Mitigation Increase Bug

Discussion in 'General Fighter Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-Wasuna, Sep 1, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-Wasuna Guest

Xelgad wrote:
    http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/...topic_id=486130
  2. ARCHIVED-steelbadger Guest

Quite simply this is going to require an overhaul of every single Heroic/Epic mob in SF or people are going to find themselves suddenly dying to mobs they could previously kill easily.

Wearing identical gear (T1 Defensive Plate on a Guardian).
    Live: 12950 (74.8%)
    Test: 8952 (67.7%)
    28% Increase in the damage recieved.

I sincerely hope they do take the time necessary to tweak mobs back to where we're currently at or this is going to be a disaster.
  3. ARCHIVED-circusgirl Guest

Well, thats good news for guardians and abysmal news for everyone else.
  4. ARCHIVED-BChizzle Guest

Absolutely horrible balancing here. Change it back.
  5. ARCHIVED-Yimway Guest

steelbadger wrote:
    I wouldn't expect the sky is falling stuff from you steelbadger.
    The raid buffed mitigation is going from 15-17kish to 12-14kish. Looking at it from raid buffed mitigation, the 3000 decrease is far less than 28% when you get that far into the curve. You've got the charts and math, what is the real raid buffed decrease percentage now? Then after short terms?
    I agree though, the change makes guard mit buffs relevant again, and kicks everyone else in the nards.
  6. ARCHIVED-BChizzle Guest

Atan@Unrest wrote:
    It absolutely screws monks since they get no % damage decreasers. Basically mit was the ONLY thing keeping monks from getting 1 shotted and they just cut our mit hugetime. While its nice that plates can get 12-14kish monks will be under 10k which equals getting 1 shotted.
  7. ARCHIVED-circusgirl Guest

To make matters worse, they changed our mythical from a flat mit increase to a +mit increase at the beginning of this expansion, and they had it balanced for the current "bugged" system. People are reporting our myth giving them ~100 mit on test, and that is just plain wrong.
  8. ARCHIVED-steelbadger Guest

Atan@Unrest wrote:
    I'm not saying that the sky is falling but it is a statement of fact that mobs are going to have to be rebalanced to lessen the impact of this change. Heroics less so than Epics (I don't know a single mob where I don't play a plate wearing scout in the heroic game, there may, after this, be some that require a couple of extra bits of defensive gear) but it will have to happen.
  9. ARCHIVED-Boli32 Guest

Ironically this isn't a bug... it was a mistake made when stats were combined they are trying to cover up.
    When the +mitigation stat was first released it was designed to give "similar effects" as 1% uncontested avoidance. and indeed it was increased in effectiveness after released.
    only in TSF was the "%" added, and it was just "presumed" that 3% mitigaiton gave 3% more mitigation to worn armour... it was NEVER a true percentage of a 1:1 nature. It was increased in TSO to give similar benefits as uncontested avoidance.
    After the % was added it was flagged as a bug and now its being "fixed".
  10. ARCHIVED-RAYVEN2 Guest

Raiders are not going to care about this change. We already have more than enough mit. If things get harder we will just put back on some of the +mit gear we took off. This is gonna hit the heroic tanks much harder. This is really gonna hurt lesser geared tanks imho.
  11. ARCHIVED-circusgirl Guest

RAYVEN2 wrote:
    Speak for yourself. This is a pretty devastating change for raiding brawlers.
  12. ARCHIVED-Jeal117 Guest

raiding brawlers are definitely getting a HUGE shaft in this one... however.. considering the sheer amount of unkillableness they are currently.. it doesn't surprise me.. but this will hurt a lot :/
  13. ARCHIVED-BChizzle Guest

Jeal@Unrest wrote:
    Bruisers will still be ok, monks however, will feel it until they can get to around 12k mit in raids.
  14. ARCHIVED-Mosha D'Khan Guest

BChizzle wrote:
    dont know how we will not feel it as much as monks, maybe i am overlooking something. i dont use very many +mit items anymore but guess i will have to start, there goes my dps.
    this part is mostly for the devs but why are fighters the only ones getting nerfed? why do you have to go mess with crap at the end of xpacs and stuff. go pick on the healers or some one else who needs balancing and stop trying to make Guards the only decent tank
  15. ARCHIVED-BChizzle Guest

Mosha DKhan wrote:
    Bruiser have 10% damage reduction, monks solely rely on mit, this means monks will be more affected by this change.
  16. ARCHIVED-Mosha D'Khan Guest

BChizzle wrote:
    ah, that is what i over looked =) forgot about that on our myth