Monk changes – or at least things that are Useless

Discussion in 'Fighters' started by Silzin, Apr 24, 2013.

1. Lordtomcat Member

Monk tank the worst thing to ever hit any MMO IMO. there should be no such thing as a cloth wearing tank. especially one that can out dps and block with no shield come on now we are all out here hitting this thing with spells and swords and they punching the mobs and blocking them with their bare fist/wrist??????? you go strengthen ur skin as much as u can ill take a sword and lets see if you can deflect it. OR does it get loped off!!! Please nerf these things and make em scouts or w/e other then tank.
  2. Silzin Active Member

Well I am glad to say that your comments have no bearing for the way that EQ2 does and will work in reality. There have been times in the past of EQ2 that Brawlers where no more than DPSing cloth scouts, but those days I Hope are over.

Since EQ2 was designed that all Fighters will have the capability to tank most everything, given proper skill/support/gear Monks are and will have to be a balanced tank class. I and most of the others in this thread are trying to constructively talk about changes that may help keep monks a viable tank competing for tank slots in the current/future game of EQ2. If you have any constructive criticism for the discussion them let’s talk about specifics.
  3. Lordtomcat Member

I know of no other dps class ( cause that is what they really are/or at least should be) that can solo the CoE Heroic content with out a merc other then a monk, kill all the names, and out in 1 hour or less.
    4 pop ups not to mention their heals, feign death past most mobs, take hits better then plate wearers, dodge more attacks then a zerker. as many snap taunts as a guardian.
    And your complaining about them obviously you should learn your class cause they are way too OP.
    I cant do that with any class even with a merc.
    No they need a major nerfing to put them more in line with the other tank classes and I don;t mean just their dps.
    Seriously if you want to play a class with 1 hand tied behind your back and half awake through content then monk is it, Really no one will even notice a difference.
  4. Bchizzle Active Member

Who let Talathion back on the forums?
  5. Typos Member

no facts. no sense.. this post should be removed for trolling. I've reported it.
  6. Typos Member

I laughed when i saw feign death was overpowered.
  7. Silzin Active Member

I am glad to see there are other people that agree with me on this at least.
  8. Lordtomcat Member

(no facts. no sense.. this post should be removed for trolling. I've reported it.)
    Reported why? cause you cant do it? I'm not trolling.. I'm just stating what I know.
    I never said feign death was over powering either..
    I just stated it in their abilities because it is the way they get around certain things like being over run by adds, while the other tank classes must stand and fight. W
    Why should a monk be able to run through an entire zone with out fighting 1 trash mob if it chooses not to, with this skill?
    You can't argue that fact can you?
    I'm just saying u are all in this post asking for improvements to an already over powered class.
    What do you want them to do?? Make it so you can solo epic zones now???
  9. Silzin Active Member

so you are trying to say that since monks are good at Soloing we should not get anything to help in hard group or raid content?

Also what class/es that you have played at lvl 95/320 at end game content are you comparing to monk to say that we are overpowered?

this does not mean just in the very end raiding. but i do expect you to have tanked in at least all of the group content that you can survive in and if you raid then you raid on a tank to be saying this stuff. if you are just a PvP caster saying you have seen monks Do It ALL To GOOD and you have not played a monk or any other tank at endgame then you need to get a new perspective here.

Monks have some problems when it comes to group/raid content. this is a fact that can not be disputed. Monks are very good at a lot of things, i will not try to deny that. but we do have things, like ALL Classes, that need fixing.
  10. Estred Well-Known Member

All tanks do. However, you have mentioned some of the big ones for monks higher up in the thread.
  11. Ataliemas New Member

Have to disagree, Monks/Bruisers in EQ2 started out like they where in EQ1 weak,2hnd hand off-tank that used to have some damage if Epic, and i mean real epic, like the last Class Epic End of current game Epic geared, and thats was just Some better dmg then it was . I know i started playing EQ back in its first year run and it was monk and a whole lot of sitting around waiting on either PUG's or Raid that didnt already have the max number of monk seats = (1) possibly 2 in guild, but they where not wanted at all and if it was Iskar for the tail swipe...

Sorry to break it to you they made only 1 stat important meaning every stat a monk didnt really get, now gets it here. EQ1 is unchanged, stats still matter there. Go there if that is the kind of monk that you want to see. Bring money. Lots of money.
  12. Typos Member

OK I'll humor your blatant thread derailing for one post only.
    Because i can't do it? - you aren't even trying. I can solo heroic content on other toons then monk. It's wayyy easier on my healers. So, um .. ok .. I Don't know what your talking about. And you're just trolling.

I just stated it in their abilities because it is the way they get around certain things like being over run by adds, while the other tank classes must stand and fight. W .. I'm going to go out on a limb and say your talking about Wurm bone end solo.. Once again.. you can't be more wrong.. Easiest class to train is the warden.. immune to root and use a tinkered fd. with a 20 second immune to all cc and damage reduction.. Mystic is easy to train as well. as is inquis. As was my sk ... You .. have to be trolling... unless you're a dual wielding zerker in reckless wondering why your dying?. I can't imagine otherwise? Heck even my ungeared dirge just ran right through, until roots stacked up then i killed everything.

Why should a monk be able to run through an entire zone with out fighting 1 trash mob if it chooses not to, with this skill?
    You can't argue that fact can you?
    What fact?? you're right .. i can't argue it ... because it's not a fact? I'm not being mean here.
    I'm going to help you because i feel bad for you. You apparently .. don't know what your doing and seem to be e-raging things you simply don't understand. Go to the signet merchant. Buy a couple anti stun and anti root signets. Use accordingly. Also get your tinkering up. There are multiple heals and death saves and fd's you can use. If you have trouble training on anything other then a mage, you are doing something wrong.

And remember .. take off your air mount and put a ground mount on.. and take off anything that can put you into combat.

I hope you can take something away from this other then e-rage.

If you have specific questions on how to play. I'd happily help in a different thread. I'd prefer to not clutter this one up with completely unrelated things though.
  13. Lordtomcat Member

UM who said solo's? why are you bringing up the solo's I never said solo's. obviously u are mistaken thinking a solo is same as heroic. At least you got the CoE content correct. I can run threw the solo's on all my classes without a merc.
    Also tinkered items you can use 1 time every 10 minutes and there feign death only lasts 3 minutes while a monks feign death lasts unlimited and recast is 30 seconds. As far as signet peddler's go you can only buy 2 of each anti-stun/root. no more then that as they are Lore. further more i never said u cant train mobs on other classes.
    Was just saying on the tank classes.
    Which i have 3 a guard, zerk, and Paladin. I have run all the content with each finding a varied difference in each class. Meaning I agree there are flaws in each which need to be addressed. but as far as DPS and being able to survive longer with out heals the monk exceeds all even my paladin which can heal itself.
    Will post new thread tho cause I believe you miss read above will entitle it typos and tanks :)
  14. Silzin Active Member

ok know all of that is out of our system, lets get back on topic... monks and the abilities that need fixing.
  15. Karnoz Active Member

Funny how unbalanced monks are, considering the class is currently used as a main in three out of four of the top four guilds worldwide. In fact, at least one of said guilds uses the monk as their permanent MT.

Considering monks are able to consistently tank everything in the game while maintaining way higher DPS, having better snaps, and enjoying superior utility compared to guardians, I'd say the class is more than okay.
  16. Silzin Active Member

I think that Guards need some changes also, especially in the way of DPS. All Classes have AA and other abilities that are old, outdated, or just bad to use. I think that they all need to be revamped, but i don't play a guard so i will not be making threads for feedback for them.

If you think that you can go through the Guard class in the way i did in this thread and lay out what problems they have and how to change them in a way that would be reasonable then PLEASE make a thread about it.
  17. Priority Well-Known Member

According to the progression page, Revelations on CB hasn't cleared Drinal 2 SW, Amalgamon, anything in Pirate's, nothing in the new zone, nor have you completed PoW yet. Hardly an expert in end-game raiding yourself, imo.
  18. Silzin Active Member

we have done Drinal 2 SW, but you are right about the rest. I did not say that in order to post you need to be in a top 10 guilds. In Fact i specifically said that i am not just talking about the End Game raiding, but i do expect that to be calling for nerfs like he was, to have played a monk extensively.

Are yall done derailing the thread yet or can yall let the people that want to be constructive talk about monk abilities.... unless you have something constructive to say about the abilities that have been talked about? I welcome all constructive criticism even if it is negative.
  19. Priority Well-Known Member

Bringing back memories of the SK thread during Beta. The derails in that thread were epic.
  20. Bchizzle Active Member

He raises excellent points, sometimes you don't need to be an end game expert to see the holes in a class. As far as that Lordtomcat goes he really doesn't have a clue what he is talking about.