Mini Winter ROAD TRIP 2019

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Cyrrena, Dec 12, 2019.

1. Geroblue Well-Known Member

You can sweat all you want to, but I prefer sweets at Alice's Restaurant. In Harmony, but not Oklahoma.
  2. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

3. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

god he has such a narrow chin and such a wide , big mouth
    and how can a guy looking so creepy sing such a beautiful song , so full of feeling
    Rosyposy, Cyrrena, Leloes and 2 others like this.
  4. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Keep in mind, Ttobe, that we do have Time Controllers...you can spend all the days of the break with us, and be back at your desk minutes later. ;->

Just tell 'em you went out for a coffee break... :D

Uwk
  5. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Is the Carousel open to be ridden? :)

Uwk
    a HUGE carousel fan (and happy to glom onto anything freely available :D) :)
    Rosyposy, Breanna and Cyrrena like this.
  6. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Got my Uwkete ears and fudge! :D

And lots and lots of other freshly made candies, soda pop in real bottles with real sugar, even smuggled leftovers from the buffet, which was awesome. ;->

Uwk
    who had to talk to the Cabana Boys and the techs in charge of the time controls to be able to get back to folks in time...and totally digging the AC/DC Suite! ;)
  7. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Dude! This is virtual; it's like calories consumed in the TARDIS: they have no effect. ;->

Uwk
  8. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

And have a daughter who looks the way Liz Tyler does? :eek:

Gotta be a changeling... ;->

Uwk
  9. Leloes Well-Known Member

Not for me! I gain weight even with virtual stuff! LOL
  10. Geroblue Well-Known Member

eki, I say eki. Chuck takes off in a space ship to the Moon.
    He goes to see Alice, you remember Alice ?
    She prefers banjo players who can play the Waltz.
    I never understood that,
    but anyways,
    your virtual calories are gone Leloes !

Here, have some more !
  11. Leloes Well-Known Member

Thanks....just what I need is more fat....virtual or otherwise....:rolleyes:
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Breanna like this.
  12. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Good Evening ROAD TRIPPERS!!!

I decided to wait until after dinner this evening to post my summary for yesterday as they sometimes take well over an hour to write and get just so before I post them and it will give me time for dinner to settle before I head back into the park.

EDIT: I apologize, it appears my ISP had a different plan for when my summary would be posted. So I will post this one as well as the summary for Sunday, December 15, a bit later this morning as my iPad doesn't interface real well with the forums.
  13. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

hmm I had a triple serving of funnel cake and some hot chocolate
    and some roasted duck ( looks around ) oops did I just eat somebodies pet or mount ?
    and to wash it all down some mulled wine . ( gets red nose like Rudolf )
    we had some snow tonight where I live. So I can find my backyard with a glowing nose .
  14. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Arrrr ! Cheesy comestibles. With some nice Mateus from Portugal.

Argh. Pirate Day be in September, but its okay, winter knows where I binter.

[ hiccup ]
  15. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

lol another port drinker nods at Gero , but port is good ( now I also got red ears. )
  16. Leloes Well-Known Member

Don't drink...anymore....but I love the smell of some drinks.....
  17. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Good Evening ROAD TRIPPERS!!!!

The ISP is stable today so I will make two summaries. One for my day at Universal Studios in Orlando, which I started right after dinner last night, and one for my day yesterday which I split between Epcot and Universal's CityWalk. Everybody that went on the Spring ROAD TRIP 2019 and the Summer ROAD TRIP 2019 knows that I am addicted to Epcot and I had Breanna, Uwk, and Schmet with me as well. I am pretty sure I saw Gero wearing his reggae wig, I thought it was Kander at first, but he was much shorter, with us as well.

Ok, first, Friday, we spent the day at Universal Studios in Orlando, Florida. We started out with breakfast with The Grinch and Friends at 8:00 am. This was hilarious. The Grinch and his friends stopped at every table in the restaurant and posed for photos and stole bacon and toast and such, which was replaced quickly by the wait staff. They performed a lot of various antics, it was a cute and fun way to start the day.

Next we went to The Wizarding World of Harry Potter Diagon Alley and London. These areas have been transformed into a Christmas Wonderland. There are wreaths on the lampposts, lights strung along the fronts of all the buildings down the street, the trees and shrubbery have all been decorated with ornaments and lights, they have snow all over the ground and intermittently there is a light snowfall all over the area. You walk along the street and suddenly snowflakes are falling on you. There are people dressed in Victorian era costumes walking along the street, carolers in the park. There is a fountain that has been decorated with garlands and trumpeting angels and lights, there is a live nativity in the park as well.

We went in to Ollivander's Wand Shop and participated in the Wand Ceremony where a magic wand selected each of us. The ceremony takes about 10 minutes and there are people dressed as what they believe an old, ancient wizard looks like, little did they know where we are from let alone what talents each of us possess and that the way we were dressed and the way we looked was not makeup and costumes. But we left with "interactive magic wands" that respond at various locations in Diagon Alley and London, as well as at areas in the Harry Potter area at Universal's Island of Adventure. And I left with enough of these "interactive magic wands" that all of you can have one or two *points to the table next to her*.

Next we went to Harry Potter and the Escape from Gringotts. We didn't know what this was, but when we entered the building, it was fabulous. There were 4 ornate crystal chandeliers with over 64,000 Swarovsky crystals on them, the walls were dripping with crystals, the entire building was gold and crystal and silver, it was bright and sparkly. But it was a 3D/4D motion effect and Roller Coaster. I do not go on Roller Coasters, so I said that I would wait in the building while anybody that was with me went on the ride and they could write a bit about the ride here. The only thing I knew about it was what the sign said was that it was under the building and was a thrill ride.

After everybody was back together, we went a bit further down the alley to Gringotts Money Exchange. When we entered, we saw a Goblin standing behind the counter, my first instinct was to put my hand on my dagger, but then I thought Frostfell, he is a Gigglegibber. You can talk to the goblin, ask him questions and see what he has to say. He is purely animatronic, so you may get a good answer, you may get nonsense, but then he is a goblin, what do you expect. The only other thing to do in this shop is to exchange US currency in $10 and $20 denominations into Gringotts Bank Notes which is the Official Currency of Diagon Alley and London and Hogsmeade at all the Universal Parks. Any of the Gringotts currency that you do not use, you may exchange back into US currency.

We walked through the San Francisco and New York Sections of the Park but we were not hungry yet. We went into the Revenge of the Mummy in the New York section, this was incredible. It looked like an authentic Egyptian Pyramid inside, with hieroglyphics on the walls, statues of cats, sphinx, gold, and more. It was another indoor 3D motion and roller coaster. Again, I do not go on Roller Coasters so I said that I would wait in this main building while any of the others went on the coaster and they could write a bit about the experience here. From the sign, I know that it is a complete roller coaster and the 3D motion simulator puts you into the Mummy movies running for your life from Imhotep.

When everybody was back, I had been studying the park map that I had brought with me and discovered we were a couple doors away from Auntie Anne's Pretzels and we just had to stop in. They had big soft pretzels. You could get original soft pretzels with just salt, plain, cinnamon/sugar, or get dipping sauces of mustard, hot mustard, hot sauce, barbecue sauce, and I think about 12 other flavors. I also got a bucket of pretzel bites to take with me. Then, we had to stop a couple doors down from there at Ben and Jerry's Ice Cream. I can never pass up ice cream. They had waffle cones, sundaes, regular cones, scoops in cups, banana splits, smoothies, shakes, sorbet, and more, all in their oddly named flavors like Cherry Garcia and Phish Food. It was great!!! We walked around the corner from down to the corner from there to a Starbuck's so the coffee lovers could get their fix!!! I just had a plain black iced tea. I love the smell of coffee, but I do not like the taste. But I did buy all of these 2.5 pound bags of dark roast, breakfast roast and Starbuck's Specialty Roast so you can all take a few of those.

Next we entered the Production Central Zone. This is my favorite, it is where the Minions live!!!! Here was a ride those of us that do not like coasters could go on, Despicable Me Minions Mayhem. This was a 3D motion simulator. You sit in a car like a roller coaster, but you never actually move from the spot that you entered the car. Our journey started in Gru's home, where we were recruited for his latest scheme, we became actual Minions. But things did't go as planned, and we were launched into an unforgettable trip through his super villain laboratory. Gru, Margo, Edith and Agnes raced along with us through every twist and turn. At the end of the ride portion there was an interactive, Minion-inspired dance party where everybody took to the floor and showed off their best moves. It was fantastic and great fun, especially for those of us that do not like actual coasters!!!

Then we decided to grab some lunch at the Monster's Café. This was a fun, themed café based on the Monsters with Mike, Skully, Roz, and the rest of the Monsters. The food was really good and the wait staff was amazing.

Next we headed to Shrek 4-D. This is not a ride per say but more of a movie with pneumatic seating. This mini movie takes place after the first Shrek and before the second. Lord Farquaad has returned (in ghostly form) to Far Far Away, he's kidnapped Princess Fiona, and Shrek and Donkey are hot on his trail. But this is no ordinary movie. We were given OgreVision glasses which allowed us to see more special effects, hear and feel through the pneumatic seating what's happening, pulling us into the story like never before. This is a multisensory movie. It was cute and fun and I adore Shrek so it was a great way to spend some time.

This brought us back around to the Hollywood Region of the Park just in time to get a nice location to view the Merry and Mayhem Holiday Parade. The Minions *squeeeeeeeee* have joined Santa Clause for Universal's Parade which goes from the Hollywood Region up into the Production Central Region by the Jaws Lagoon on through to the New York Region by the upper edge of the Jaws Lagoon and around through the New York Region on the Main Walkway, down through the Production Central Region and back into the Hollywood region where it began. There were Minions, Shrek, Donkey, Fiona, Gru, Edith, Margo, Agnes, Lord Farquaad, and others as well as characters from Madagascar. Macy's is also a contributor to the parade so Macy's balloons are in the parade as well, things like teddy bears in Christmas Stockings, Large Minions, a family of mice in a hot air balloon, there were floats with tons of different Christmas trees and lights and presents, and themes, like Shrek, Transformers, Harry Potter, Men In Black, The Simpsons, Minions. There was snow falling on the street, gingerbread cookies, elves, dancing candy canes, Minions and more Minions, and tons of lights all over the place. It was great!!!

There was much more after this but since this is just supposed to be a summary, I will end it here. And get putting my notes in order for my second summary of the day.
  18. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

I am's a good ratonga and those roller-coasterses all say's I's am to short pulls Gero aside and sees the extra tall platform shoes on his feet.
    ahhh ok well have fun .
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Cyrrena like this.
  19. Breanna Well-Known Member

I liked the Shrek movie that was amazing the way they could do that. I stayed with you because yep no roller coasters for me nope, nada, zilch, zero, none, I just ain't going to do it. :)

I loved the pretzel's though I ate a lot of the just plain ones. And you can give my portion of the Starbuck's coffee to someone else, I wouldn't even drink virtual coffee from that place :eek:
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Cyrrena like this.
  20. Geroblue Well-Known Member

I don't do roller coasters either; however, ...

( background music: 'Never tear us apart' by INXS )

A glide across the floor,
    a jump and whisper,
    my Dr. Who scarf is all the rage,
    its paterened after the one,
    Tom Baker wore.

I walk like an Egyption,
    then segue into a peppermint twist,
    all around, up and down,
    boogaloo but no achooo !

I smell chocolate !

I pick up a wand,
    and accidently point it at myself,
    lots of characters show up,
    I particularly like the talking starship,
    from days of yore.

I move the wand away,
    and point it at a lampost,
    the past fades away.

( solo bits in the above INXS song then the music fades away )