Monk changes – or at least things that are Useless

Discussion in 'Fighters' started by Silzin, Apr 24, 2013.

1. Silzin Active Member

i am not sure putting just Block % on weapons is the best idea, for over all game balance. I do like the idea of being able to use 2 Defensive weapons, but i am not sure it is healthy to be able to do. with that said i have seem some +Block % weapons in ToV that Plate tanks could use, so this could start giving them more block then intended either way.

I do not like the current implementation of Reckless Stance at the moment, but i guess i will have to experience it on my monk and SK in group and raid...

nice list of problem abilities, some would also help bruisers... some of the Numbers could use adjusting, and i am interested how they will be changes when they make all of the changes to Wards in the Game... we will see.

Additional Abilities that need looking at for Monks:
    Winds of Salvation - either make it a Defensive ability that we can use on our selves (i am selfish) or do something so when we do use it on ... o a healer that we need to stay in... it does not port them to the front of the Named... giving the current ability all of the Cures/Immensities of the Prestige ability and maybe the Healing would make this ability much more worth specing... as it is its to situational for most AA spacs.

Last Stand - i did not think of it being used to help strengthen Death Saves... i guess it may help some for that... but most of the time after one goes off i either needed more then i had more only need the 1... i will have to experiment with it more in a Turtle spec... but outside of the Turtle up type of spec i do not see much need... we will be.
    Fierce Roar - it would be nice and a lot more convenient if it was a bit longer, but with 10 points in Ancient Advance you will be wanting to be hitting the Taunts a lot more often... so i guess it may work at 10 sec but 12 or 15 sec would be a lot easier.
    Fierce Stance - i do agree that Strickthrough does not feel right for the Offensive Stance. either Flurry, WDB, Weapons Skill, or just CB would probably be a lot more appropriate in my opinion.
    Resurgent Counter - it would be nice for this ability to have a ability like some of the new charms where, it has a Low Proc Rate and a clicky effect that activates it but makes it not proc for a time. like it is atm normally, but you can click it for a guaranteed Cure all and it can not proc again for... 5 Min un-modifiable.
    Yelinak's Focus - the only practical reason i can think of this is for an SK to get Blood Letter back up faster. at that i do not think SK's will be taking it for this purpose. i dont see it being much of a Solo tool, and i do not know about PvP... so i do not see any purpose for this.
  2. Malleria Well-Known Member

Curious, does the game consider you having reached 2% health if your death prevent heals you to 50%? I probably should've tested that. If not, brawlers don't benefit from it at all, since our only death prevent (Tenacity) puts us above the hp thresh-hold.

Highly doubt any brawlers will be matching plate mitigation this expac.
  3. Estred Well-Known Member

Another thought I had, and quite hard to test at least for me. What if the way Last Stand works takes all damage received past 2% HP and that damage is cut in half. I think maybe an example would be the best way to illustrate what I mean.

If a tank has 1,000,000 HP that means their Last Stand will trigger at 20,000 HP. So if I take 1,010,000 Damage as a One-Shot. I have exactly 30,000 damage still incoming which would kill the tank by 10,000. Would Last Stand reduce that remaining 30,000 by 50% making it 15,000 and only barely leave the tank alive?
  4. Maergoth Well-Known Member

If your death prevent triggers, then Last Stand applies.
  5. Estred Well-Known Member

I didn't get a chance to test it, does Last Stand apply to Healer Deathsaves cast upon the tank? I already know of at least one fight where Last Stand could help the MT ignore part of the script. I would assume it does since you do pass the 2% HP Threshold to trigger the DI, regardless of it's source.
  6. Maergoth Well-Known Member

7. Malleria Well-Known Member

Neat. Makes a lot more sense now why they didn't move the threshold.