Mit vs Block

Discussion in 'Fighters' started by Exotwo, Sep 17, 2020.

1. Nekre Active Member

Even 12 mins is a long fight, Scald at 7 increments and you tanking it for 16-19mins, id love to see some proof of YOU in dual wield, and your ACT proof of you not using ANY stoneskins. No shot I'm taking your word for that. Also would love proof of your character :) thanks!
  2. Arclite Well-Known Member

7 icons not for 17 minutes. thought that was pretty clear...
  3. Sounson Active Member

There are all kinds of red flags in this thread.

First of all, Scald is like a 7 min fight, and only 2 guilds have flawlessed it (I don't count multiple russian guilds cuz they are all the same people)

Second of all, on a flawless Scald pull with no mortal coil stacks he still hits for 1bil to 1.5 bil. Don't pretend like your mitigation matters, and if you think that your mit is somehow saving you then you don't have a clue how the game mechanics work, nor have you tested a damn thing and should stop posting. If you aren't swapping in your shield with a macro as a guardian to use your stoneskins, then you are wasting a raid spot and should have betrayed to a zerker long ago or changed toons.

Either A) Your healers are carrying your lack of tanking skills so hard by using temps, buffs and wards and giving you a false sense of skill by burdening themselves with your immense weight of suck, or more likely B) there is some epeen going on and lies being thrown.

/mic drop
    Snikkety likes this.
  4. Arclite Well-Known Member

A lot of red flags in this post alone.

Firstly 7 minutes is subjective, depends on your raid setup/dps etc -- no fight can be given a fixed time unless there is a time limit.

2 guilds flawless it? -- checked progression site lately or just venture a guess and hope its right?

If you really cannot accept that i cannot dual wield scald and tank it without using a shield or swap in and out then next time im pulling it, I will stream it for whoever wants to see...pm here and i will add you to discord.

The last comment -- yeah....that must be it...

/mic picked up from the floor and placed on the holder -- not sure what i wanted to say about that.
  5. Arclite Well-Known Member

https://imgur.com/a/m1Z38BK

Incoming damage on the pull last night.

The point about doing this is not at all about making a point about tank skill but rather keeping to the topic at hand about relevance of mit and block in this expansion -- perhaps this point was missed by some.
  6. Nekre Active Member

My question is, why you letting smoldering hit you lol, an un-needed det that just takes time away from your healers healing, especially when the det is typically 8-10 cures
    Snikkety and Sounson like this.
  7. Nazy Well-Known Member

From the Forum Guidelines:
    Please don't talk like that. You are not helping the discussion.
    Exotwo and Triad like this.
  8. Revanu Well-Known Member

Lol this guy^
    Breanna and Snikkety like this.
  9. Sounson Active Member

The difference between 50k mit and 100k mit is noticable, but only in those extreme amounts, and even then it is in the teens of percents. I can test again, but I know I did this earlier this xpac, and found that pretty much any DR > all the mitigation in the world. I'm pretty sure it was less than 15% for all that extra mitigation, and it took a lot of buffs and gear to make a 50k-75k increase happen. Any DR is probably more worth your time, and put on the ADC / flurry gear IMO.

Block is pretty useless, even if said guardian put on a shield and dodge a hit sometime this year, it made almost no difference in block % when you stack block gear. I will ask our SK who tested it later after he accepts his rez because he couldn't block a field goal kick by a pop warner kids football team if he was Lebron James on a trampoline, apparently.
    Priority likes this.
  10. Priority Well-Known Member

11. Arclite Well-Known Member

Again, that is not the point being made here at all. It is a simple case of understanding that block/mit is not functioning as it should do or have in the past or has for most part, losts its utility. Even with low avoidance like that you are getting away with hits that big. I see no need to use any of the defensive stuff throughout that fight or any other fight in this expansion and yes kudos to the healers who are keeping me up or you rather have inadequate healers with an awesome tank -- kind of an odd train of thought.

And really, pulling up a point about being authorized to talk about this because you happen to disagree? Well that is your prerogative but does not add anything to the topic being discussed - and that remains my opinion.

Posting one thing you fail to grasp from the posts i have made and then going off on another tangent is not going to take this thread anywhere useful.
    Nazy likes this.
  12. Priority Well-Known Member

13. Nazy Well-Known Member

Oh good. Then we might get somewhere.
    Exotwo and Triad like this.
  14. Melt Actually plays the game

Yeah our kill time was like... 9 minutes or so? You'd have to have some absolutely awful dps to take it 17 minutes and 7 icons up
  15. Exotwo Member

Please stop being rude. This is MY thread and I don't want it going downhill. If you have something on topic to say, say it respectfully. Respect other peoples' opinions.
    Thank you.
    Nazy and Triad like this.
  16. Jrox Well-Known Member

This, and if you wanna go all out and be indestructible, give the channeler a warden.

Block, Mit, its all heresy... More DPS please...
    Treiko and Nazy like this.
  17. Tanto Done, finished, gone.

Plus at least one forcelink in the group for extra invincibility.

Nah that's unfortunately still not enough to avoid the one-shot deaths from Scald, Vleecan and one of the Commanders. Apart from that though, /yawn
  18. Grouchey New Member

1 word for plate tanks..... DEFLECTION. Why do Monks get deflection and plate tanks do not? Isn't the purpose of a shield to deflect? We both have parry and defense; however, only Monks have a deflection skill as far as I can tell. Deflection is a HUGE boost to their avoidance. Fix the shields and give us deflection.
  19. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Throughout this thread, people seem to have forgotten that different flavors of tanks are supposed to be different, yet all viable as tanks.
    • Brawlers wear leather, which has less mitigation, they can't use shields. So they get ninja combat abilities instead. They were built to be avoidance tanks.
    • Used to be that Crusaders could not use Tower Shields, it had to be kites. That got changed. Wearing plate and carrying a shield gave more block and mitigation that Brawlers didn't have. Crusaders' self-healing also figured in.
    • Remember when Zerkers could only use bucklers? (Frisbees, I swear they were frisbees!) Also, wearing plate armor, ability to dual-wield, etc.
    • Remember when Guardians' shields broke, so they had to carry several with them? Also, wearing plate armor, using Tower Shields, etc.

Not every tank should have all possible tanking abilities. If that happened, you wouldn't need six flavors of tanks, you'd have just ONE.

Throughout the many expansions, tank viability has shifted around a lot. Originally, Shadowknights were almost useless, "mages in tin cans", but look at them now! Crusaders in general got improvements. So have the other classes (reference broken shields and frisbees, for example).

Don't like the balance between tank classes? Wait an expansion or two, it will change.
    Breanna, Nazy and Benj like this.
  20. Akada Member

Thats correct, there should be a difference between every tank class, BUT every tank should be able to tank in max def. Only somne special script bosses that needs evil or good tanks as a special. But when scald has this requirements, then the devs should write it on the increments of the boss (- may only be tanking by monk or guard)

When I see, that some guards do it dual wield and in offstance, sorry nobody is so ub0r skilled that he can compensate my stats in def stance. As healers, I had templar/Mystic and coercer/dirge as support also. Not ideal but also not so bad.

You switch me against a monk and Scald was killed. So there are only the difference in tank classes. So i think stoneskins and base avoid may be the primary key.
    And the argument, that plate tanks have miti/block is very weak, because as plate tank you must work on your gear that have miti/block on it, to raising this stats. And Monks? Have base Avoid and then can gear like a scout or mage and has fun or what?