Mitigation

Discussion in 'Fighters' started by Downie, Mar 1, 2019.

1. Downie New Member

Is there a cap on mitigation? I cannot seem to find a credible answer to this question.
  2. Yado Active Member

Well when I look at my low-level toons and my max level toons on EQ2U and hover over Mitigation I see this

"The hard cap for Mitigation against a level 108 enemy is 34,000."

Don't know if this helps you in any way, I found it odd that a level 80 toon and a level 110 toon it says the same.

But alas I found this post which may help you LINK

I also found this from this WIKI LINK

Mitigation CapEdit
    Mitigation Cap = 150 * Level = 75%
    Mitigation increases result in increasing returns until (52.5 * Level) at which point mitigation suffers from diminishing returns.
  3. Downie New Member

[IMG]

This was the last model I have seen. Was hoping for an updated one. Or maybe a number to shoot for. I see Tanks with 60k and tanks with 45k and all of them raid, I guess get somewhere in the middle.
  4. Earar Well-Known Member

we could easily do it.

just check at which mitigation you reach 75% of a lvl 110 and then u go up like this table
    Simien likes this.
  5. Simien Active Member

My tool tip shows 75% from a level 110 opponent at around 30k mit which if correct makes the above table wrong. No sure how to go about measuring from a level 118 opponent. If correct though, 50k might be way more then a tank needs.
  6. Lemilla Active Member

If anyone wants to know how to get the actual data, please send me a PM. From experience I know that the community on this forum is not suitable for just posting it here.

The mitigation cap is about 49500 at the moment. Below are the numbers in table format and after that as a formula, for which you need to use math.

Code:
    Mitigation    Damage reduction vs level 118
    1000          -40.00%
    5000          -32.13%
    10000         -12.11%
    15000          14.36%
    20000          37.07%
    25000          50.17%
    30000          58.68%
    35000          64.66%
    40000          69.09%
    45000          72.51%
    50000          75.00%

The formula has 4 parts:
    · A horizontal linear part. Your mitigation can not go below -40%.
    · A diagonal linear part. mit% = L * (mitigation - F)
    · A curved part. mit% = (mitigation - F) / ((1 + A) * (mitigation - F) + B)
    · A horizontal linear part. Your mitigation can not go above +75%.

The linear and curved parts intersect where the mitigation percentage is 0%.

For a level 110 player getting attacked by a level 118 target, these variables are as follows:
    · L = 0.00004
    · F = 13025
    · A = 0.011372
    · B = 11760
  7. Simien Active Member

Thank you Lemilla, that is more then I ever expected. Nice work.
  8. Clintsat Well-Known Member

What would the cap be vs. 119 and 120 mobs?
  9. Lemilla Active Member

No idea. I stopped raiding quite a while ago ago, so I do not know of any level 119 and 120 mobs.

You can of course figure it out yourself. Make sure you have no damage reduction, wards or intercepts (as if they work) active. Get hit with a bunch of autoattacks, where you stoneskin some of them. Compare stoneskinned damage with taken damage to calculate the damage reduction from your mitigation. Do that with various mitigation amounts and then apply the formula above while adjusting the variables until it fits. Make sure to bring enough patch kits and mender bots.
  10. AvenElonis Well-Known Member

There may also be a difference in
    mitigation for cloth vs leather vs chain and plate. A long time ago, I was told by one of the developers that plate had a modifier of 1, chain 0.8, leather 0.6 and cloth 0.2. Anyone else noticed a difference in this ?
  11. Earar Well-Known Member

sure the table is wrong for a lvl 110 toon. This table was for a lvl 100 toon.

what u "need" to do is get the 75% at lvl 110 for a lvl 110 opponent

check the above table and extrapolate what was 75% for a lvl 100 vs a lvl 100 opponent.

was it around 14k the 75% mitigation vs a lvl 100 opponent ?

there's not

cloth just should mitigate less. so when u check a same pattern with different types of armors, u see cloth always has lower mitigation than leather than chain than plate

so a same geared mage as a inquisitor (without any buffs) shuld still have less mit coz he wears clothes
  12. Lemilla Active Member

There is no difference in the math used for various armor types; cloth just gives a smaller amount of mitigation than plate.

But there used to some differences in the past. 1 Mitigation Increase would give +5% mitigation for leather armor and only +3% for plate. This was intended to ensure that 1 Mitigation increase would help staying alive about the same amount as 1% Extra parry chance would.
    Some time later a dev added a percentage mark at the stat turning it into 1% Mitigation increase. And some time after that another dev noticed that 1% Mitigation increase was giving more than +1%, and "fixed" that.

There's also the thing that it's not actually the player level that matters, but the level of the gear you are wearing. A level 100 piece with 500 mitigation will do less than a level 110 piece with 500 mitigation.

The mitigation tool-tip stopped being useful when they started with the "this attack is harder to mitigate", which later turned into the diagonal linear part of the formula.
    The formula behind that tool-tip is the curved part of the formula above though, just with the old variables inserted form back 0 mitigation was 0% mitigation (F = 0) and the hard cap was at 150 x level. It's also only for when you are attacked by someone the same level as your gear is.
    Drona likes this.
  13. Drona Well-Known Member

What I get from all of this is that, forget about mitigation and get the best gear you can and it will all sort it self out? :)

I am only doing T1 and T2 raids and what kills me is tank busters and its never that healers cannot keep with with incoming damage. I don't tell my healers this but I always stay in offensive stance!

I also gage the same thing from tanks who are doing higher raid tiers.

I think mitigation used to be THE tank stat back in vanilla days where healers were in real danger of running out of mana so they can't spam heal hence tank mitigating steady incoming damage matters. We have power drains now but again they are result of some fail conditions so people try not to fail those.
  14. Evguenil62 Well-Known Member

What happens when player has 75% mitigation against a certain boss and has an item that with the "5% of all physical damage received by the caster is prevented" effect equipped? (See "Relentless Conviction" rune for example).
    Will physical damage reduction be more than 75% in the end?
    Is there any advantage to have this rune equipped in case your mitigation is above 75% (against certain foe)?
  15. Drona Well-Known Member

I remember someone asking this question few years ago when "Xelgad" (may have spelled it wrong) was lead or combat designer and his answer was "yes". What I can't remember is which one applies first.
    Evguenil62 likes this.
  16. Lemilla Active Member

Both apply, the effects are multiplicative and both have their own cap.

This also means that the order is irrelevant. It does not matter if you first mitigate 75% of the damage and reduce the leftover by 5%, or do that the other way round.
    Drona and Evguenil62 like this.