Missing Advanced Adorning 11

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Karnoz, Nov 15, 2014.

1. Ruckus Well-Known Member

I would say more than just raid guilds would want it. There are a few people in my guild that have the book. Some paid 1500p, others lucked out and got a drop while not actively farming for one. Me, on the other hand, am up to like 45 hours of farming exclusively for it, and I have nothing but more from all this time but a bunch of harvested raws that I do not need...oh and i got a foundation (but no master to go with it yet!)

There was one last night/this morning up for 2000p. That person also needed to pay his/her house rent.

I guess it gives me something to complain about on the forums. If I ever get one, I'll probably go back to being bored and obsessing over the last few AoM shinies that I still need. I raid 3 nights a week and have 8 crafters that have all of their earrings and shawls. I will not level up a sage...I will not level up a sage...I will not level up a sage.
    Foretold and Charlice like this.
  2. Charlice Well-Known Member

I have a sage, just pay for the fuel.

I don't want to buy the book, I want to loot it. Honestly though, you're lucky if you see a half dozen small chests in 6 hours play, then when you do they're full of sandals!
    Wintir, Prrasha and Ruckus like this.
  3. Ruckus Well-Known Member

I keep getting chests with Adept books, and it's just something to mute. Since the named mobs only drop 96 level stuff around half the time (and useless level 95 weapons the other half), I'm making my manas and infusions from all the powders and fragments that I get from muting the Adept books.

I have a list of what fabled adorn that I want to put on each slot for my character. I HATE having to ask my friend to make them for me. I leveled up 8 crafters to support my swashbuckler. I leveled up his tinkering, adorning, and transmuting to support myself and friends/guildies. I spent a few days doing nothing but making quints, so I have a stash for myself and for friends/guildies to buy at my cost.

I like being DIY with my crafting alt army, and this lack of advanced adorn 11 book is annoying me to no end.

I still want to know what SOE's reasons is behind making this thing so blasted rare.
  4. Ranga Active Member

If they were going to tell us, they would have done so by now. Don't hold your breath either for the book or an explanation.
  5. Ruckus Well-Known Member

Apparently these books are dropping off trash mobs in heroic instaces. Someone on Unrest is 6 boxing heroic instances, and is getting these books to drop and is tossing them up on the broker. He/she has had 4 up for sale recently.

Last night, a friend said he got one off a trash mob drop in a heroic zone that he was in. Since trash body drops usually go "round robin", it's just your dumb luck if you get the adorn 11 book, or a status item, or a 5p vendor loot item.

Said friend is not a crafter, and he knows that I've put in 45+ hours of overland farming for this blasted book. He knows that I have 8 max level crafters, and I've been hooking him up with various combines for war runes, etc. He gave me the book for free, and told him that I'll craft everything for him from now on for no charge for fuels and quints for war runes. =P

I was in a group last night and we ran like 3-4 heroic zones, and 1 person in the group lucked out to get a random round robin adorn 11 book. Most people don't even notice what they've gotten stuffed into their bags until the end of the night when they are cleaning out their bags before they camp for the night.

I told the one other guildie in this group that I got the adorn 11 book from my friend and that he got it off a trash mob in a heroic zone. I went back into my logs and noticed that our group had also gotten an adorn 11 book to drop. My guildie told me that he just checked his bags, and that he must have JUST gotten one off a trash mob after I left group and he and the other 4 went on to do another heroic zone.

For awhile, the trash mobs were not dropping loot, but since that problem has been fixed, we're FINALLY starting to see these books drop more. So, just run heroic zones and kill trash to increase your odds of getting a 1/6 chance at an advanced adorn 11 book. These odds are much better than mindlessly running around overland zones and slaughtering innocent grimlings.

I also told another friend (who is not a crafter and has no clue about the rarity and value of these books) to keep an eye on her bags to make sure that she doesn't foolishly sell this book to a merchant for a few gold.

I'm still annoyed that this book is so rare and if I luck out with getting extras, that they'll be going to close friends and I will not be sticking them up on the broker on an unknown alt for 3000p.
    Charlice likes this.
  6. Meirril Well-Known Member

Its kind of hard to call a book rare and talk about 4 people you know getting it in less than a day. The book is commonly dropping in heroic content now that the body/junk loot drops have been fixed. I've only herd of it dropping in Contested Heroic but I wouldn't be surprised to hear its dropping from instances as well.

And it wouldn't surprise me to hear its dropping everywhere. It makes sense for most of them to come from heroic content because minor loot drops are more frequent in group content than overland or solo instances.

Expectations are high for the value of this book. Last night a person offered 10k for the book in auction, and I had herd at least 3 people talking about getting the drop in the last 2 hours before that. I expect as more of these start hitting the broker the price will drop rapidly. I also think its going to take more than a month for it to get to less than 100p. It will eventually go down to around the price of most 99/100 advanced books.
  7. Ruckus Well-Known Member

Yeah, it was "rare" up until they finally got around to fixing the problem. If I end up lucking out and getting a few in my bags, I'll still hook up friends vs. trying to make a profit...which totally goes against Rogue Club rules. =P
    Charlice likes this.
  8. Charlice Well-Known Member

Yeah they must be a lot more common. They're only just over 2k on the broker now :)
  9. Kraeref Well-Known Member

I got mine yesterday killing bearspiders around Three sisters lake.
  10. Meirril Well-Known Member

On AB the last time I looked there were 2 pages of adv adornment 11 up and the cheapest was 2k.

2 pages. You'd be nuts to pay 2k for something that is dropping that commonly. It isn't like your going to scribe the book and sell enough adornments to make it back.
  11. Deveryn Well-Known Member

I just got it from entry trash in HighHold AS.
    Kuulei likes this.
  12. Rotherian Well-Known Member

Does anyone else have the suspicion that some of these Advanced Adornments Volume 11 "sightings" are merely folks getting payback on some mobs that killed them? :D

Seriously, though, I don't think anyone is actually doing that. However, it would be funny if they were. ;)
  13. Ynnek Well-Known Member

Back when it was ultra rare, I think the thread was trolled more than once.

Now, it's unnecessary. I just cleaned out my bags and found 3 of them. Didn't even know I had them, looted without fanfare, silently slipped into my bags, probably while out harvesting. They may not be as common as their predecessors, but they're certainly dropping.
  14. Ajjantis Well-Known Member

Got it off trash in TS, cheapest on broker was 2k on AB so I thought i'd be a nice guy and put it on broker for 1.5k. It was bought within seconds.
    Charlice likes this.
  15. Tsurupettan Active Member

When I went to bed last night, there was a page full of 450 to 1k plat Adv. Adorn 11s on the broker on AB.

As of this morning, there's a page of 300 to 350 plat Adv. Adorn 11s instead. I feel a little fortunate that I was too lazy all of this time to actually raise adorning. :)
  16. wind Member

ZERO?
    Ranga likes this.
  17. Deveryn Well-Known Member

har har. I actually have two from last night. Both times, grimlings dropped it.
  18. Charlice Well-Known Member

:mad:
    I can imagine you cackling as you looted them.
  19. Wurm Well-Known Member

I refuse to buy it... either I get the drop or I don't, and I'm way beyond worrying about it anymore.
  20. Naneeje Well-Known Member

Well Wurm, shouldn't be long now, because I have a top level adorner just waiting for the recipe.
    I get back from my usual round of harvesting and killing in PS for the daily challenges?
    I had two.
    I went to sell one thinking I just scored big time!!!
    Not so much,
    down to 140pp on AB as of last night.
    I think the drop rate is fixed :)