Monk Tank...Is it viable?

Discussion in 'Monk' started by ARCHIVED-ConanWarrior, Jun 1, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-circusgirl Guest

BChizzle wrote:
    Damn straight!
  2. ARCHIVED-Aull Guest

It is nice to see that here lately monks are actually seeing some action.
  3. ARCHIVED-BChizzle Guest

A 1100 mit buff would really give brawlers a much needed boost. Right now from a tanking perspective we have to load up on +mit items to be equals to our plate bretheren. I would say for easymode raid mobs we need to get to around 10k mit to be effective and for hardmode mobs we have to get to 12500 to be effective. What this does is give us a bit more wiggle room and we can actually use some dps items rather then just load up on +mit ones. It also makes it easier on less equipped brawlers as they are gearing up.
  4. ARCHIVED-circusgirl Guest

I assume those examples are for a raid-buffed brawler, not a self-buffed one?
  5. ARCHIVED-kittenboy8 Guest

Vinka@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    Also, crane twirl (the wis line proc) has 20% AOE autoattack added to it as well.
  6. ARCHIVED-circusgirl Guest

Yeah, I'm pretty pleased. I was expecting having to wait a long time for those changes to finally go through. Somehow I get the feeling that Xelgad has recently been given the go-ahead to finally spend his time rebalancing people.
  7. ARCHIVED-Aull Guest

Isn't it cool when a dev like the X-man steps in gives a heads up. Makes a change to crane twirl and later gives a mit increase to inner calm.
    Just these adjustments has given me some hope. I can't answer for you all but I like hope. Its more than we have seen in a long time.