Missing houses after transfer....

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by Springelf, Sep 16, 2017.

1. Springelf Active Member

I had 3 accounts. I moved most of my character to HoF no problem. Checked on their houses there and everything was fine. My last character to move had 30 houses...not all full but some were super full. Now, they arent showing up at all on HoF. So....Yikes!?

I have logged all the way out, its been...30 mins? Does this take longer based on amount of info that might need to be moved. Anyone else have this issue?

Needless to say I am sorta starting to freak out. I'll petition in another 30 mins but wanted to see if anyone had info they could share.
  2. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

When I did a transfer it took more than 4 hours for all my houses and items to show up, they seemed to appear in bits and bats, over the course of that 4+ hours but everything did eventually arrive.

Cyrrena
  3. Springelf Active Member

Thank you for reply!

This has also happened to friend who had large houses moving from SH today. We had know idea what to expect. I never did a transfer before today.
  4. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

I transferred my Stormhold toon to Skyfire, and she arrived without her house. I checked today, though, and it was there.
  5. Springelf Active Member

Its been 6 hours and nada. I really hope it shows up tonight. On pins and needles.

Hearing others had this stuff happened to them and it worked out helps.
  6. Springelf Active Member

Got a reply to my petition.

They lost the houses.

So thats a thing that happens.....

They are going to work with me to help me get the actual houses...and all the stuff in them. Somehow. I cant figure out how since 2 of the houses had 1800+ items in them. And thats just 2 of them....

Of course all the actual work putting the places together is gone.

fml
  7. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

They have logs that will tell them what each house was and what was in it, its probably just a matter of copying the house (item number) and all the contents (item numbers) from a backup onto the new server.

Cyrrena
    Prissetta likes this.
  8. santargria Well-Known Member

I do hope you get your "stuff" back - however...

Yours is a perfect example of why I've been so hesitant to move to another server and have not as of yet...

Please keep this thread informed -

parked and watching...
  9. Finora Well-Known Member

I've heard of this sort of thing happening very rarely before. Good news is the CS seems to always settle it happily.

Even though I have decided I've not used any tokens to move characters, just let merges take them where they will, I always save the current layout of my characters houses. Of course that doesn't help you =(.

I really hope you get all your stuff back.
    Sejreia and Prissetta like this.
  10. Sejreia Active Member

I've moved 3, all had a home missing and only one had been fully decorated. I've stopped moving them until something may be done about this. I had 1 of 3 toons loose homes, even her cash shop ones, when moving from RTT, too. Customer service was very very helpful then and I got my homes back quickly. My main hasn't moved yet because of this. Hers will be a huge loss. I would wait for merge but I already have my 9 on Antonia Bayle. So here we go hehe
    Finora likes this.
  11. Sejreia Active Member

Yep! Same results :)
    Already got the 3 homes back and everything is where it was. Again, GM Violetann to the rescue, rounding up those pesky Goblin movers that prefer fun over work, who knew...
    This is the second time with very positive results, so lay your concerns to rest @santargria; get movin!:D
    Dude, Prissetta and Finora like this.
  12. Lateana Older than Dirt, Playing EQII since 2004

ALWAYS, make a backup log of your houses before a move. It will make it a lot less painful if your house is lost. I know from experience. They can always get your stuff back, but if you don't don't have a saved layout you may just get a house with a full moving crate ;(
    Sejreia and Prissetta like this.
  13. Dream New Member

Two of my guildies lost all of their houses during the move to Maj'dul . I mean both had 20 plus homes on Stormhold, all decorated.. they are attempting to replace everything piece by piece, house by house... neither of them unfortunately saved layouts.. if your home has 1800 plus items.. save the layout before you move and reduce the number of items.. it might save you the headache of loosing that home in the transfer.
    Prissetta likes this.