an npc and you guys is you guys run away most of the time.
    As far as monks go we are suffering from the same thing in pvp that we do in the rest of the game our ae taunts aren't good enough on top of that we are supposed to be tanks and we can't take a magic hit because spell dps is so stupidly balanced. Ive watched a mage eat through my ward heal and death save in less then 5 seconds. Our class is a joke pvp when compared to the other tanks we might make good missles to run in at mages thats about it.
  5. ARCHIVED-jeffdo Guest

chizzle wrote:
    We are playing a different game. Instanced PVP and duels are not Nagafen pvp, the mechanics are similar except you don't have to deal with pvp when you don't want to. People on Nagafen can get ganked while they are fighting npcs, questing, harvesting or just running from point a to b wether they want it or not.
    Everyone is having trouble with resists they are broken at the moment.
    And to compare against other tanks, I think it is situational. We are certainly better than Guardians at fighting solo against mages/scouts but of course Crusaders are better at it. Like you said though, aoe taunts are indeed a brawlers weakness.
  6. ARCHIVED-BChizzle Guest

jeffdo wrote:
    /yawn just because you get attacked by others when you might be doing things doesn't change what this game is. Fact is Naggy folks had a whole bunch of bluebie trash talk and the reality is in BG's they die just like anyone else if not easier.
  7. ARCHIVED-jeffdo Guest

hizzle wrote:
    True, long have the pvp servers discounted elite dueling experience as being worthless, obviously it is not. I am sure there will be a server wide appology coming soon.
  8. ARCHIVED-BMouse Guest

Rotate@Nagafen wrote:
    I am loving BG's:) I play my Monk Mainly in BG's. I do get hit hard, but I am learning a lot from BG's about how I can change my normal game style to better off in BG's. I die, get up, and go back and smack peeps round a bit more till they kill me again:)
    Gotta love the line of sight thing:) go up....whale on someone, and run off round a corner for a tick, then head on back, and whale some more!
  9. ARCHIVED-kamochi Guest

BChizzle wrote:
    So hostile. There are good and bad players on Naggy just as any other sever. That said, I have seen some blubie players that are astonishingly good and would like to see them on naggy. Just remember that open pvp is not the same as lame BG pvp. One takes more talent then the other and more risk. And killing runners takes more talent and skill then killing most others.
    As far as my monk. LOVE HIM!! With broken pvp my monk rules compared to my dirge. But then I have always enjoyed my monk and the diversity that is a monk.