Mitigation Cap?!?!

Discussion in 'Fighters' started by Sounson, Dec 12, 2017.

1. Sounson Active Member

Anyone remember this chart? I'm curious if anyone has an updated calculation for the new mobs that are level 117-118. Kander post!

[IMG]
  2. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

It's been requested from the Devs for an update chart but one does not currently exist.

I don't think there is any way for players to create a chart like that ourselves as the tooltip only shows vs level 110 mobs.
  3. Xavion Well-Known Member

apparently 28,000 is 75% reduce for 110
  4. Sounson Active Member

They must have lowered mitigation requirements by a lot then.
  5. Earar Well-Known Member

26000 or 27k mit is 75% already of a lvl 110 opponent

18k is 68% of lvl 110 opponent
  6. wiouxev2 Active Member

Those tooltip numbers can be checked/tested pretty easily. I don't think those tooltips are accurate though, I plan on testing this very soon.
  7. Trabu Member

Anyone ever come up with some new numbers? What are we looking at for T1/T2 raids. I'm currently running a zerker and in Def stance I run around 50k mit and 18k avoidance with 110% block. I'm just wondering if that is overkill for the MIT and maybe I should pick up look at getting changing some gear out either more Avoidance/Block gear or more dps type gear.
  8. Earar Well-Known Member

depends if u tanks in offensive ?
  9. Dannni Active Member

The answer to your question is: it depends... important points to consider,

Who is healing
    What classes are they?
    How well geared are?
    Are you being solo healed?
    How long have they been playing the healing class and are they 'good'?

What are you fighting
    How hard does it hit?
    How good are your stoneskins at mitigating the incoming damage types?

How good are you at tanking?
    How well geared are you? (stamina, resists matter too)
    How well do you know the class?
    Do you have a working stoneskin rotation?

Overall though I would say 50k mitigation is almost certainly overkill and you should aim to get your block up to 70% uncontested.
  10. Sounson Active Member

Let's not try and get all philosophical and deep about it. The answer is "No, I don't actually know what the mitigation cap is because the devs haven't said." instead of bland poem stating obvious things. My favorites " How good are your stoneskins at mitigating the incoming damage types?" and "Do you have a working stoneskin rotation?" pretty much the same question. Maybe copy paste that to some tank guide or w/e.
  11. Dannni Active Member

The point was... forget about the mitigation cap, its somewhat irrelevant and you need to look at the overall picture. /sigh Sounson you still buuttthurt people questioned your skillz?
    Snikkety and Drona like this.
  12. Zezar New Member

Dannis reply is absolutely valid. If you can avoid or stoneskin enogh, mit cap is less important, so what if you are low or way under cap.
    Also, if you have a good healer, you can be solo healed on all content up to t2 at least, don't know t3 yet.
    Mitigation is the smallest problem in this expansion however it's extremly easy to obtain without loosing to much dps imo at least.
    I'm @ ~30 or something and that's more than enogh atm. If you have more and still do good dps, so be it. No problem.

Last xpack I tanked everything with 15-20k with exeption that we switched on (foes) enraged terris last step, since of my class and the oshits I had, I'm sure other classes did it easier, berserkers, monks, guards, pallys etc.
    If I had alot more mit, maybe I would be able to compensate a little for the down time of oshits ofc, but she would still hit hard.

It's all about of who sits behind your keyboard & your group members keyboards, some classes have less but It can be done.

My 2 cents
    Dannni and Drona like this.
  13. Dannni Active Member

It’s similar to digital cameras... a 20 megapixel camera isn’t always better than a 15 megapixel camera but 20 is definitely a bigger number than 15
    Zezar likes this.
  14. Trabu Member

So how do you get uncontested block up on a Zerker. Is it a function of the the block%? ie. 180 block = 70 uncontested?
    Are their specific items I should be looking to acquire? Per the tool tip I'm around 48% uncontested but I do not see anything that directly contributes to uncontested block.

As for the Mitigation cap numbers I was looking for the limit/diminishing return limits to help me with gear choices without putting overdue stress on the healers in the group/raid. I could probably tank everything up to t2 with 25k mit and keeping on my my def rotation through out the whole fight but that would probably piss my healer off to no end and thats never a good thing.

If I know that anything over 40k mit adds no noticeable benefit I can start swapping pieces out for more gear with stats that would better help with dps. Or maybe I could tank in Offensive stance knowing that at 50k in def I would only drop down to 39k or so in offensive stance thus increasing my DPS contribution to the raid without unnecessarily putting the raid/group at risk of a wipe.

Where as if I'm only at 40k mit in def stance and I switch to O stance now I'm at 30k mit and 10k below the desired mit for t1/t2 raid mobs I'm making my healers work way to hard for the small increase in dps I get and significantly increasing the chance of wipe.

So while your most of comments while useful in a tanking guide did little to shed any light on the subject of the question that was asked.

While no Dev has given us any definitive limit numbers I know that people in the top end guilds parse these numbers out. Just like most of them have already figured out what the Potency Mitigation is for each of the first 3 raid tiers are and if you pay attention they have hinted at what those target numbers are.
  15. guard Active Member

block chance gives uncontested block on my guard i have 230 block chance at the moment (a bit to much i know) and i have uncontested capped i do not raid anymore or play my tank that much so can not really comment on what is needed for raid content
  16. Drona Well-Known Member

I think things like "extra dodge", "extra parry" etc are also uncontested but you can you only have 5% of each from gear.
  17. Dannni Active Member

190% block chance = 70% uncontested block. Finding out the exact mitigation soft cap will benefit you and your healers less than you imagine. Personally would suggest the following and then move on and make sure the rest of your house is in order:

30k - low
    40k - mid (possible soft cap region)
    50k - high (possible hard cap region)
  18. Sounson Active Member

So I will take it that our collective guess as the community of tanks is that the cap is 50k for now. If anyone else finds out a for real number please post it!
  19. Dannni Active Member

Following on from what I previously put I would change it to the following based on the difficulty to obtain

30k - low
    35k - mid
    40k - high
    45k - very high
    50k - extremely high

Personally I think around 30k should be the aim in offensive and 40k in defensive. 45 or 50 is simply too much imo and will probably start to have a negative impact on your gear choices