Mini Winter ROAD TRIP 2019

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Cyrrena, Dec 12, 2019.

1. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

got it , Gero you wore those high heels to dance :) , applauds .
    Well I do like's gentle roller coasters , but no upside down or steep drops , can't take the chance to loose that nice food .
    Just thinking about those wild coasters makes my stomach heave ,watch out below .
    sorry Leoes.
  2. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

*applauds wildly*

WooHoo Look at Gero's moves!!! I am glad someone can dance. Not only am I extremely left handed, I have two left feet!!.
  3. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

INXS? Maybe I'm not the oldest person here!
  4. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

The kind like the motion simulator 3D/4D ones such as the Minions Mayhem one we went on Schmet, you are plenty tall enough for because the car never leaves the platform, the same for Gero.

The reason I refuse to do coasters and a lot of other "thrill" rides is I was an industrious preteen and got a job at the amusement park when I was 11. By the time I was 12 I was operating rides and I used to watch maintenance work on them. These guys were great at what they did with what little they were given to do their jobs. But my issue came in that every single day prior to work, all the employees had to ride the coasters a minimum of 5 times each and the other "thrill" rides at least 3 times each. A few times they broke down sometimes when you were at the peak and you would have to climb down the framework like a monkey so that other rides could be tested while maintenance worked on the one that broke and I just began to become terrified of having to ride them and possibly scaling that framework down. So now I am phobic and refuse to ride any of those.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Breanna like this.
  5. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

No, Gero is in his 70's, so he has you beat Ttobey!!!
  6. Geroblue Well-Known Member

I'm over 70. I remember when rock and roll came in. It was country and western, then rock a billy, then rock and roll. Beatles didn't arrive in the US until I was a teenager.
  7. Geroblue Well-Known Member

I can only dance virtually. My relatives have informed me I dance so badly, people watching become ill to their stomachs.

My sneakers don't have high heels.
  8. Leloes Well-Known Member

I remember the Beatles!
  9. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Good Afternoon (I started this in the morning) ROAD TRIPPERS!!!!

Today is Tuesday but here at last is my summary for our day Sunday at Disney's Epcot Center and Universal's City Walk. I passed out last night after finishing my other summary which took me about 4 hours before I was satisfied with it. I got everybody these really cute black ball caps that say Epcot International Festival of the Holidays and have Chip and Dale on them, there are lots of extras as usual, so take a few. I also got everybody these really soft plush microfiber hoodies with your names embroidered on them, they are black, they have the Huge Epcot Dome in the background with a Christmas tree that lights up in the foreground, and Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays in the 11 languages of the World Showcase Pavillions represented at Epcot. And these 8 inch Chip and Dale plushies and this black backpack to carry all of it in. Lots of extras, so please feel free to take a couple extra. Today we are all heading back to our homes, to finish Frostfell, the ROAD TRIP has been spectacular and I will give you my summary of our last day at Universal's Island of Adventure and our final dinner together. Don't forget the Spring ROAD TRIP (by Airship) 2020 which so far will include the Caribbean, the Bahamas, Australia, New Zealand, and Europe. Please submit your requests for things you would like to see by 15 March 2020, so that I can fully research the areas so we can make the most of this trip!! The start date for the Spring ROAD TRIP (by Airship) 2020 is 25 April 2020 which is a Saturday. Again, you will use your red buttons to summon the Cabana Boys which will take you and your belonging to DBG Studios in San Diego, California which is where we will gather and board Gero's Airship to begin our ROAD TRIP. Now on to my summary for Disney's Epcot Center and Universal's City Walk in Orlando, Florida.

I am just addicted to Epcot and the Christmas/Frostfell/Holiday here is no different. I am so happy I secretly bought us all Annual Passes back during the Spring ROAD TRIP because we get gifties for having them!!!! First, they gave everybody on the ROAD TRIP an Epcot Passport it is part of the Holiday Festival at Epcot and you use it for various things. We grabbed some breakfast with Chip and Dale at the Garden Grill Restaurant and then we were off and running!!

While we were eating breakfast, I looked in the passport and noticed a Cookie Stroll. You buy a specific Cookie at 5 specific locations as you wander about Epcot and then you get a Completer Cookie for free at Holiday Sweets and Treats along with a glass of milk!!! The passport also serves as kind of a map and guide to the various World Festivals and it says Annual Passholder so you will be able to pick up your free gifties with it which are a magnet set featuring Chip and Dale, a 2019 Exclusive Epcot Festival of the World Ornament featuring Chip and Dale, and an Exclusive T-Shirt that says Passholder, Epcot 2019 Festival of the Holidays featuring Chip and Dale, they are all so cute. And if you present your passport at any shop, you will get an additional 20% off of any purchase including food, drinks, and the cookies for the Cookie Stroll.

We started out after breakfast in the World Showcase with Canada. Canada was presenting a holiday show entitled Canadian Holiday Voyageurs all day as were all the World Showcase venues. This show presented holiday customs from across the vast regions of Canada on a musical tour of the Great White North. It was very good, it was only 30 minutes long but I think all of the shows will be short so that guests can see all of them in a day. We went into the Northwest Mercantile, the shop looks like a traditional Canadian log cabin, it is also connected to The Trading Post gift shop. We looked at some traditional Canadian clothing and goods such as NHL Hockey merchandise, Canadian maple syrup, plushies, art, Canadian snacks and more. Since it is connected to The Trading Post gift shop, we wandered in there as well. The Trading Post gift shop had things like totem poles, lumberjack shirts, raccoon and rabbit hats. The main sites in the Canadian Pavilion were the Rockies, Furriers and Trappers and Indians. The landmarks we saw were Hotel du Canada, patterned after the French Gothic design of the Chateau Laurier in Ottawa. Beautiful gardens, the Rocky Mountains, and a refreshing 30-foot waterfall as well as Victoria Gardens. We made a stop at the Yukon Holiday Kitchen and purchased the Peppermint Pinwheel Cookie for our Cookie Stroll stamp in our passport, they were yummy!!!

Next we moved to the United Kingdom Pavilion. The United Kingdom Pavilion encompasses England, Scotland, Wales, and Northern Ireland. Pretty close to home for me, but I am from Southern Ireland, Dublin Proper. The architecture takes you from the streets of London to an English cottage, there are cobble-stoned streets, a quaint pub, and the scent of fish and chips in the air. The regal Hampton Court Palace is represented, as well as buildings reflecting the Tudor, Georgian, and Victorian influences that the United Kingdom is noted for and a thatched roof cottage. There are soot-stained chimneys, a wonderful gazebo, beautiful gardens and replicas of UK phone boxes. You can’t miss these bright red structures. Tucked in the back of the United Kingdom pavilion there’s a lovely English garden, topiaries, and Tigger’s Maze, and a copper-roofed gazebo. We timed our visit just right as Winnie the Pooh and Mary Poppins were visiting the area. There is the Yorkshire County Fish Shop and the Rose and Crown Dining Room if you are hungry for some British food. The shops feature the treasures of various regions of the United Kingdom. In The Toy Soldier, medieval castle playsets, swords & shields, real feather quills, and UK themed childrens' books and movies are found. This store is also the Kidcot Fun Stop for the United Kingdom. The Crown and Crest is the place to find your beer stein, glass or mug with the crest of your favorite UK country. They also offer Rose & Crown t-shirts and hats along with a great selection of Beatles merchandise (YAY for the Beatles). An array of swords, daggers, and knives are on display near the room of Family Crests. In this section of the shop, you can have your Family crest placed on a ring or plaque, or, have it embroidered and framed. Fancy Goods for Lords and Ladies offers perfume, cologne, jewelry, and body care products. The brands available include Kit Heath Celtic jewelry, Asprey of London fragrances, and Feel Good Formulas Body Care. Belleck Fine Parian China (made in Ireland) is sold in The Queen's Table. This shop also carries native music and books from Scotland, Ireland and Wales. Scottish or Welsh tartans and ties are sold here, as well as, bagpipes and the Welsh Love Spoon. The Sportsmans' Shop offers all things rugby and soccer including, clothing, balls, hats, and books. Tea lovers will not want to miss the selection of bagged and loose teas, teapots, biscuits, and candy found in The Tea Caddy, I love this shop!!! Father Christmas rings in the season, sharing the traditions of the United Kingdom and good cheer throughout the day.

I cannot detail our visit to every Pavilion or I will be here all day and night, but I do want to include our visit to the Germany Pavilion as Schmet was in heaven!!!

Our visit to the Germany Pavilion began with us entering the Pavilion to see a fountain with a statue of St. George slaying a dragon, the centerpiece of the cobblestoned German platz (plaza). I never would have guessed that this would be the centerpiece in the German Pavilion as this is traditionally an English thing and the English celebrate St. George's Day every year on 23 April and it is an official Bank Holiday. The architecture reflects a diverse cross section of German regions, from the replica of the medieval castle to the fairy tale Bavarian style buildings. The clock tower features a glockenspiel that chimes a special melody on the hour, this was gorgeous and the melody was beautiful. A miniature German village houses three model trains, these are absolutely fantastic!!! Born to Polka performs classic polka music using a broad assortment of instruments every 65 minutes, Chilli Da Mur, an accomplished German vocal group celebrates the season with folk music, pop and original songs, continually throughout the day. By the time we entered the Germany Pavilion and looked about for a bit, it was time for lunch, so, off to the Biergarten Restaurant we went. They had assorted sausages, rotisserie chicken, frankfurters, assorted salads, breads, red cabbage, wine kraut, potatoes, and spatzle. Desserts included apple strudel and German-style cheesecake. We were seated at long communal tables with other guests we did not know and while we ate they had traditional German entertainment Folk dancing, yodeling and folk music. When we were finished with lunch, it was time to shop!!! The first shop we hit was The Karamelle-Kuche shop which sells freshly made caramel corn, caramel apples, strawberries, marshmallows, gourmet caramels, cookies, brownies, fudge, and cupcakes, YUMMY!!!! They had to drag me kicking and screaming out of this shop!!! Der Teddybar is a toy shop with Steiff stuffed animals, Medieval themed toys, finger puppet theaters, and teddy bears. In the Volkskunst, you'll find beer steins of all sizes, including an Epcot limited edition stein, felt hats, cow bells, original Black Forest Cuckoo clocks, and hand painted eggs. Grimm’s Fairy Tales, Berlin Then and Now, and A 400 Year History of the Stein are just a few of the books you will encounter. Das Kaufhaus is the perfect store for soccer fans, they have soccer balls, jerseys, and other accessories. Looking for the perfect beer stein souvenir from the Germany Pavilion? Stein Haus offers an even larger selection of beer steins, themed shirts and more! If you like fine wines and spirits, you must visit the Weinkeller where you will also find German wine guides. The Sussigkeiten is the place to satisfy that sweet tooth with an assortment of homemade fudge and nut clusters, pretzels, chocolate, cookies, and Haribo brand candies, YAY, another shop they had to drag me out of kicking and screaming!!!! You can learn to cook authentic German recipes with one of the many German cookbooks found in this store. It is Christmas year round in die Weihnachts Ecke where you'll find Christmas decorations of all kinds, plus the Christmas pickle. The Kunstarbeit In Kristall offers crystal jewelry by Swarovski, Princessa Plata, and Brillanti by Crystal World. They also carry fine crystal pieces by Arribas, Arnstadt, Nachtmann, Anna Hutte and Swarovski. Glaskunst is the outdoor shop which sells Arribas glassware and they offer engraving. I am OCD about Swarovski Crystal figurines and could look at them for eons. Those poor Cabana boys really got a workout between the shops in the UK pavilion and these shops in the Germany Pavilion, I think I had a dozen of them make about 12 dozen trips each!!!!! I have more surprises for all of you!!! Before leaving the Germany Pavilion, we stopped at the Bavaria Holiday Kitchen and purchased the Linzer Cookie for our Cookie Stroll stamp in our passport.

We also got our Black and White Cookie from L’Chaim! which is between the Morocco Pavilion and the France Pavilion, our Gingerbread Cookie from The American Holiday Table in The American Adventure.

We moved on to Future World West where we went on a ride called Living with the Land. This is a boat ride and quite tame. Here is the description from the internet (I can give you more of what we saw for rides if I use the internet descriptions):

It begins with a dark video tour of a tropical rainforest, desert region and the American plains. You are then moved into the laboratory portion of the ride where you will find the following:
    The Tropical Greenhouse-Crops like rice, sugar cane, peanuts, and others are grown in the 60 ft dome greenhouse.
    •Aquacell–All about Fish-farming featuring tilapia, shrimp and more fish species. Most are served at the Coral Reef Restaurant in the Seas Pavilion.
    •Desert Greenhouse–Featuring crops grown in temperate climates. Here is where you will find a nine-pound lemon!
    •String Greenhouse-Here you will learn about vertical growing techniques. Tomatoes, Gourds and Eggplants are grown in trellises. Most exciting for kids (and kids at heart) are the cucumbers and pumpkins grown in the famous Mickey shape. The Land Pavilion’s Garden Grill and Sunshine Seasons benefit from the food grown here.
    •Creative Greenhouse–Various lettuces and herbs are grown using Aeroponics. Their roots exposed to air and a fine water mist to promote growth.

The ride is about 14 minutes long and is appropriate for all ages, there is no height restriction and is wheelchair accessible.

Next we went on the Seas with Nemo and Friends. As we entered, we heard the “Mine, Mine, Mine” seagulls from Finding Nemo and we felt as if we were in the depths of the ocean. Finally we boarded our clam shells, and made our way through the story of everyone’s favorite clownfish-Nemo. Here is the internet description:

•You begin your trip “Under the Sea” by queuing into a dark, winding line mimicking the deep seas depths. At the end of the line you will board a “Clammobile” for a gentle ride through the ocean.
    • You are on the lookout for Nemo, who has again escaped his worried father, Marlin. The ride consists of both animation and elaborate puppetry. On your ride you will see Finding Nemo favorites like Dory and Bruce, and take the East Australia Current with Crush the sea turtle.
    •Thanks to Pixar magic, at the end of your ride you will encounter the characters as they interact in the actual aquarium at the Seas with Nemo and Friends. The Clammobiles then deposit you on the “surface”, which is the Sea Lab and Aquarium exhibits.
    •The wait for the ride usually is about 10 minutes. The actual ride takes 5 minutes.
    •This ride is appropriate for all ages and their are no restrictions. You will need to board a moving clammobile, but there are special clammobiles for those in wheelchairs (you must transfer from EVC).

This was a cute little ride, the best part was the aquariums and sea labs at the end!!! All those beautiful and colorful fish.

Before leaving Future World West, we had to stop at Fountain View Ice Cream!!! The had scoops, sundaes, floats, and shakes, as well as ice cream on a stick dipped in chocolate that was shaped like Mickey, waffle cones, banana splits, and all your other Ice Cream Shop favorites. I ate a ton and got some to go!! Oh Cabana Boys!!!

Next we headed to Future World East. The first thing you see is Spaceship Earth. This is the big round ball that everybody associates with Epcot. Here is the internet description:

The ride on Spaceship Earth lasts about 16 minutes, and each vehicle holds two people. As you are climbing Spaceship Earth in your vehicle, smile! Your picture is being taken for use later in the ride. .
    •There is no height requirement for Spaceship Earth, and guests in wheelchairs or ECVs must transfer.
    •Parts of Spaceship Earth can be dark.
    •Animatronics, dioramas, and narration by Ray Bradbury make this attraction entertaining and educational.
    •Don’t forget to pose for a picture outside of Spaceship Earth!

Spaceship Earth is the quintessential Epcot ride. It encompasses everything that the Experimental Protocol Community Of Tomorrow was created to represent. This ride takes guests on a journey through the evolution of technology from the time of Hunters & Gatherers straight through today! The fun doesn’t end with the ride, as you come back down to unload you get to view a personalized video about your future and if you hang out after you exit you may just see yourself mapped out!.

Next we went to Mission: Space. I like this one because there are two options one for the non-thrill seekers and one for the thrill seekers. Here is the internet description:

Mission: Space takes you on an adventure fit for an astronaut! This is the most technologically advanced attraction at Epcot Center. The stage is set as you enter the pre show area to be prepared for your mission. After you have been prepped for take off, you can choose one of two missions-depending on your tolerance for motion. Buckle up in your rocket, and you are ready for blast off!

•There are two versions of this attraction: “Green Team” is the less intense version and “Orange Team” is the full intensity experience (during the Lunar roll sequence you will hit up to 2.5Gs of force!). If you have any hesitations about riding the orange version try the green version first!
    •You will embark on a mission with 3 other riders and each will be given a role and job to do.
    •If you opt for Green team or Single Rider you can walk right on most times of day.
    •The Orange Team experience uses a centrifuge for the spinning motion, while the Green Team does not. Choose Green Team if it is your first time riding, or if you are prone to motion sickness.
    •The height requirement for Mission: Space is 44 inches. You should be in excellent health to board the rocket!

Although this ride is prone to causing motion sickness, many guests enjoy it. It’s a “must do”, but many only do it one time. This is a realistic, and intense, simulation of a space flight. It must be realistic…because there are air sickness bags placed strategically in the rocket ship! If you are a thrill seeker, who doesn’t mind intense action, this ride is for you! You can enter the pre show area of Mission: Space without committing to riding. After the pre show, ask the Cast Member to show you the exit. Then, you can enjoy the post show activities-a space themed play area for young children, a race of the rockets, and even sending a video of yourself to a family member! I went on the Green Team and even though I do get motion sick from Vertigo, I was just fine. And Schmet, even though you are a bit under the minimum height requirement, I got special permission for you to go on the Green Team with me.

Next we went to Showcase Plaza and stopped by Feast of the Three Kings and purchased the Chocolate Crinkle Cookie for our Cookie Stroll passport stamp and then we were on to Holiday Treats and Sweets also in Showcase Plaza to claim our Completer Complimentary Santa Mickey Sugar Cookie and passport stamp!!! YAY for us and 6 yummy cookies!!!

We also had Chip and Dale's Christmas Tree Spree. We had a map and sticker set and as we traveled around the World Showcase to each Pavilion we had to seek out signs of Chip & Dale as they collect ornaments to decorate their Christmas Tree. Once we saw Chip & Dale, we added the corresponding ornament sticker to our maps. And when we spotted them all, just brought our completed maps to Disney Traders for our prizes. The prizes are a set of four exclusive holiday ornaments, one shaped like a wreath featuring Chip and Dale, one shaped like a Christmas tree featuring Mickey and Minnie, one that is a Christmas Tree that says Epcot International Festival of the Holidays 2019, and one shaped like a wreath that says Epcot International Festival of the Holidays 2019.

I got everybody these surprises *points to the table next to her* there are extras except for things that have your names embroidered on them, so please feel free to take some extras:

2019 Epcot Festival of the Holidays Cookie Jar
    2019 Epcot Festival of the Holidays Mug
    2019 Epcot Festival of the Holidays Hoodie
    Festival of the Holidays Spirit Jersey
    Christmas Loungefly Backpack
    Christmas Plushie Set which has a Gingerbread Teddybear, a tin soldier, and a Mickey shaped peppermint candy
    Uber fun light-up Mickey and Minnie Christmas sweater
    A set of 6 Deck the Halls Ornaments
    Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Ornament 2019
    Santa Mickey Loungefly Backpack
    A white ballcap that has coal eyes and a carrot nose and coal mouth, a plaid scarf, and a set of Mickey ears on it, its adorable!!!

Now we were off to Universal's City Walk!!! Since it was already late afternoon and we were getting tired, the first thing we did was to go to Hollywood Drive-In Golf, mini-golf or putt-putt golf!!! We did the 36 hole double feature!!! Here is the internet description:

Prepare yourself for an invasion of 50s sci-fi and horror flick fun throughout two interactive 18-hole mini-golf courses. Choose between The Haunting of Ghostly Greens and Invaders from Planet Putt, or play all 36 holes for a daring "double feature."

Encounter a haunted house, flying saucer, 30-foot robot, and more in quirky capers filled with ghoulish gags and interplanetary puns. Special effects and lighting make it easy to play day, evening, and even late night. And since it's located in Universal CityWalk™, it's just steps away from the rest of the action.

Next we went in to Bob Marley - A Tribute to Freedom, this is for Gero. Here is the internet description:

Cultural icon and music legend Bob Marley became the "King of Reggae" with songs of faith, hope, and rebellion that inspired audiences from the 1960s through today. Working closely with Rita Marley and the Bob Marley Foundation, we created a replica of Bob's home on 56 Hope Road in Kingston, Jamaica. Artifacts, photos, and video clips from his storied career surround you in the open-air veranda and courtyard.

This also has a Jamaican restaurant but I had already made reservations for us at Jimmy Buffet's Margaritaville. So off we went to Jimmy Buffet's Margaritaville for cocktails and dinner. Here is the internet description:

Whether you arrive by land, air, or sea, you're always welcome at this ultra-relaxed ode to island life. Unwind to the tune of live musicians playing Jimmy Buffett covers, tropical sounds, and rock hits, all while awaiting the eruption of the margarita-filled volcano at The Volcano Bar.

Inside you'll find your only worry in the world is deciding what to eat. Choose from items like Grilled Fish Tacos, a Cheeseburger in Paradise, Crispy Coconut Shrimp, key lime pie and the landmark Chocolate Hurricane dessert. And don’t forget the main event; there are 10 variations of margaritas and a host of frozen concoctions on deck.

There are tons of other food and drinks on the menu, lots of differents salads, seafood, burgers, sandwiches, steak, almost anything you want and the landmark Chocolate Hurricane dessert is chocolate brownies, shortbread cookies, vanilla ice cream, banana, whipped cream, Kit Kats, and Heath Bars served on a Lazy Susan so you can turn it around and drizzle hot fudge and hot caramel sauce to your liking as much or as little as you want over the top. It was great!!!! I had 2 of them!!!

I also had a couple of the Bahama Mamas which are Margaritaville Spiced and Coconut rums, Cruzan Aged Dark rum, creme de banana, pineapple and orange juices, grenadine, Good Stuff Maynard!!!!

After all of this it was dark so we ported to Hogsmeade Station at Universal's Island of Adventure to board the Hogwarts Express and head to King's Cross Station in London. Here is the internet description:

To ride the Hogwarts™ Express to Hogsmeade™, head to London in Universal Studios Florida™. Enter King's Cross Station and walk straight through a solid brick wall onto Platform 9 ¾™. There, a Hogwarts™ station staff member will be waiting to lead you to your passenger compartment aboard the train.

As you wind your way through the urban outskirts of London into the British countryside, keep watch outside your window. You never know who—or what—you might see flying, swooping, or lurking outside the train before alighting at Hogsmeade™ Station in Universal's Islands of Adventure™ theme park, located next door to Universal Studios Florida™.

This description is going from King's Cross Station to Hogsmeade Station, we went the opposite way so that we could see Hogwart's Castle. Here is the internet description:

The Magic of Christmas at Hogwarts Castle wraps the ancient building in the sights and sounds of the season, including a majestically-large Christmas tree, the Hogwarts ghosts singing carols, a recreation of the Yule Ball, and students riding broomsticks and creating snowmen.

It wasn't much of a descriptor as it left out that periodically snow flurries would fall during the light show and that all of the lights were set to musical scores from the Harry Potter films. The castle was gorgeous and I am happy we decided to come back here at night and see this, it really was something not to miss on our trip.

This wraps up this summary. My final summary for Monday our last day on the ROAD TRIP which we spent at Universal's Island of Adventures, I will try to get it finished this evening but this one took about 6 hours, because I write and rewrite, I have to remember to write grammatically in US English so that requires yet another rewrite. *giggles*

I hope everybody had a grand time like I did.
  10. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

Did you just cast WallofText?
    I just cast TooLongDidNotRead to counter.
  11. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

There were lots of things to see and do at Epcot and CityWalk!!!
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Breanna like this.
  12. Geroblue Well-Known Member

poem: winter approaches

[ Copyright by me. All Rights Reserved. ]
    [ but you can print out a copy for personal use. ]
    [ and since I'm retired, the bit about my boss is kinda silly at this point. ]

leaves turn colors and fall to the ground,
    not many birds left flying around.

Gone south for the winter.

Lawn mowers put away,
    seed catalogs looked at,
    into the cool nights.

Some places get snow,
    every winter,
    others get it every 10 years,
    and have no idea how to deal with it.

The sun lowers towards Southern climes,
    in the southern hemisphere,
    the night time grows longer,
    daylight dims earlier in the day.

Winter is approaching.

Halloween and Thanksgiving,
    go quickly by,
    soon it will be dark before leaving work,
    and dark upon arrival at work.

the Winter Constellations shine overhead at night,
    a miniature mirror ball,
    spins on my computer desk,
    small squares of light,
    like cloned snowflakes,
    bounce around my walls.

Coats gotten out of storage,
    see the deer forage ?

Holiday parties in the works,
    at least the Christmas songs,
    didn't go on sale in August this year.

Shoppers bustle about,
    buying goodies to share,
    hopefully something tasteful,
    I'll take chocolate please.

Toy train sets are high in price,
    mine must be worth lots by now,
    if only we had kept it.

I would take a long winter's nap,
    but I don't think my boss would,
    be too hap-py if I did that.

Soft music playing on the radio,
    I can almost hear,
    the firepace crackling,
    at the old homestead.

Happy Holidays !
  13. Breanna Well-Known Member

OMG I bet that took you hours and hours to type all that out. We had great fun though, and it sounds to me like we ate A LOT of stuff.
  14. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

o my dear lord I read that on a long winter night by the fireplace roasting chestnuts.
    and we always eat to much on those trips. ( nibbles on some melted cheese on a roasted piece of sour dough
    bread .
  15. Geroblue Well-Known Member

I think this poem didn't take long. Some it was less than an hour, some an hour or two, others off and on for days, and some were never completed.
    Cyrrena and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  16. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

I think your poem was just fine we all were talking about that short story or small book that Cyrrena wrote.
    and yea after running around in there for 2 months looking at all this wile it only took 3 days in the rest of the world
    makes me want to take a vacation in the Caribbean.
  17. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Ouchies. I guessed and guessed wrong. My sincere apologies.
  18. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Alice Kramden? ;->

Uwk
    Breanna, Cyrrena and Rosyposy like this.
  19. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

If you want ducks, I have ENTIRELY TOO MANY BLASTED "a domestic mallard" from Santa Glug this year. :mad: If I could, I'd gladly trade them ALL in for "a tundra snapper," but I can't, since that's Heirloom-Only (and I wish I could get a definite answer from Kaitheel about whether or not the Heirloom-Only stuff will be sold by the vendors the following year). :-/

Uwk
    Breanna and Cyrrena like this.
  20. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I hate 'em, too, the "real" ones, though I can handle it better the more immersive they are. For instance: can't deal with many of them at Magic Mountain; they're just bare girders and tracks and such, and I overthink the physics. No. :-/

However, at Disneyland, I can do Space Mountain and Big Thunder Railroad (while that one still existed; it's probably Uncle Palpatine's Wedgie Pants Shoppe now or something), because you can be deeply immersed in the "theme." Strangely enough, I don't like the Matterhorn for exactly that same reason; too many "wooden creaking noises, oh, oh, oh, the mine's gonna cave in while you're swinging wildly out over a drop of dozens, if not hundreds of feet! /giggle :D" Screw that. :-/

Love me some simulators, though (even if they're simulating roller coasters); my absolute favorite rides next to carousels. :) I include Soarin' Over California in that category, if they haven't changed it to Soarin' Over Old Han's Hernia Operation or something. :-/

I do envy Orlando and all its room for a true theme park in their Universal Studios; out here in California, it's still very much a working studio, so there's hardly any room at all for the tourist-y stuff. :-/

Uwk
    who is jazzed by the "wand," the treats, and the chance to show these humans what Kerra can do on the dance floor...but was confused by the whole "Did you get stuck halfway in your animagus form?" bit...
    Breanna, Cyrrena and Rosyposy like this.