Mobs in RoR suddenly deadly

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by bailey1, Dec 3, 2022.

1. Priority Well-Known Member

Maybe a link to your player profile would be in order.
  2. Yadi Bashir Member

This is absolutely indicative of a bug that's not affecting everyone, because what you describe is exactly what I was experiencing last night, word for word...

Everything was fine last night, I logged off to relog today, then boom, mobs are super powerful and they kill me if I don't heal myself all the time while trying to fight.

I would love to reproduce it and be able to give more details to the devs. The only thing I have changed since last night, was buying and using the 3 infusions for the merc, the familiar and the mount, sold by the merchant in RoR starting hub.

I haven't changed anything else since then. Something is very weird. Hopefully the devs will find and address this quickly...
  3. Priority Well-Known Member

Or, it's entirely indicative of you having inadvertently changed something and not knowing it.
  4. Yadi Bashir Member

I tested myself by removing all gears, buffs and everything else... zoned, log out and in... same results, a single coyote is able to kill me if I stand still...

So I went and looked at my combat log!

My Malice XII expert spell should hit for 147,000,000,000... it ONLY did 48 millions damage to the coyote... that's why it takes minutes to kill a trash mob! Holy cow... the damage was reduced by more than 99%...
    Twyla likes this.
  5. Yadi Bashir Member

and it would be cool if people would try to help instead of trying to tell me it's my fault! Something is wrong and I'm not the only one in my guild!
    Cinnerly likes this.
  6. Priority Well-Known Member

Literally asked you for your player profile. Considering you gave zero information other than "I can't kill X, Y, Z." Lol
  7. Yadi Bashir Member

Ok everyone, I found it! I found the bug!!

I can't explain why behind the code, the devs might know but not me... lol

A guildie suggested I was kinda "locked" in a lower state like mentoring is doing when we mentor...

I went to Freeport, mentored to level 5, zoned back to Raj'Dur, stopped mentoring and BOOM! I one shot everything again!
    My Malice has hit a coyote for 6.9B and killed him...

I knew it was a bug, but why I can't tell! Hopefully this will help others who have the same issue and the devs to understand why it did that to me after logging to the game today...
    Observing likes this.
  8. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

When this happens to me, it's usually because I forgot to change out of my crafting gear, and to switch my adventure mount for the crafting mount. YMMV.
  9. Yadi Bashir Member

It's a weird bug.

I was able to "solve" it the way I explained, a guildie by switching mounts and mercs a few times and another guildie had no luck and will wait to see if tomorrow's patch will solve the issue...

I haven't changed anything from last night and today, so I didn't get why I was affected. I was happy that my situation was "resolved" by mentoring and stopping, but since guidlies have differents ways of solving this, it's illusive to say the least...

Let's see with the patch tomorrow. I'm hopeful it won't come my way again...
  10. Miragian Well-Known Member

If this continues to be a problem, you need to post your character name and server, otherwise devs aren't going to be able to track it down either.

Particularly given that it was largely just you, and maybe a handful of other random people.
    Twyla likes this.
  11. Taled Well-Known Member

That most likely means you were missing buffs that you remembered to recast when you unmentored, honestly. It's *possible* it was a bug, but there would likely be others seeing the same issue, unless it requires some extremely random series of events to trigger it that you happened upon.
  12. Yadi Bashir Member

We are located on the Halls of Fate server.

My name is : Yadi

Guildies that are also affected by this bug: Vennefica and Eyvie

There is probably others, I'll have to ask later today.
    Twyla likes this.
  13. Ahlyrial Member

I know of a couple of guildies on Maj'Dul that are experiencing the same issue Yadi. Definitely seems like a bug. I'll pass along some of your suggestions on how to 'fix' it until maybe the patch fixes it. Hopefully it helps them too.
    Observing likes this.
  14. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

You might take a look at the Renewal of Ro Gear Guide.

Specifically check your adorns, mount bardings, and whether you have the buffs you can buy from the Currency Merchant for mount/merc/familiar.
  15. Adeyia New Member

Had the same issue as OP, and whilst tweaking adorns etc. will help maximize damage and survivability, there is a fundamental disconnect between reality and the devs expectation of just how much potency/crit bonus overcap people would be starting with in the expansion. Even fully buffed my potency was 750k and crit bonus of 14k, and it took ages to clear trash mobs.

I suspect all the DPS calculations were done assuming everyone would be an All Access sub paying player who had also bought the expansions with the claimable buff items. However, it seems quite a number of players (myself included) have had to watch their budget this year, and as a result the patch today includes some free-to-use versions of mercenary/mount/familiar that should bring everyone up to a minimum viable spec for the expansion. I'm now 810k potency and 23k crit bonus and it seems combat is now back to how it "should" be.

These new RoR items are also to be found at lock-box. Whilst not as good as the claimable versions, they do the job for everyone else but it seems the devs just couldn't resist one little last attempt to get people to pay up, and have made the free mount non-flyable...Hopefully I'll now be able to run instances and get a better mount pretty quickly...
  16. Escape Goat Member

I had the same problem last year and ended up quitting on my Defiler. Everyone gave me a laundry list of tedious panda quests and adorn research and that didn't interest me at all. I started a new class this time and it was a little easier as dps.
  17. Priority Well-Known Member

To start, your AAs need a massive overhaul. You're specced for melee in the first tree when autoattack does next to nothing for a shadowknight since BoL. Especially one thats running sword/board and D stance looking at the rest of your AA spec. Your spells are at least upgraded to Expert, so thats a plus. Push more Shadow Coil, Unending Agony, Death Cloud, Soulrend, Hateful Slam, Cleave Flesh and buttons. You can look up just about any SK you want, but I'll link mine at the bottom for a perfectly viable Solo to End Game AA spec.

Make sure Reaver is turned on and you know what qualifies as a spell for heals. Crusaders Faith and Shadowknights Furor are invaluable for survival, yet your specced for neither. Instead choosing the defensive temp that requires a group to use and still does next to nothing in terms of staying alive.

Zealous Smite is a decent damage AA, but it's not going to cure you in even solo content so is a complete waste of AAs in my opinion.

Your prestige tree needs a total rework. You've got wasted points all over it.

Just my 2 cents on why you may be having issues.

https://u.eq2wire.com/soe/character_detail/871879793938
    Twyla likes this.
  18. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

Yet you still have no interest in doing a questline that actually proves crucial for gearing up and advancement? You just have to do it *ONCE* to unlock the rewards for your entire account.
  19. Observing Active Member

What buff in the game provides that much difference?
  20. Taled Well-Known Member

Not having any mount/merc/familiar, for instance, is a TON of stats. Not having recast any of your buffs 'because I had them cast when I was mentored, why would I need to?' (totally not personal experience... /hide) isn't entirely unheard of.
    Juraiya and Priority like this.