Missing white adornment slots on new items

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by Nindakin, Nov 15, 2012.

1. Twyxx Well-Known Member

Anything that affects trigger chance (several charms, runes and dirge buffs, etc.) can modify the runes. They are up a lot more than what the description lists. The procs from the runes are much better than a static 2.5% and have been since day 1 of DoV.

Also, yeah, what happened to flurry?
  2. Lempo Well-Known Member

You are clueless if you think that a group proc that increases damage of spells and combat arts by 15% or 17%, is up on average 20 seconds out of every 60 is not worth more to the group, or the raid than a permanent 2.5% that only benefits you.

Heroic gear is ridiculously overpowered or raid gear is ridiculously underpowered whichever way you want to look at it, the differences between the gear is marginal and solo zones are dropping raid level gear like candy. So if Heroically geared players feel sleighted then maybe they can grind some solo zones for raid gear.
  3. Lazlo New Member

I think you are missed the total picture. weapon proc + 2 whites vs 1 red rune + 1 white is the issue. Old weapons with 2 white slots usually had a proc. This makes many new weapons not a clear upgrade.

I do agree a red slot is better than a white slot. But that's not the big picture and why (I think ) the new weapons seem to missing something. I doubt it will change, its just another SOE poor design. Missing flurry is also an issue as you cant respec into it.
  4. slippery Well-Known Member

The problem with new weapons being upgrades is they are all missing 7 flurry
    Atan and Lazlo like this.
  5. Gaealiege Active Member

Perhaps I'm not making myself clear enough. You're talking about procs like Winds, etc. Those procs don't go in heroic gear. Heroic gear has no equivalent. Overkill (12% pot proc) is not equal to or greater than 2.5% potency on a heroic weapon. Trigger chance spells/AA do NOT affect Overkill. Thanks for playing though.
  6. drudy New Member

I'm in complete agreement with Nindakin and Gaealiege on this one. I'd like to see a comment from a developer on the rationale for this change in these slots...something other than "because I told you so" or "because that's the way it is" would be great.
  7. Koleg Active Member

Primary / Secondary with 1 White + 1 R/Y is the model used in DOV. I was more upset when SS stripped the Yellow/Reds off of gear and replaced them with a White. Sure the SS gear came with Procs that DOV didn't, but after you've raided a few times you'd quickly find that the built in procs would double or triple up and be wasted. Changing gear for the only reason of changing a doubled proc is a waste of gear when you use to just have to swap a red rune.
  8. Atan Well-Known Member

I suspect this is a case of raiders saying, "sweet I can run more red runes that I like" and non raiders saying, "the yellow adorns are meh for my class, I'd rather run another white".
  9. Alexaandria Member

SOE - how about this as a suggestion for the adorns: Make adornment slots reforge-able so that a player can add up to 4 adorn slots of any type they wish? 2 white + 1 yellow + 1 red / 4 white / 4 red / etc.