Monk low auto-attack DPS (Bug?)

Discussion in 'Fighters' started by Ezoo, May 19, 2017.

1. Ezoo Member

Coming back to playing my monk and auto-attack DPS seems unusually poor. Did a test on a dummy and got about 2 million DPS from auto-attack, out of 150 million DPS total. That is only 1.3%

Monks in general suffer holding aggro on multiple mobs and used to get some help by specing high AE auto-attack. That is wrecked now?
  2. dirgenoobforreal Well-Known Member

Auto Attack in this expansion is useless. Stack Potency and AMOD.

1.3-2% of ur total DPS sounds about right across all classes now.
  3. Vunder Well-Known Member

As he said, DPS is worthless...UNLESS...you are a geomancer. Then you need like 2600dps, 600MA, and 100 flurry, 100 strikethrough/accuracy and 400WDB pop TD and destroy with autoattack.
  4. Fairin Active Member

no aoe auto is good - aoe auto procs stuff which is very very nom.

can confirm, guardian MT can rip aggro off me with this ^ and thats an achivement. be sure TD is grandmastered tho...
  5. Ezoo Member

There was time when auto-attack was a big portion (>50%) of DPS for some classes. I can understand the reduction
    to a point because it was pretty mindless to just sit there on auto. BUT, this is a silly situation now where it is
    so low (1-2%) that it is almost useless unless once every 4.5 minutes you happen to pop 1 special ascension skill?

It really hurts a class like the monk who lost the aggro it was generating when it was useful. It should get tuned
    up to something like 20% of overall DPS for melee classes and become a bit meaningful again.
  6. learpilot74 Active Member

The thing is, the liquidation firm that owns DB doesn't care. If they did they would properly staff the devs so they wouldnt have to test everything on us and then knee jerk react with fixes.