Monks given Detaunts no other fighters get?

Discussion in 'General Fighter Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-Tekadeo, Jul 26, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-BChizzle Guest

Cyrdemac wrote:
    I can confirm Xelgad also said something of the same to me, it is expected that tanks can snap then tank while saves are up but not that they should be able to constantly tank in recklessness. Which makes perfect sense, the problem of course is plate tanks are tanking in this stance because they can block with it up.
  2. ARCHIVED-Rahatmattata Guest

Tanks should not have block in reckless.
  3. ARCHIVED-Yimway Guest

Malevolencexx@Nagafen wrote:
    Yeah, no one should have unconstested avoidance in reckless.
    But we should also probably have no hatemod, and probably should get something other than just potency, or the buff should be tailored to different classes/archtypes.
    But I wont hold my breath on that one.
  4. ARCHIVED-SOE-MOD-02 Guest

Please stay on track with the topic at hand. Thank you!
    Monks given Detaunts no other fighters get?
  5. ARCHIVED-Tekadeo Guest

For once itd be nice to get some kind of response whether the issue at hand is intended or not.
    Are all fighter -supposed- to get detaunts, or are Monks given special treatment?

We only go off topic because no devs care to answer the first question...
  6. ARCHIVED-Xelgad Guest

This is a bug which I cannot seem to reproduce. Please post or PM me your gear/adornments, exact advancement/character development spec along with what buffs you currently have active when seeing this situation. Also, please PM me your character name and server. Preferably all of the above.
    Anyone else who is seeing the same issue with the threat positions can also contact me directly.
  7. ARCHIVED-Haciv Guest

Xelgad wrote:
    PM Sent
  8. ARCHIVED-BChizzle Guest

Xelgad wrote:
    I think it is all monks. It is just hidden openings and sneering assualt. Our rescue, peel and provoking stance abilities still give positional snaps. It is actually very useful even if it is unintended.
  9. ARCHIVED-Tekadeo Guest

BChizzle wrote:
    This. I don't have a bruiser to test it on, but I heard they were experiencing the same mechanic change on Sneering and Staggering Blow.
    Gotta say it's nice to have a dehate, even if it's on a long recast, in reckless. Aggro can get crazy, esp when you are adorned with +hate gain, etc for when you are normally tanking.
  10. ARCHIVED-Gilasil Guest

Tekadeo wrote:
    I agree with you. I love the idea of a reckless stance but, like anything else, it has to be done right.
    Recklessness was intended so that extra fighters beyond those needed for tanking could be useful in a DPS role. Not so they could do more damage while tanking. SoE was slipshod by not taking the time to redo it as necessary to get it right (sound familiar?)
    All the snap aggros need to be reworked for their behavior while in reckless. They should not be hate increasers. As with other DPS classes a few could be turned into dehates, but some fighter classes have so many snap aggroes that they can't all be turned into dehates or DPS fighters won't have to worry as much about ripping aggro as a regular T1 class. If SoE can't find anything else for them to do in reckless they should just do nothing; or at least the positional portion should be removed while in reckless.
    And I think it entirely reasonable that tanking gear be completely incompatible with DPS gear. If you want to do both you should have two sets of gear.
    If the mob is easy enough and the healer good enough, it is indeed possible to tank with a DPS class. I do it on a beastlord frequently in heroic content when a fighter isn't available. A fighter in reckless should only be able to tank what a DPS melee class could tank with comparable gear and healing. A DPS tanking does not have access to the tools that a reckless fighter has tanking. How those tools work in reckless needs to be *fixed*.
    The goal of all of this to make tanking in reckless no better then a DPS class tanking. I.e. something that's only done as a last resort. You don't see DPS classes tanking for raids. The same should be with tanking in reckless. Not something that you would do on purpose.
  11. ARCHIVED-Gungo Guest

Reckless stance is broken and was completely unneeded giving fighters a role they should not have in raids. It has created massive balance issues and was a bone thrown to players who cried about not putting up overpowered parses like they were in TSO. There are alot of complaints about this stance and it all stems from the fact is was never needed and completely OP.
  12. ARCHIVED-Shredderr Guest

Tekadeo wrote:
    stupid why does everyone feel like a monk should be capable of doing nothing they can do? Then let us wear plate and hold shields . Let us all go by the title Shadowknight ... give us all 1 click i win buttons. Our taunts do not even work compared to most tanks taunts in a bg/pvp scenario anymore why u crying over this pathetic ability that screams I am not a tank don't look at me puppet !