Monk Spell Dragonfire Animation Looks Different on Sarnak

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Ebullient, Aug 2, 2021.

1. Ebullient New Member

Hello. Would you please investigate what is happening with the animation of the spell “Dragonfire” (all levels) when used by a Sarnak? I have a second monk, Titillating, a Froglok, his spell “Dragonfire” looks completely different than when it is cast by my Sarnak, Ebullient. I have formerly turned Ebullient into an Aerakyn and the spell animation changed to match that of the Froglok. The Froglok and Aerakyn versions of the “Dragonfire” animation are identical and much prettier than the Sarnak. Could you please switch the animation files for Sarnak so that they match the other races when casting “Dragonfire”? Thank you very much for your assistance. Have a great day.
  2. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

Can you get a vid of what it looks like? The name of the spell doesn't help me out a lot.
  3. Ebullient New Member

Tom,
    Yes. I had to figure out how to take a game video. Now I have one video of a Sarnak monk using the spell Dragonfire, and one video of a Froglok monk using the spell Dragonfire. Am I overlooking the attachment button? How may I send you the two video files please?
    Thank you.
  4. Ebullient New Member

Tom,
    Here are the links to the two videos.
    Thanks[IMG][IMG]
  5. Ebullient New Member

6. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

OK that's perfect, let me try to sort out what's going on.
    Breanna likes this.
  7. Standard Member

I quite like the Sarnak version
  8. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

Breanna likes this.
  9. Ebullient New Member

The Sarnak spell looks like pinwheels flying in all directions and the Froglok version looks like a flamethrower in one direction. Will it be possible to get the Sarnak Dragonfire animation to match the Froglok Dragonfire animation?
  10. Ebullient New Member

I am not able to see your links on Discord. Are you able to see the two spells demonstrated twice each in the videos above? Don't they look completely different when you view them? To me they are drastically different.
  11. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

No they look nearly identical to me as they did in the links I posted.
    Breanna likes this.
  12. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

Wait Wait , we are talking about two different things. You are talking about particle effects and I am talking about the animation that the character is playing.
    Breanna likes this.
  13. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

Let me check that one out.
    Breanna likes this.
  14. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

OK I see they are different in the art tool, let me figure out why.
    Breanna likes this.
  15. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

Weird, Sarnak is set up the exact same way as the other races in spell visuals.
    Breanna likes this.
  16. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

Wait, hang on...
    Breanna likes this.
  17. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

So the particles in the sarnak are actually the same as the particles in the other races. They are just flying out in a crazed way and not straight out the way the others play them. I'm not quite sure why yet. They are set up the same in their spell vdls.
    I may have something to do with how weird the joints are set up in the sarnak skeleton.
    Breanna likes this.
  18. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

This is probably why...
    Other races the joint orients are different from the sarnak. Someone way back then was probably crunching and just missed it. So Sarnak are probably playing A LOT of things differently than everyone else. I can't really fix this one as they use a global system for spells, and fixing would break I have no idea what!
    Sorry about that one!
    Breanna likes this.
  19. Ebullient New Member

Please consider the following for a moment. There are 21 races who do not look like dragons. There is 1 race who do look like dragons. There are 21 races who cast Dragonfire and who look like they are breathing fire. There is 1 race who cast Dragonfire and who do not look like they are breathing fire. My favorite toon looks like a dragon but does not look like he is breathing fire (cruel irony). I contact support but the problem is insolvable. Bummer.
  20. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

Yeah sorry about that. There's a lot of old legacy stuff in there that causes more trouble fixing than leaving alone.
    Fixing the skeleton in the sarnak would break all of his animations and unfortunately I don't have time to deal with that.
    I'm not sure they actually look like a dragon though. I would say more of a drake. :)
    Breanna likes this.