Missing Items for Decorating a Better House

Discussion in 'Look and Feel' started by ARCHIVED-Wilahelm, Jul 7, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-Wilahelm Guest

"The devil is in the details" - idiom
    In short, that is the main point of decorating in any situation. The little detail that can make a room seem good, great, 'over the top', gawdy &/or 'too busy'.
    I was thinking of a 'simple' solution, Have tradeskilled quest componates remain as craftable house items?
    It has happened before...
    I have seen alot of Gardens in house zones, though few tools (only know of two shovels, a pick-axe & a pitch folk as 'Legend & Lore' quest rewards, and no others).
    On Harvesting (gardening) tools (as House Items), those could be a rewards either for a repeatable quests (like the Feeding Duggin line):
    • From a distressed farmer in Antonica
      (Killing 'critters', harvesting &/or having to make them new ones but only get item as reward)
    • A quest gathering raw supplies for the Far Seas Trading Company's Supply Division
      (Either based on the of the Isle of Mara, or as another activity during the City Festivals)
    • A new set of Nights of the Dead Recipes to craft.
      (Lets faces it, other than a farm this is the only time most people even think of Scythes, Pitch-forks & such)
    I know that we have 'Sir Lucin' as a faction purchase from the Qeynosian Guard, though I would not have minded the other test Dummies from Steamfront Mountains.
    (Those that did the Tradeskill quests know what I mean, and you still can make the dishes from earlier)
    I was looking for a broom for a house I was working on (much like the Broom Replica in Marketplace), though could not find one.
    (Could be another quest reward from the Haunted House Goblin, considering you clean? Or another NotD reciepe?)
  2. ARCHIVED-Wilahelm Guest

Update
    I know we ask alot of the Dev team, especially for house decoring, though an old idea came back to my mind.
    • On house items that are not quest rewards, or able to be purchased, that are of a specific city area...
      Make a Reciepe book for crafters with 30k faction of the area (Fed of Tradesfolk, Ravens of the North, etc.) to be made (like the TSO ones of Grobb, Tupta & Survival Accord)
    Just a thought...
  3. ARCHIVED-Zabjade Guest

Blocks of boiling/steaming water or even room temprature water that have no collision (for making hotsprings and tubs that actually WORK) :)
  4. ARCHIVED-apwyork Guest

To me, the most obviously missing item, is prestige houses that aren't just huge instances or gigantic structures cleared of the decor. The freeport large house and qeynos large houses are wonderful. The ceilings aren't a hundred feet high, the rooms aren't as large as football fields, etc. They actually look and feel like houses. Lately the trend seems to be just finding some huge building in the game and slapping a $20 dollar tag on it can calling it a home. I would buy a qeynos or freeport house, with all the abilities to customize them that they come with already, long before I would some godawful monstrosity like the qeynos and freeport mage guild buildings.
  5. ARCHIVED-Ellarae Guest

Zabjade wrote:
    And waterfalls!
  6. ARCHIVED-Cloudrat Guest

[IMG]
    From EW crafting questline.
    Also the hammer and saw from the crafters signature quest from Tahar make nice farm tools house items.