Monk AA endspell Combination

Discussion in 'Monk' started by ARCHIVED-Dark Messenger, Apr 13, 2011.

1. ARCHIVED-Dark Messenger Guest

i know there should be a plenty of threads were it states thats not critting, the implement of SF possibility to boost its dmg was great for SF time, but with DoV it really needs another boost.
    i mean its an endspell from an AA tree and it does a very low dps coz its not critting, and DoV is only critbonus and critchance.
    would be great if Combination can get another boost or possibility to crit, or lower recast or something.
  2. ARCHIVED-Cocytus Guest

Lower recast would be the way to go I think
  3. ARCHIVED-Silzin Guest

I would prefer to see it changed to a passive ability that will proc then the conditions are met, instead of its current form. this would make it more user friendly and encourage the basic ideas behind it.
  4. ARCHIVED-Dark Messenger Guest

no it would be boring then, it is something special how it is now and it should stay like it is.
  5. ARCHIVED-InsaneChaosMarine Guest

6. ARCHIVED-urgthock Guest

Silzin wrote:
    I could not agree more. It should be able to crit and should be a passive ability that automatically procs when the player meets the requisite conditions.
  7. ARCHIVED-Chaoticways Guest

Silzin wrote:
    I disagree, a faster reuse would be an ideal change but auto combinations after conditions are met would be super weak.
    If u want it to auto use make a macro, after typical 3rd hit. In my opinion game has become too user friendy since launch.
    With gear and AA specs alleady being so "Cookie Cutter" now days, SOMETHING, has to be based somewhat on player skill and not simply point and click, auto combinations woulf just encourage ppl like me to highlight there monk and hit delete.
  8. ARCHIVED-BChizzle Guest

Failathion@Nagafen wrote:
    Please don't bring your zerk garbage here, monks out of all classes (SK too) only get 3 choices on their endline. Plain and simple it should be easier to use and it should crit.
  9. ARCHIVED-The_Cheeseman Guest

First of all, I have never heard the term "user-friendly" being used with a pejorative connotation before. When it comes to software, user-friendliness is all pro in my estimation. Making a game more difficult to play by making the controls less efficient is not challenge, it's irritation. If one derives some sort of pride from one's ability to endure poorly-designed control schemes, then I think one should reconsider one's priorities. The skill involved in playing a character should involve deploying one's abilities in the most effective manner, not simply being able to activate them at all.
    Secondly, while I personally don't have a problem with the basic concept of Combination's current implementation, in practice it has a major flaw: lag renders it almost unusable. In a large raid, or even during the time when PQs are running in other zones, the server-side command lag can get so bad that by the time my attack commands get processed, the timing window to activate Combination has already ended. Sometimes you can get away with clicking it before it lights-up, thereby bypassing the split-second of UI-update lag, but often it will fail due to not having processed the last combat art, yet. It's obvious from past discussions with the devs that adding multiple activate ability commands into macros is bad for general server performance, and I personally don't like that solution because I hate the spam it generates. Not to mention the loss of versatility inherent in tying the activation to only a few specific attacks.
    Personally, I think the damage Combination deals is fine, considering it has no power cost, no casting or recovery time, and cannot miss. However, I can think of few other abilities in the game that are so adversely affected by even moderate levels of command latency. For this reason alone, I would support a revamp of the ability.
  10. ARCHIVED-NamaeZero Guest

It's worth noting that in it's current state, Combination is incredibly hard to use when there's any amount of lag. I don't think any CA or Spell is as heavily punished by lag as Combination is, because of the extremely strict timer on it that does not vary in the slightest for client end conditions.
    A small change that would make a big difference is having the Combination key light up and stay up (for several seconds on it's own timer) after the three needed attacks successful connect under the old time limit. Currently, you basically have to hit all 4 different attack buttons in under a few seconds and you have no way to know if any of them missed except for the red 'stupid text' telling you that Combination didn't work, and you usually won't be able to recover in time, so knowing which attack missed is not very useful.
  11. ARCHIVED-scalzo Guest

I would prefer it to be an auto proc. I really don't need another button to smash.
  12. ARCHIVED-BChizzle Guest

Just want to mention, please devs if you read this look at making combination easier to execute and make it crit thanks.
  13. ARCHIVED-Vasch233 Guest

Rework it entirely. A trigger system or notification functionally like dark aggravation(or the assassin skill) would be awesome. Basically a passive trigger that allows you to cast it when it's up.(2-3 sec duration to cast it maybe?) Balance it out against reuse, not timing it correctly. As it stands, it's just not fun.
  14. ARCHIVED-Grifion Guest

How about Combination is instead short term self buff that boosts strikethrough, accuracy, and potency for each successful attack. And when the temp buff expires, so does the stat boosts.

Or at least setup combination so that you have to cast combination first, and then hit you jab, kick, punch combat arts to produce the bonus damage of Combination. So instead you have a short duration to hit all the proper ca's in any order to get combination to hit instead of checking for succesful ca hits by casting Combination.
  15. ARCHIVED-BChizzle Guest

Word on the street is we will be seeing the fix we have all asked for, it will crit and it will go off automatically. /thumbs up!
  16. ARCHIVED-urgthock Guest

BChizzle wrote:
    Yes, but it now only hits once. Not sure if it crits or not though. Everyone jump on test and /feedback that it needs to crit since it only hits once now.
    From the test update notes:
    Monk
    • Enhance: Will of the Heavens has been merged into one Alternate Advancement with three ranks. It now reduces the reuse time by 10 seconds per rank. The final rank adds the ability to cure Trauma effects.
    • Enhance: Silent Threat and Enhance: Challenge have been merged into Enhance: Taunts.
    • Reprimand has been added as a new Expertise ability. Reprimand is a taunt with a 24 second reuse, 20 meter range and 0.25 cast time.
    • Combination now fires automatically when a punch, jab and a kick have been used in quick succession. It now only hits once.