Mobs in RoR suddenly deadly

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by bailey1, Dec 3, 2022.

1. bailey1 New Member

I have tried everything I can think of including all new free gear from the docks. I am unable to do any damage at all to the mobs. I have tried new weapons. Upgraded spells and mercenary.
    I am currently a level 125 guardian. Its kinda depressing when I keep dying over and over trying to figure out why I cant damage these mobs.
  2. Fyresworn New Member

This morning I was doing the RoR Sig. Questline Solos accompanied by Merc without too much issue. This afternoon I'm unable to kill a coyote in the overland area. Nor am I able to heal hardly at all. Have checked my gear. All is equal to or better than the box gear. My Resolve is 8507 and my Potency is 833,655. My mount is the same, my familiar is the same, my merc is the same. The only thing I did between the solo's this morning and now is to swap in a couple of the Nails of Harvests then swapped them back out with the original adorns. Have triple checked to make sure all adorns are back and harvest gear is stowed.

What Happened??
    Valandra likes this.
  3. Woodsbe New Member

I've experienced the same issues. I'm getting 1 shot at random by trash and named alike. I have about as good of stats as you can have at the moment. Celest merc, mount, 410 gear, leveld merc, etc. Something is broken all of the sudden and ive seen many people rage logging over it. Please, do an emergency patch and fix this.
    Valandra likes this.
  4. vlada Active Member

nothing is broken, no emergency patch is needed.
  5. Lowretta Active Member

6. vlada Active Member

i suspect low potency and crit bonus rather than a broken game is the trouble here. be reminded of the fact that many previous tier adorns do not work in RoR. this is not, a bug
  7. Miragian Well-Known Member

The combat mit of the overland mobs was bumped up a bit at one point in the last day or two. No patch or restart was needed. Outgoing damage from them was not changed.

[IMG]
    Fyresworn likes this.
  8. Priority Well-Known Member

Lololololol. This makes me smile this early, early morning. First, you all complain they're too easy, so they buff them. Now they're too hard. Its an overland. It should pretty much be Story mode for you hardcore single player types. Crap shouldn't be one shotting adventurers, otherwise, what hope do crafters have since theres about nowhere in this entire expac to harvest safely.
    Observing and Juraiya like this.
  9. Fyresworn New Member

My point was that in the morning I was handling the overland stuff .. not well but ok .. in the afternoon, with no changes to my gear of any kind I couldn't ... please actually READ the post
  10. vlada Active Member

oh i read it. and i stand by my response. im sorry you didnt like what i said. meanwhile, the overland mobs are not broken
  11. Fyresworn New Member

You can stand by your response all you like but I didn't like the response because it had absolutely nothing to do with the issue I posted ... The answer Miragian posted in this thread was perhaps somewhat closer to the mark however and I will continue to research this from that angel. And BTW ... I thouroughly understand game mechanics and programmatical algorythms having been a programmer since the early 70s and a gamer for almost as long. I was looking for an answer to what 'exactly' had 'changed' dramatically in the space of a couple of hours. My potency, crit bonus, resolve etc. had not changed and hence did not explain the issue ... Another BTW .. my issue was not just with broken overland mobs but all mobs in the RoR, including instances. My speculation was that there was a slight possibility that swapping adorns, and swapping back had possibly changed something in the background for my character. And one other BTW ... just because you, yourself have yet to experience an issue does not mean that it does not exist for someone else
    Odur27 and Juraiya like this.
  12. Nausea New Member

I had the same issue with my berserker, using the "Takish'Hiz Peafowl" buff that you get from claims fixed the issue for me.
  13. Fyresworn New Member

Wasn't complaining it was to easy or too hard ... was/am trying to find out what had changed. Simply put ... Lvl 125 Mystic same gear, same mount, same familiar etc .. morning I kill coyote .. afternoon I can't make a dent in him and he kills me without me being able to heal myself
  14. Priority Well-Known Member

They buffed them because folks complained they were too easy. Thats what changed.
    Fyresworn likes this.
  15. Miragian Well-Known Member

I suppose there is a possibility that some else is also going on but, the buff to them might have been most of what you noticed.

Depending one exactly when you noticed it.
  16. Arandar Well-Known Member

Honestly, I've seen zero difference in overland mobs; they continue to fall over like the speedbumps they have been since beta. There have been some noticeable changes to instance bosses over the past few days, but that's obviously a whole different thing.
  17. Yadi Bashir Member

They are now WAY too hard! I just got killed by a small group... last night was perfectly fine, now they take like a minute to kill a single one... and if you agro more then one you get killled.

Others in my guild are reporting the same... I was going to subscribe for a year, I might change my mind. Please fix this ASAP!

My biggest spells are barely doing damage now to trash overland mobs, that's not acceptable.
    Observing likes this.
  18. Yadi Bashir Member

If some are not seeing any differences, then there is a bug going on... last night was perfect, today it's not playable.
  19. Arandar Well-Known Member

I'd check potency, make sure you have the correct mount, familiar and merc buffs. I looked back through parses, and it does look like their damage mitigation was increased (in my particular case, I was testing against dryland corpsebeaks) but it hasn't made a practical difference, I'm still one-shotting everything. My gear is the bog-standard quest and solo instance gear for RoR, so nothing special there.
  20. Priority Well-Known Member

to test, I just grabbed my ranger. Took off all of his gear, replaced with the hopewell armor as is. Swapped to a level 1 RoR legendary mount and familiar; didnt even bother to pull out a merc. 1 shotted everything i came across. As I type this, a pack of 4 coyotes are attacking me while I sit there and do nothing. You're missing something.

Edit to add I let them beat on me for 2 minutes before they killed me.