MONK AAs

Discussion in 'Monk' started by ARCHIVED-qsnoopyjr, Apr 25, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-qsnoopyjr Guest

Hello, I have a few questions about Monks in PvP.
    I have 20 AAs and they are all unspent, I never played EQ2 before so I have no idea what a monk is and there role. Like yesterday I was grouping with this ranger and it seemed like I tanked better, also had more HP than him, however this berzerker I'm not sure if he was tanking, he was running in and doing AEs, I suppose he was tanking. So I'm not really sure if monks are tanks in this game, I mean we get a spell roots you and get really good defence so idk. But anyways my main question really is what AAs should I spend my AA points on in PvP? I'm a big fan of using knockdown skills. Also, is there a limited amount of AAs? I played EQ and monks are pullers and have fastest runspeed and really good melee fighters, and one of the best PvP'ers so I picked monk because of that but someone told me monks arent fastest in EQ2, I really hate PvPing the class with the pet telleruin, them eels or whatever lol.
    What should I spend my AAs on for PvP?
  2. ARCHIVED-Lorrn Guest

ok
    first welcome to eq2 :)
    now on to the meat
    monks in eq2 are tanks. you will have awesome avoidance and with enough work comparable mitigation to a plate tank.
    in low levels it is easier to go the dps route with a monk over the tank route. but dont forget your a tank. you get some tools to take the hits so use em. in pvp as a tank your job is to make them all hit you. use your taunts and use em a lot. as a monk you are designed for locking down single targets. it is possible to get some good aoe agro going but not till a bit later in levels. at low levels i woudl concentrate on your brawler aa tree. wisdom line gives you some nice ae capability. str line at low levels is great with chi but youll get rid of chi later in life. i woudl suggest though for starting out get your double attack aa maxed out in str line and your crits maxed out in int line. after that youll need to decide wether your speccing for tanking or dps'ing.
    check out the eq2flames monk board as well lots of good info there and many folks post there and not here on the official boards. theres a few good threads over there with starter aa builds and such as well.