Mobs disarming you from across the room is a lame mechanic.

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by Wurm, Dec 15, 2012.

1. Wurm Well-Known Member

And its only there to be an annoyance, it doesn't make the fight much harder.

I could see it maybe if the mob was up in your face, but from 40 meters away its just plain meh.
  2. Atan Well-Known Member

Its loads of fun when you pull 3 mobs linked in an encounter and they basically chain cast that. As a paladin I can see why that doesn't affect you too much, as a warrior, holding agro while swinging our fists is a tad ludicrous.

There are a couple of encounters I can think of where that disarm is landing every 3s or more.
    Estred likes this.
  3. Ragefighter New Member

They must have some kind of giant magnets developed by a crazy gnome =p
  4. Estred Well-Known Member

Skyshrine much?
  5. Atan Well-Known Member

Actually, I was thinking of the groups of beasties in ST contested just before the teleporter down to level 3. They also include a trauma that ticks hard and a frontal barrage that owns. Pretty much the deadliest heroic trash I've seen in a while.
  6. Estred Well-Known Member

I avoid ST Contested the gear isn't worth it even for alts, not when Solo zones are dropping Heroic Loot tables (Cazictite Roundshield drops with 160's in both solo and heroic) To me that's the issue and why grouping is so hard right now.

No one wants to run trivial content. Though your server may have more people then mine.
  7. Le Clown Active Member

I was zealous this past weekend and wanted to do something new (how exicting amirite?), throw together a group and clear contested ST...what a complete waste of 6 people's time :) gg SoE

protip: HM WE solo can save you hours of heroic grouping AND the trouble of dealing with 'others'
  8. Estred Well-Known Member

Isn't it sad that that is indeed the truth?
  9. Atan Well-Known Member

I know, the state of the game right now is very sad.

From a leadership perspective, I know I'm going to be bleeding characters in the next few months as soloing bores them out of the game.
  10. Jacck Active Member

INB4 "but guys and gals, you said you wanted a challenge"
  11. Estred Well-Known Member

Back to what Atan was getting at. Heroic's are missing over half the incentives we had to run them in SF/DoV.

No quests for "tokens" (Obol in this case)
    No "rare" Fableds from the Last Names that are markedly better than any other Fabled from Solo or Heroic.
    No full gear sets for zone tiers. I would rather a Fearcreap, Jarsath and Obol gear set thank you very much even if it does mean just bumping green stats a bit and leaving blues mostly alone.
    No 'rare named" (sorry introduced in SF we expect them now) that drop Fabled that is on par with EM Raid if not a smidge better.
    No X2 Raid zone to get what Fableds don't drop from instances.
    No Ethereals in Heroics yet Solo get them.
    No real distinction between Solo, Heroic gear beyond .2 on a blue and 10 to a green. After DoV we expected larger gaps but really I can be alright with this small an upgrade if it is defined well like it was in SF. Though you need to then balance the zones better so that you would be greatly assisted by say Fearcreep gear to run Jarsath zones, though it is not required.

eeeh.... there is a lot missing isn't there?