Mit vs Block

Discussion in 'Fighters' started by Exotwo, Sep 17, 2020.

1. Bludd Well-Known Member

running the heroic with a solo healer is much easier with health bardings (not fully, maybe only lower slots)
  2. Ra'Gruzgob Well-Known Member

do you mean they are pressing buttons too quickly? (isn't it better to show as how correctly than to imply: "you have crooked arms, they grow not from your shoulders but from what is below back, and you will always remain so humpbacked"?)
  3. Melt Actually plays the game

When we're pulling flawlesses we just go super slow, everybody with max hp. At one point we had everyone but one person in the raid over a billion health :p
  4. Exotwo Member

wow... I only have 300,000.:(
  5. Arclite Well-Known Member

You have no reason to worry about any of that at that level. Just pick up quest gear to tide yourself over and hit max level and then you can revisit this discussion with a meaningful take on the matter.
    Snikkety and Bhayar like this.
  6. Akada Member

As paladin I am not be able to tanking Scald Raid Endboss when more then 3 Totems active.
    I have 460% block and 62k miti, 113k pot and round about 1,05 billion HP. Deity Spell with 5% overall dmg reduction als active.
    What i not have is stoneskins and decent miti buffs like guards and monks.
    Result is, that this two classes can easily tank Scald and i am not able to do this. Thats the first time that i am not be able after tanking all content from T5, T8 Avatars,. T9 Avatars and all previous Addons from now. I am only in struggle with 3 Bosses in Sol eye Raid.

Many here mention, that miti and block have no relevance that is true when you can prevent all with stoneskins.
    If you know a crusader, who can MT Scald in Raid, please tell me the secret.
  7. Bludd Well-Known Member

how can you have 1b hp and only 113k potency?
  8. Akada Member

All barding slots with HP, Forcelink, Celestial premium infused (e.g. bp has 7800 sta) on all items, Templar in Group, Mystic in group. Most of the jewelery for trying to tank was old stuff with miti+block+max hp on it.
    Thats the stats when I am in MT group, not solo stats.
  9. Akada Member

I am not posting here that people have doubt about my stats.
    It is fact, that dev has no feeling for classbalancing and a pally deathprevents and imuns with a duration of 4 sec when Scald hits like a truck permantly over 1,5 Billion dmg is a joke. Until 50% of Scald is no problem but then is more to do for Raid and more then one totem is active and then I have no chance to prevent the hard phys. hits >1b dmg
  10. Bludd Well-Known Member

but dont your abilities gain from your potency? like your buffs? you basically have almost half the potency people have now
  11. Akada Member

sorry i mean 213k pot. my fault
    Bludd likes this.
  12. Bludd Well-Known Member

thank you, then i have no answers. you have great potency. i would honestly go to discord and the raiding channel and ask there or make your own thread here
  13. Arclite Well-Known Member

I guess then it varies a lot with the classes. My guard has nowhere near 1 billion hp, i think im around 800 mil hp in raids with about 210k potency (raid buffed) with mostly max infused gear. I have dual wielded scald whilst main tanking (and every raid encounter in this expansion) and cannot recall even ever taking spike damage on that fight. We go up to 5 increments on pillars sometimes as well. Our off-tank either a pally or zerk usually pick up the adds and have rarely seen them explode every now and then.

With regards to be able to use stoneskins and mit buffs then that is not entirely accurate. The harder fights like commanders in PoW or Berenz in barrens, when you look at the incoming damage per hit, most of it far exceeds your hp. Even diaku final boss challenge pre-nerf used to hit over 1 billion in spike damage when the cow script was happening. That was designed to outright kill you regardless of your mit buffs, stoneskins or block chance. The only thing that has worked against these scripts is dragoon reflexes (AA ability shared with zerks) that is 100% parry for X seconds. Last man standing/tower of stone/ perfect counter gets eaten in a second and you are dead the next without reflexes or a deathsave. In fights like scald, i hardly if ever put something up defensively throughout the whole fight. Battle cry is on rotation and that is the only mitigation buff on the group. I think the only time i was using stuff was when we were doing it flawless last week and wanted to make sure.

Our pally has also pretty much tanked everything in this expansion and tbh i cannot recall him any issues with not being able to tank a named.

On Scald, may be you are not curing elemental? or getting adds as well?
  14. Priority Well-Known Member

Try a templar/fury for primary heals. Don't use crusaders faith, cheetah, and true faith at the same time. I doubt your 100% block temp works on Scald, so I wouldn't rely on that. Legionaries conviction can be useful for barrages/surge damage/other minor crap to reduce the strain.

Overall, it's a trash fight for crusaders to tank flawlessly on their own and the devs aren't forthcoming with why the 100% avoid buffs don't work on it.

Glad it's starting to get some exposure from other crusaders though.
  15. Nazy Well-Known Member

Why Templar and not a Shaman?
  16. Priority Well-Known Member

I've just had better results with that combo than any other this expansion. Templars are beast healers, have a ton of amazing buffs/temps, and synergize well with SK/Fury temps
    Nazy likes this.
  17. Melt Actually plays the game

If you're MTing it with 5 icons up and running no temps, your healers are casting temps. At 4 icons he flurries for well into the billions, there's just a subzero chance this is truthful.
  18. Arclite Well-Known Member

There is no reason for me to say otherwise. Killed it last night as well, 2nd time flawless. Dual wielding again. The fight time was around 16-19 minutes if i recall correctly from memory. As a matter of fact we were at 7 increments on pillars at night for an extended period of time. I always ask for a deathsave when i know i would need one and throughout the fight i did not even use any of my main defensive snaps except battle cry mit buff on rotation and throwing up tower of stone when an add spawned.

I will double check the act when i get home, are you sure you are not missing some part of script thats hitting your for billions?
  19. Priority Well-Known Member

Wish I could tank scald for 17 minutes with no temps....considering I grabbed agro for all of 3 seconds on pull and he quickly ate my blood letters and killed me instantly
    Snikkety likes this.
  20. Revanu Well-Known Member

7 icons and 17 minutes? Long fight. It’s like a 12 min fight tops