Modern Healers (solo viability vs. group performance)

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Ehhhhhhhhh, Jan 10, 2019.

1. Ehhhhhhhhh New Member

I am coming back to EQ2 after a few years away. In fact, I think I left before the PoP expansion. My highest character was 95, anyhow. I am re-rolling on the Maj"Dul server, since it seems to have the highest pop. I still assume I will mostly solo, or molo to max or near-max level. I want to run a healer for groups and raids down the line, and am curious how these two classes are faring nowadays... both solo and in groups.
    Are either actively sought after for group content? How do they compare to each other, DPS/survivability-wise, when solo leveling? (And yes, I know they are healers, etc., but I do have to kill critters to level.)
  2. Occam Well-Known Member

You didn't mention which two healers you're playing.
    Dude and Breanna like this.
  3. Ehhhhhhhhh New Member

Wow, brain cramps! I am looking at Warden and Inquisitor.
    Breanna and Dude like this.
  4. Bhayar Well-Known Member

Either healer does well in current xpacs. Your biggest challenge will be dealing with the changes to game since you've been gone, which includes Ascensions and levels. Roxxy has bookmarked a post on the forums that can help ease the shock. Yes, you will have to kill critters to level, but leveling in today's environment (PoM and CD) is not done done by randomly rolling through zones, killing mobs for xp--it's gained by doing quests.
    Metro Gnome likes this.
  5. Mermut Well-Known Member

For end game, warden is probably in a slightly better spot right now. The have some limited wards and can do some decent dps through various heals and their CAs fit in nicely between heals as well.
    For soloing.. it's been a while since I've kicked around on my inqy, but my warden tears things up quite nicely (for a healer) and rarely has to cast more than an occasional clearwater when soloing.