Missing characters

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Lateana, Nov 14, 2018.

1. Lateana Older than Dirt, Playing EQII since 2004

I now have only 14 characters and I am missing 12 characters on my main account. They were all there Yesterday morning.
  2. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Sometimes the character select screen acts weirdly. Log in, don't select a character, and then use the up arrow a bunch of times, then the down arrow several times. That will often cause the screen to reload characters.

Sometimes your {Username}_characters.ini file can become corrupted. Try renaming it to {Username}_characters.ini.old then restart the game. This will force it to be recreated.

You should also be able to use /camp {charactername} or /camp {servername}.{charactername} (if you have tons on different servers).
  3. Lateana Older than Dirt, Playing EQII since 2004

Thank you for the suggestions:) I tried what you suggested, logging out and back into the game several times, and camped to specific characters, all to no avail. What finally seemed to work was filing a petition, then they automagicaly reappeared ;)
    Sigrdrifa likes this.
  4. Elyria Well-Known Member

I'm glad you got your peoples back! Also, please tell me "automagicaly" is not a typo...because it is a delightful word:) and I love it <3
    Breanna likes this.