Monk AA build, CA rotation

Discussion in 'Fighters' started by Prayos, Jan 27, 2015.

1. Prayos Well-Known Member

Now that Flames has apparently died in a fire, I'm curious where everyone goes for class discussions? For example, I'm looking for a decent raiding AA spec and CA rotation. I know after all this time, someone has to have done the numbers, and I'd like to learn from that.
  2. xkrisx Well-Known Member

CA Rotation is pretty nil at this point in the game aside from triggering Combination.

AA Spec is pretty set in stone for Tanking vs DPSing. Visit (( http://u.eq2wire.com/ )) and look up a couple fellow Monks and get there AA Setup. There pretty much all going to be the same anymore.

This is all a matter of opinion but dispute if ya must :)
  3. Silzin Active Member

as a CA order i tend to do... Boneshattering Combination and the 2 taunts when ever they are up. these 3 attacks are the largest damage attacks we get. after them i run Baton Flurry and Pressure point for the buff/debuff then go into my Combination rotation.

as for AA I run 2 differint aa specs for what i am tanking, for harder stuff i use my Hardtanking spec for everthing else i use my Mixedtanking. the main diff is in the Prestige tree. going doubleconvertion helps with agro and dps. but going left side is very good for survivability.
  4. Liou_Unrest Active Member

I disagree with rotation not meaning much, @xkrisx

It seems to mean less than it did a few xpacs back, but I have not compared parses in-depth, either.

You will get the best rotation when you read your spells and prioritize them to maximize their benefit. For example:

1. prioritize CA's like baton flurry (+haste) in the front of your rotation
    2. use CA Rising Dragon immediately after using Dragonfire
    3. use Chi and/or Combat Mastery before Crane Flock when several enemies are present (immediately spamming your AE attacks)

Read your abilities and redo your hot bars, and you will be near maximum potential on your rotation. Also goes without saying, maximize efficiency in casting and never halt your weapon swings with your CA casting.
  5. Genghes Active Member

If you're grouped with a sin you should cast mastery when they are burning. If you aren't with a sin, but with a dirge then cast it when they charge their vc