Missing Advanced Adorning 11

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Karnoz, Nov 15, 2014.

1. Wintir Active Member

AA11 is ub de debil :eek:
  2. Ruckus Well-Known Member

Exactly.

My friend and I were grouped on alts running the Newsies bag quest and a tiny chest dropped. We were both like OOH WATCH IT BE ADVANCED ADORN 11. No luck, and it was a regular advanced TS book. Though, if it was an advanced adorn 11 book, she probably would have won it, because my RNG has been crap for like the past 3 expansions now. The only way I win a shiny is when 5/6 people in the group hit greed.
    Calthine and Lateana like this.
  3. Ratza Well-Known Member

I don't understand why this book is made super ridiculous rare.....makes no sense and causes nothing but frustration to those needing it.
    Tylia and Feldon like this.
  4. Laiina Well-Known Member

I am of two minds about the rarity - yes it was frustrating before I found one, but it is just as frustrating to see just how difficult it is to get enough mats to make the Superior adorns. In reality it is no real change from the way the previous recipes went, but in AoM it seems to be much more difficult to get the Polished Mana. True, it can be made from lesser components (such as 100 Powders), but it seems like the "Fabled" gear of AoM has a much lower drop rate for the Polished Mana than did the previous tiers.
  5. Wurm Well-Known Member

That is pretty much why I gave up on farming for it.
  6. Maruven Member

I sold one for 10 plat around the first week of Dec. None were on the broker and I didn't ask anyone. Just figured 10 plat wasn't bad for a craft book.

So, Oasis...whoever bought the 10 plat (plus broker fee) ADV Adorn Vol 11...I was the idiot who sold it. :)

What makes this worse, is that I am now skilling up in Adorn and can see the day coming soon where I will either camp TS/PS or get ready to shell out the plat.

:(
  7. Ruckus Well-Known Member

Add another 2 hours to my mindless AoEing of level 96 mobs to get one stupid adorning book to drop.

Really, SOE? Really...you're taking the fun out of your own game for us. You need to rethink the unknown reason why you're doing this so we can get back to our "in game lives"....like endlessly searching for GM rares and mysterious crystals in the slow respawning harvest nodes.
  8. Feldon Well-Known Member

Advanced Adornments Volume 11 -- for the 1% of the 1%
    Alenna, Filly67, Kuulei and 2 others like this.
  9. Ruckus Well-Known Member

More like for the 0.1% of the 0.1%. :mad:
    Guiscard, Kraeref and Wintir like this.
  10. Kuulei Well-Known Member

Surprising how something so trivial, is sending this game to its grave.
    brokenshieldd, Charlice and Guiscard like this.
  11. Gharyn Well-Known Member

It's ridiculous wasting time farming this and getting upset over it. Most people who get one will find getting mats for the recipes as rare as the book. I've had one for a month and haven't had a chance to use it yet. And the superiors it makes are only slight upgrades over greaters, not worth an inordinate amount of effort. They'll come when they come.
    Filly67 likes this.
  12. Wurm Well-Known Member

Oh I know that, I'm still farming for it every day though... to sell it! :cool: Be nice to be rich at least once in my 10 years of playing lol
  13. Charlice Well-Known Member

Yes, but you have it. Farming endlessly and not getting it, is frustrating and stupid. Add that to the fact I spend a good chunk of my play time harvesting and I've never harvested a spellshard, nor have I ever received one of the essence things from any one of my NINE apprentices, and I'm pretty fed up.

I enjoyed crafting until this expansion, now it's just an exercise in RNG.
    Quillyne, Purrako and Ruckus like this.
  14. Gharyn Well-Known Member

I haven't found any spellshards or foundations either. And my comment on book 11 works for those and the grandmasters too. Not worth the ridiculous amount of effort and time for so little gain.
  15. Charlice Well-Known Member

Can we please be advised by SoE why this book is so stupidly rare? You know, just a clue? It's a CRAFT BOOK. Why the rarity?

Is the drop rate now working as intended SOE?
  16. Llwellyn Active Member

This may help answer that.

It should help availability of (this specific type of) higher end items in general... and this problem would have only continued to get worse as the mob level and player level disparity continued to grow and remain apart for all of the content.
    Shmogre likes this.
  17. Charlice Well-Known Member

Well it may help I guess, if I believed a word of it. The players that have had it drop have recieved it from mobs 96+ already.
    It's like them stating it would only drop from humanoid mobs and players looting it from things such as, ... spiders.
    And honestly getting anything at all to drop in Phantom Sea is like pushing s.. nvm.

It's almost like being told it's legit that AA8 is dropping regularly from AoM mobs. Really? Sounds like error to me, and I do not mean on the user side.

I'm not really shooting the messenger ... I just would of thought that on Unrest we'd see maybe one a month now on the broker, guess I was just being silly.
    Wurm likes this.
  18. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

Once everyone and their uncle has scribed it .... then it may begin to show up on the broker.
  19. Prrasha Well-Known Member

It has been on the broker on Unrest, though it isn't currently (or wasn't last night). There were even 2 copies up at once for a short while!

Both of them priced at the "hm... one copy of AA11, or a couple spellshards..." level, though.
  20. Charlice Well-Known Member

Players must be buying them quickly even at that price. I'm in Australia so off peak, I check daily for lolz and I haven't seen one.
    I guess raid guilds would just need 1-2 copies of the book so the price is probably acceptable.