Monks given Detaunts no other fighters get?

Discussion in 'General Fighter Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-Tekadeo, Jul 26, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-Tekadeo Guest

I love my Monk and all, but I love the rest of my Tank stable too.
    Why was my Monk the only one given detaunts in Reckless Stance? Did bruisers get this too? It's the only tank I don't have at 92, so I really don't know.
    Hidden Openings is a 3 position detaunt, and Sneering Assault is a 1 position dehate. Plus they have the AA choice to get another dehate. What's up with that?

Fair is fair, and apologies to all true DPS classes, but really all fighters could use a dehate skill in Reckless stance. Sneering is on a huge recast tho...
  2. ARCHIVED-BChizzle Guest

All fighters have sneering.
  3. ARCHIVED-Tekadeo Guest

BChizzle wrote:
    Wow. Amazing. In the likely scenario that you aren't too gud at reading, I did say I have five fighters at 92 and am 100% aware of this. Clearly you are aware that your monk's version of Sneering is a -1 positional dehate, whilst none of the other fighters I have (save bruiser) get that. It is merely a 0 positional (as it should be, I would guess) for everyone else.
    Seems like it should be all the way one way or the other.
  4. ARCHIVED-The_Cheeseman Guest

I noticed this too, and assumed it was just a bug. Either way, it isn't terribly important, since monks already get a positional hate decrease on a miniscule timer (Evade) and a -threat proc (Mongoose Stance, which is affected by Recklessness) so dropping aggro is trivial for us anyway if you feel it's necessary.
  5. ARCHIVED-Tekadeo Guest

The_Cheeseman wrote:
    This is all well and good, but no other fighter gets this. And we could really use de-hates too when using Recklessness.

Make it happen.
  6. ARCHIVED-The_Cheeseman Guest

Tekadeo wrote:
    You know, at one time I would have disagreed with this on the basis of class balance (as I did in the Passive Stance thread) but Recklessness has basically made class balance irrelevant at this point... So what the heck, why not?
  7. ARCHIVED-Tekadeo Guest

The_Cheeseman wrote:
    All DPS classes get at least one positional dehate, usually on a one minute or less recast. Fighters in Reckless Stance are for all intents and purposes a DPS class. No reason we shouldn't have one. But that's not the issue.
    The issue os why is one fighter given positional dehates in Reckless and no others are?
  8. ARCHIVED-Silzin Guest

I think that in ZRecless all snaps for all tanks should be dehate's with the threat changed 1-1 to damage. this would provide Recless a nether penitalty that it needs and make it usable by all as a dps stance.
  9. ARCHIVED-BChizzle Guest

Silzin@Crushbone wrote:
    I don't think that is in the developers vision, we should still be able to snap a mob and temporarily hold agro with a temp running if a tank dies.
  10. ARCHIVED-Yimway Guest

Dehates and all would be one thing.
    But as I see it, one of the primary issues I have is hatemod. I need to change AA and gear if I'm going to use reckless and not have agro all the time.
    Then again, as posted elsewhere, I'm having little issue surviving MTing raids in reckless, so the whole thing is silly.
  11. ARCHIVED-BChizzle Guest

Atan@Unrest wrote:
    They need to take away your ability to block while in the stance and it will be ok.
  12. ARCHIVED-Tekadeo Guest

Atan@Unrest wrote:
    WTB -5 hate positional proc on incoming hit. Fixed.

No one should be tanking in this stance, even if their gear says they can. It's not what it's intended for and makes every person complaining about Reckless right. And it's the devs' fault for not fixing it to discourage any person from actually tanking with it.
  13. ARCHIVED-Rahatmattata Guest

I couldn't care less about getting de-aggros.
  14. ARCHIVED-Tekadeo Guest

Malevolencexx@Nagafen wrote:
    Thanks for the input...?
  15. ARCHIVED-Rahatmattata Guest

Sorry I disagreed with you. Carry on.
  16. ARCHIVED-Cyrdemac Guest

Tekadeo wrote:
    The problem is, the Devs WANTED tanks to be able to tank in this stance, if they choose so. So that's where your arguments go wrong.
  17. ARCHIVED-Tekadeo Guest

Cyrdemac wrote:
    Love to see your proof of this, because from every standpoint it is incorrect.
  18. ARCHIVED-Tekadeo Guest

Matter of fact, ill go ahead and disprove your ignorance with dev quote to the opposite:

Greetings everyone, Xelgad here! I'd like to explain some of the changes to our fighter archetype that you will be seeing on the Test Server soon.
    The biggest addition is that all fighters will be gaining a new combat stance called "Recklessness" that is a high risk, extremely offensive stance that greatly increases outgoing and incoming damage. For brawlers, Recklessness will replace Black Widow Stance and Bruising. Recklessness will increase the versatility of fighter classes by allowing them to contribute meaningful damage output when not tanking.
    http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/...topic_id=519492

Eat it.
  19. ARCHIVED-Cyrdemac Guest

Since I talked to Xelgad himself on test_copy, I asked him naturally about Recklessness. I have no clearance to post the screenshot of the chat, but his words were "we do want tanks to be able to pull aggro if they choose so and to hold it with *insert def tools for your class*.
    It all came along a discussion about the hate positional remover from several spells and CAs, wich doesn't include Holy Ground from Paladin. That's why I asked and got this surprising answer. Although he said "holding for a bit", they never took away the possibility to tank and they never wanted to.

Now, you can ask him yourself or ask his permission to post the screenshot or take a cold shower or whatever. Until then,
    Eat this :p
  20. ARCHIVED-Tekadeo Guest

Cyrdemac wrote:
    I'll eat nothing. When a dev announces to the entire community (like the statement Xelgad himself posted that I linked) that your statement is true, then I'll believe it to be a fact. Until then, a Fighter in Reckless emergency-tanking a mob is no different than a Dirge emergency tanking. Sure you have more tools to do so, but you simply are not MEANT to tank.