Monk as a support DPS and OffTank

Discussion in 'Monk' started by ARCHIVED-Protectour, Mar 10, 2011.

1. ARCHIVED-Protectour Guest

Having returned for Vel, I was hoping to give the monk another go as a support DPS class OffTank when needed.
    Are these choices more viable then in the past with the new changes?
  2. ARCHIVED-Silzin Guest

As a Off tank or main tank, yes. We have more tolls then over to be able to tank. as a DPS, people will accepted you most of the time as a dps, but our dps in reference to real dps is going down.
  3. ARCHIVED-Protectour Guest

Sounds good enough for me then =)

Thank you for the response.
  4. ARCHIVED-circusgirl Guest

I find myself consistently in the top 6 in terms of raid dps, and have MT'd all of the mobs that my raidforce has killed (though when our paladin is around she usually tanks). I normally do really well at the beginning of a new expansion though, as I spend more time getting AA, masters, and upgrades out of raids than most people do and tend to gear up quicker as a result. My expectation is that my tanking ability will remain on par with our crusader and warrior, while my dps will probably slide as soon as our real dps classes get new weapons/ranged slot items for the crit.
    We are absolutely viable tanks this expansion, and I don't feel at all inferior to the plates anymore. DPSwise we're doing okay but will definetely end up behind sorcerers, predators, summoners, and rogues.
  5. ARCHIVED-AbbuCloudshaper Guest

Agreed. I've never felt more confident as a MT/OT in raid as I do this expansion. I think we're totally viable for either role. I felt good about it last expansion, but even better now.
    I'm also the same. When I'm really going all out I can usually get top 5 or 6 in raid dps, but I'm sure as our pure dps classes gear out, I'll drop some.
  6. ARCHIVED-Protectour Guest

Awesome =) you guys are a good community.
    Drop by Everfrost any day and send me a hello
    =)