MOBs too high a level for solo?

Discussion in 'Quests and Seasonal Events' started by cbirdrunr, Dec 10, 2018.

1. cbirdrunr Member

I am in the solo instance of Solusek Ro's tower on level three (Legacy of Power: Drawnto the fire.) Balzeru summons Scorched Fiends. I watched which braziers they came from and after I kill them I click on the brazier and Balzeru comes back. He then summons more fiends. The last group of adds is three (count em - three) fiends that are all epic x 4! They are level 115 and red to me. I fought for a half hour and had one almost dead and he healed himself to 100%. Aren't these guys a little tough for a solo Paladin with a merc? I need to kill them to go on with the quest. I died multiple times. Is there a trick I can't figure out? thanks in advance for any help someone can give me.
  2. Kari Well-Known Member

The epic x4 fiends sounds like the fail condition in the heroic zone. In the solo zone I remember it being two fiends each time. I would recommend to double check and make sure that you zoned into the solo zone and to be extra careful with which brazier you click. If you are in the solo zone and do the braziers perfectly and this still happens, you should probably bug it, since it is not how the zone used to function.
    Dude likes this.
  3. Daryx Well-Known Member

I just ran this zone and the only time I got the three epics was if I clicked the wrong brazier after killing the fiends. Make sure you click the brazier corresponding to the fiend you kill LAST. Both of them will light up and be clickable. I pull Balrezu out into the hall so when they are summoned, I can peek in and see where they are before engaging them. Then I know which one I will kill last and where it is standing to start off.
    Dude and Breanna like this.
  4. Cord New Member

I actually got one killed -- then he re-poped :-(
  5. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Don't let your merc automatically protect/assist. Back it off. Use Singular Focus yourself and not your usual Paladin smorgasbord of AOEs.

I usually run up onto the platform at the back of the room to fight the demon, then I watch where the fire things spawn, target one, kill it, manually send in your merc on just that one if needed. Back the merc off, target the next, kill. Target the third, which should be the one you are certain you know where it popped. When you kill that third fire spirit, click its brazier to respawn the demon.