Monk site?

Discussion in 'Monk' started by ARCHIVED-Embersoul, Nov 11, 2004.

1. ARCHIVED-Embersoul Guest

Does anyone know of a decent site for info on monks in EQ2? There doesn't seem to be much info widely available. Also, are there any beta monks out there that want to share their wisdom with us (i.e., tactics, equip., tanking effectiveness, etc.)?

Thanks!!
    ~Ojin~
  2. ARCHIVED-Lalron Guest

3. ARCHIVED-SpiritPriest Guest

4. ARCHIVED-Lalron Guest

The site I posted is run by the same person that runs monkly-business. Thats the site he created for eq2. It has its own message board.
  5. ARCHIVED-SpiritPriest Guest

6. ARCHIVED-Ixnae Guest

If we're going to be running under a site with Leo as admin... we might want to think twice....

He seems to bend over backwards to downplay anything sony... especially the eq's.... and he has an admin-fanboi way of promoting WoW....

Also, and more importantly... mb (monkly business) has become a refuge for monks with legitimate and illegitimate gripes about EQ1....

You even mention eq 2 (something as simple as "does anyone know when we get fd or what the differences are between the higher level versions of it) and about 10 perma-lurkers jump on with everything negative they can somehow attach to the message about SOE, eq1, eq2..... and/or the monk class as a whole...

It would be wonderful to have someone start a humble board free of the past... and let us make our own decisions about eq 2's new game, and the new version of the monk.... devoid of a large handful of people who have supposedly moved onto other games, but unable to stop posting whines on threads unrelated to eq1...

I think he's a good guy... but he's pretty bias'd for WoW and against eq2.... and his "mods" are nothing but eq haters that pretty much have a general disregard for the game we're playing and are concerned with...

Heck, I think this is preferable to mb or an eq2 mb clone...

If this seems rather harsh... check out the general section of www.monkly-business.com .... almost every thread is either hijacked, or a lengthy lament about why "this monk" is quitting with about a page or two of other disenchanted ex-monks congratulating the retiree...

Just my 24cp

(man, silver seems soooo much more valuable now.... someday I'll have a platinum piece and I'll wear it on a string around my neck.... they'll call me Mr. Rich Monk)

Ixnae
  7. ARCHIVED-Loneni Guest

I have been looking to put a simple message board together for the monks of eq2 to gather at. I would need some help as I know nothing about running message boards, but I think if a few of us pitched in we could make a great one. I already have a couple quest guides done up. Let me know and we can talk about where we could host one.
  8. ARCHIVED-digitalmafia Guest

Hi Yall,

I have a plenty of space on one of my servers and I can put a site together-basic home page/forum site for monks only.
    I can also put any/all guides n stuff on it as well. If yall would be willing to use it and contribute I dont mind doing the work.
    Cheers,
    Diagoro
  9. ARCHIVED-Loneni Guest

Great Diagoro!

I PM'd you with my contact info. Lets get this started!

Loneni
  10. ARCHIVED-Santsu Guest

Ghostly Voice says "If you build it they will come."
  11. ARCHIVED-digitalmafia Guest

Great looks like a go.
    I am installing & configuring an asp.net forum client tonight/tomorrow (toughest part) I will put the rest together over the next few days.
    You can contact me at:
    evermonks@gmail.com
    BTW-this is going to be completely free-no advertising or BS monk site.
    (Loneni-not sure how to get the pm -could you use the above email address-Thanks!).
    Diagoro
  12. ARCHIVED-digitalmafia Guest

13. ARCHIVED-Theneler Guest

Cheers to Digital!!!
  14. ARCHIVED-Mitigo Guest

Most excellent...I look forward to visiting EverMonks.com. Great name too.
  15. ARCHIVED-digitalmafia Guest

Well Loneni suggested a EQ2 monk site - built by and for players so here it is:
    http://www.evermonks.com
    It is a forums only site at the moment, but I will add additional links to guides, maps, or whatever y'all send me. The look and feel might mature a bit (as I built this in 5 hours today -> day off :) but I wont bring it down to make changes so you are all invited! I already have one moderator (other then me), but will grant it to others based on input, involvement, and content (if you are interested).
    So the my motto is--> FREE, No Advertisements, No BS, No WOW, EQ2 Monks Rule! (that about covers it).
    Thanks everyone!
    Daigoro
    evermonks@gmail.com
    *not sure if the email module is working yet - if not I will get it configured soon (so you can email lost passwords n stuff)