Mini Winter ROAD TRIP 2019

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Cyrrena, Dec 12, 2019.

1. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Greetings ROAD TRIPPERS!!!

Welcome to our first annual Mini Winter ROAD TRIP. I am Cyrrena, your tour guide for the virtual ROAD TRIPS. We have all the virtual currency you can spend that is accepted every place that we visit, all the food and goodies are virtual so eat all you wish as you will not gain weight or need to worry about sodium or fats, or eating poorly, everything we do is all in the spirit of good natured fun. We do these ROAD trips as a way to spend time together as a community and to "see" things virtually that we may not be able to see in real life for a myriad of reason health, financial, distance or many other reasons. Anybody and everybody is invited to join in the fun whether you roleplay or not. Dip your toes into the water with our Mini Winter ROAD TRIP 2019, you may meet some people on the server you play on that you would like to play in game with, or you may find a people on a server you would like to join if you are new or returning to the game. So, please, hop on in and participate.

The Mini Winter Road Trip will run through Monday, December 16th, and returning to your homes on Tuesday, December 17th. This entire ROAD TRIP is to experience the holidays at 3 of our favorite theme parks. And Leloes, everything is wheelchair accessible, so please feel free to come along and join the fun. I have already booked us into the Country Inn and Suites by Radisson in Atlanta, Georgia, on Thursday, December 12th. Then moving to the Bay Lake Tower at Disney's Contemporary Resort in Orlando, Florida, on Friday, December 13th for Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party. Then on Saturday, December 14th, we will be moving to the Hard Rock Hotel at Universal Orlando, Florida, the suites here are booked for Saturday, Sunday, and Monday nights. We have the park hopper passes at both Disney and Universal so you may visit any of the parks as much as you wish, during the Saturday through Monday period. Even though we will be moving to a Universal Hotel, your Disney park hopper pass will still be valid through Monday night. You do not have to start the ROAD TRIP on Thursday and you do not have to stay the entire time if you do not wish. The Cabana Boys are at your beck and call as usual with a push of your red button.

Here on the table next to me are red buttons. These red buttons summon Cabana Boys which will instantly appear wherever you are, they will either pick up items you have purchased and return them to your hotel room, or take you to your hotel room, another park, or alternatively, take you and your purchases to your home and then return you, if you wish to your hotel or any of the Disney or Universal Parks in Florida if it is Friday-Monday, today, they will return you to the hotel or park in Georgia. We have top of the line tour buses, although for this tour, we really do not need them other than for shuttle services. They have the ultimate in geekiness aboard with laptops and pcs, the highest broadband internet access available, there are also iPads, Tablets, and any other electronic device you could want, they have hot tubs, sleeping accommodations, French Maids, Chefs, think of them like a Tardis. We also have luggage haulers so if you do not wish to take your purchases home, you can have them stored in a secured luggage hauler and the Cabana boys will return you and all of your purchases to your home whenever you wish. The buses have large 4K screens all around and you can watch all released films and television shows on them or use them with the electronic devices. There are also full service bars with fully staffed mixologists and wait staff. All of our ROAD TRIPS are controlled with time delays. We can speed up or slow down time within our ROAD TRIP so that we have more time to see the things we are really enjoying. So we may spend a week in Georgia, but only a day will pass in the real world.

Today, we are going to be visiting Six Flags Over Georgia in Atlanta to see Holiday in the Park. I will do a full write up tomorrow on some of the things that we saw today. But some things that you may not want to miss are A Screampunk Christmas, A Georgia Christmas, Magic of the Season. They have a program running called Buy One Give One Holiday Bears, where for every Holiday Bear you buy, a Holiday Bear is given to a child in the Atlanta Children's Hospital. I bought 100 of them so everybody on the ROAD TRIP will have a Holiday Bear and 100 children in the Atlanta Children's Hospital will have one as well.

I have scheduled cocktail hour for 6 pm and dinner for 7 pm at the Highland Tap in Atlanta. The buses will begin shuttling people at 5:30 pm from the hotel, just use your red button. You can return to the park after dinner or you can stay in the park and eat there if you prefer. The park is open until midnight since it is a Thursday.

Alright ROAD TRIPPERS, lets get this trip underway, we are already running late, I apologize for that.
  2. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Aoooogah ! Off to a frest start !

I smell chocolate,
    Look peppermint candy !
    Roasted onions and carrots, oh my !

Bacon, steak, and seafood galore !

I like chocolate, and horse rides !
    Roller coasters don't suit me,
    I can't figure out where to put the tie !
  3. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

pushes button so hard and fast it flies of my night stand .
    Quick Prox has murder in his eyes , and ratonga on his menu.
    O no , ttobey , Prox wants to barbeque him yikes :eek: I smell roasted onions behind me.
  4. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

I'm not there sorry. Shipping new expansion soon.
  5. Breanna Well-Known Member

Nah you are here you need to take a break from all the work you've been doing. So sit back relax and enjoy the fun :) You know you want to. You can sit in the hot tub all day if you want, don't worry we won't tell Prox that you're in the hot tub, he may throw in some carrots and celery and seasoning, so we'll make sure you stay hidden.
  6. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Nooo. The onions and carrots are for the steaks from beef cattle. And shrimp. Maybe some chicken to.

I would never barbeque a ratonga.
  7. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

<3 and I would never grill a gnome ;)
  8. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Good Afternoon ROAD TRIPPERS!!!!

It is already day 2 of our Mini Winter ROAD TRIP and we are in Orlando, Florida and have checked in to the Bay Lake Tower at Disney's Contemporary Resort. We have the entire top 3 floors of suites. All of them are handicap accessible. There is transportation from this hotel via monorail or train to any of the Disney Parks or you may use the buses to take you to any of the Universal Parks or have the Cabana Boys pop you to a Universal Park via your red button. There is a welcome packet in each of your suites for the Disney Parks and for the Universal Parks along with the park hopper passes, they have lanyards on them so you can just put them on like necklaces or take the lanyards off and put them in your wallet or purse.

Yesterday was a fantastic start to our ROAD TRIP. We visited Six Flags Over Georgia to See Holiday in the Park. I have never seen this before and it was incredible.

First I went to A Christmas in Georgia. All of the building, trees, statues, fences, benches and everything in this zone was decorated with peach colored lights. The pathways are decorated with peach colored lighting as well and leads to a show theater called the Crystal Pistol which has a Christmas themed show every couple of hours daily. It was a very good show and I hope a lot of you got to see it.

Next I moved to Bugs Bunny Boomtown. This is an area for smaller kids, but hey, I love Looney Toons and they are all here. There were lots of Looney Toons characters walking about, Sylvester, Tweety, Bugs Bunny, Foghorn Leghorn, Yosemite Sam, Daffy Duck, Granny, Taz, The Red Monster, Marvin Martian, and a few more. That was the best part. There were a bunch of Looney Toons themed rides like Acme Trucking and Speedy Gonzalez Go Carts, Tweeties Tree House, they were cute, good for those that hate Coasters or just like mild rides. Lots of places to buy candy and burgers, shakes, soda, fries, hot dogs, and other stuff, and the food is pretty good. Of course I got everybody a couple of things, I will pass them out at the end of the write up. There was a shop in this area called $10 & Under which sells value items and souvenirs all under $10.

Next I moved on to the Gotham City Zone. This zone they had decorated to show how Batman celebrates Christmas. The rides and such in this area are mostly the thrill rides, like The Joker: Chaos Coaster, Batman: The Ride, Harley Quinn: Spinsanity and Mind Bender. I do not go on these types of rides, not since I worked in the amusement park eons ago, but I do love to watch them and watch the people when they enter and exit them. There was a shop in this zone called Big Top that sold candy, soda, DC Comics, souvenirs and apparel also DC Comics related.

I moved on from Gotham City to DC Superfriends. This zone is the first DC Superfriends themed zone and is decorated similar to the Gotham City Zone. It has thrill rides like Superman: Tower of Power and The Joker Funhouse Coaster, but it also has some younger child rides like Batcopters and Wonder Woman Flight School. This area also has Harley Quinn Games which is like an arcade where you can earn tickets playing games and trade the tickets in for prizes. I like the Skeeball of course!!! This area had a shop called Heroes Store which sold Super Heroes and Villians Clothing, souvenirs, and accessories. I got my youngest a Harley Quinn outfit and hair ties, since she already dresses that way at times and does her hair that way sometimes.

From here I went to A ScreamPunk Christmas. This area was decorated with snowflakes made from gears, lots of vapor, metallic Christmas trees. It was Victorian meshed with the future. It was pretty cool and gave me some really neat decorating ideas for Frostfell using Tinkerfest items. And there were Steampunk Carolers walking around the area spreading Christmas Cheer. There was a hot cocoa stand where the mugs looked like the Gnomish Mug from Tinkerfest as well and its a souvenir mug!!

Next I went to Mistletoe Mansion. You walk through an alley which is a woodland garland surround by more than 100,000 lights and dozens of mistletoes. Then when you enter the mansion, you board a boat, which takes you through a huge area of monstrous light displays and chandeliers. They are exquisitely decorated. This whole mansion will give any Norrathian Decorator a lot of ideas. They have constructed creatures and plants and trees and clocks and other objects entirely of lights and the mansion itself is dark inside so all you see are the light displays. I went through it three times as I kept seeing things I missed. I could have kept going through but there were more places to visit.

Next I went to Retro Christmas USA. This area is a tribute to Christmas past when things were simpler and is done in all red, white, and blue lights as a tribute to all veterans of US military service past and present. There is a 130 foot tall Christmas Tree in front of one of the two Roller Coasters in this area of the park. This was a very heartwarming area to see. I walked right through an arch and was at Candlelight Carousel. This Carousel was built in 1908 for the World's Fair in Chicago and is now housed here at Six Flags over Georgia. For Holiday in the Park, the Carousel is decorated with more than 94,000 lights, 1,350 feet of garland, 1,200 ornaments, and more than 200 luminaria candles. I walked around the Carousel and through another arch and was at Magic of the Season. This is a tunnel which houses a brand new Holiday light show. You walk through this tunnel which takes approximately 15 minutes and you hear various stories of Christmas being told. There are over 3 million lights in the tunnel and the patterns and colors of the lights change as the stories unfold. They do not change fast enough to require an epilepsy warning, they do not blink or flash really fast. They also transition as you walk through, you may go from large bulbs to really small bulbs, intricate patterns to simple straight lines. Its really something to see. Its a planetarium light show just in a tunnel and not on a dome.

There are more areas to explore and I could go on and on and on, but then I would miss everything today. Perhaps some others would like to chime in on things they saw. Like A Main Street Christmas, Metropolis Park, Peppermint Plaza, or any others.

Here on the table next to me, is a ball cap with 3D Looney Toons Figures on them dressed for Holiday in the Park and a Black Hoodie that Says Holiday in the Park 2019. There are lots of them so feel free to take a few.

Tonight I have scheduled cocktail hour for 6 pm and dinner for 7 pm at The Ale and Compass Restaurant. You can reach this restaurant by the Disney monorail, people movers, the hotel shuttle, your red button, or our buses which will take you there beginning at 5:30 pm. This is a restaurant in another area of the Disney parks complex.

Hope everybody is having as great of a time as I am. I even saw Ttobey giggling as he was running around Bugs Bunny Boomtown yesterday!!!!
  9. Geroblue Well-Known Member

I hates wabbits. Uh, that wasn't me, that was Yosemite Sam pretending to be Elmer Fudd.

No, really.

Why is it so hot in here ? Oh, I shoulda left the parka at home. Whew.
  10. Breanna Well-Known Member

I like the peach lights, very different, and pretty.

I love the DC area because I just love DC. I'm watching Crisis on infinite earths right now, I've watched it twice so far because I love it so much. But then we have to wait until JANUARY, to see the last 2 episodes, that just isn't right.

I loved the Looney Tunes stuff too. I grew up with all that stuff.

I'm with you on the rides. My biological mother worked at the state fair, and I went once to see her and watched them work on the rides and since then NOPE won't see me getting on any of that stuff.
  11. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

I'm surprised you didn't ride to the top and kick her out of the car!
  12. Breanna Well-Known Member

hmmmmm.....
  13. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Did I pack ttobey's parachute ? I know the rest of us have one.

Nothing up my sleeve ! 'riiip' Well, my arm is there, but no parachute.
  14. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

I love lights and here are sooooo many lights , I wished I could stay here all day , wait I can , I can stay a month if I want to .
    And when I get tired I simply push the recall that I fixed to my hotel room , and order some red wine infused cheese and some hard eggnog.
  15. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Lights abound,
    they go round and round,
    All around.

Flash and blink,
    none of them go,
    tink tink.
  16. Leloes Well-Known Member

I'm here....just quietly enjoying it all.....:D
  17. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Good Afternoon ROAD TRIPPERS!!!

Its Saturday and we are now checked in to the Hard Rock Hotel at Universal in Orlando, Florida!! We all have suites, named after different bands or stars in the Rock Genre. I booked Ttobey into the Ozzy Osbourne suite, I booked Schmet into the Slipknot Suite, Breanna has The Who Suite, Uwkete has the AC/DC Suite, Leloes has the Metallica Suite, Geroblue has the Jimi Hendrix Suite, Prox has the Black Sabbath Suite, Pixi has the Guns N' Roses Suite, Rosyposy has the Aerosmith Suite, Kaitheel has the Queen Suite, Covic has the Doors Suite, Gnobrin has the Pink Floyd Suite, Caith has the Rolling Stones Suite, Kander has the Grateful Dead Suite, Dreamweaver has the Gary Wright Suite, Gninja has the Judas Priest Suite, Pijotre has the Motorhead Suite, and I have the Dire Straits Suite. I do not remember what suites all the others have off the top of my head.

Remember, even though we are now at a Universal Hotel, we still have the park hopper passes for both Universal and Disney so you are free to jump to any park that you wish. They are all listed in your welcome packets that were in your suites at both the Disney Resort and here at the Hard Rock. Now on to a summary of yesterday's visit to Disneyworld and Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party.

Since the main event doesn't begin until 6 pm, our cocktails and dinner assignment is the Crystal Palace located on Main Street in Disney World at 6 pm, so please be there on time, I decided to just walk around and look at the décor of the park, maybe do a bit of shopping, gotta get those house items, maybe some ice cream and fudge, it is a ROAD TRIP and just have a leisurely day. The entire park is decorated with wreaths and garlands of fresh pine and red ribbons. The lampposts have wreaths and bows on them and some have presents stacked around the bases. All of the shrubbery have ornaments hanging in them and garlands of icicles, pine, ribbon, candy canes, bows, or other festive décor wrapped around them. There must be a million feet or more of garland around this park and I checked the pine garland and wreaths and they are live, they are not plastic, so they must be replacing them every few days to keep them green. It is absolutely gorgeous. I have spied a few of the Disney characters while I have been walking about looking at the décor in the various zones of the park. I saw Chip and Dale and they were so cute sporting winter scarves and Santa hats. I saw Pluto with a Santa hat and matching collar. I saw Daisy and Donald Duck, she was wearing a red and green polka dot bow and a red and greed dress and Donald was wearing a red jacket and a Santa Hat, and he had a green lapel flower.

I went into a few of the shops and they are also beautifully decorated for the holidays. I went into a shop called Big Top Souvenirs located in Fantasy Land. This shop is circus themed, they had about 25,000 lights in there and the statues of circus animals and the circus rings were decorated with holly boughs, garland, Christmas trees, and ornaments. They sold snacks, candy, zesty snacks like these garlic cheese hard mini bread sticks (they were yummy), t-shirts, sweatshirts, Micky Ears (points to her new Mickey Ears with Cyrrena embroidered on them and to the table next to her with all the Mickey Ears on it all with names of ROAD TRIPPERS embroidered on them for everybody to take with them and the 2 pound boxes of fudge for each ROAD TRIPPER on the table as well), they had glassware with the Disney Characters on them, and so much more as well as a lot of circus themed items with Disney characters on them and Dumbo characters on them. Those poor Cabana boys were coming and going like mad as I kept pressing the red button in this shop and the others I visited. I went into another shop called The Pirate's League. This shop was located in Adventureland and is of course pirate themed. This was more of a makeover shop. You could have yourself transformed into a pirate or a mermaid. Well, I already have my full Captain Jack Sparrow regalia and it looks better than what they offer and my sword is a real sword, so I just looked at what they were doing for the kids and adults in there, said "Argh me Matey's" with my thick Irish brogue and then departed with a deep flourished bow. Next I went to a shop called Crystal Arts. This shop sells porcelain and crystal. They have glassblowers that you can watch create things, its amazing. You can buy dishware, glassware, crystal tiaras, Disney characters that are handblown crystal. They sell Pave' crystal and Swarovsky crystal. They also custom engrave almost any crystal and porcelain they sell. This shop was gorgeous and they had about 20,000 Christmas lights in it and the way the lights played with the crystal was AB FAB!!!!! The Cabana Boys made a few trips here as well as I love Crystal figurines. The last shop I will mention even though I went in many more as the Cabana Boys will tell you, is The Main Street Confectionary. This is an old time Candy Store. This is not a candy store that sells the pre-packaged, full of preservatives candy. This is all made fresh daily by chocolatiers. You can watch them tempering chocolate on marble slabs through glass panels in the shop. You can buy all different types of fudge, I think I counted 58 different varieties, you can buy salt water taffy, caramels, truffles, chocolate covered raisins, about 11 different types of chocolate covered nuts, peppermint bark, almond bark, crème de mint, cherry cordials, Krispy treats shaped like Mickey, caramel apples, candy apples, lollipops, lollipops shaped like Mickey, a wide variety of hard candies like butterscotch discs, peppermint discs, cinnamon discs. You really have to go in this shop and see it for yourself, the Cabana Boys made a lot of trips backs and forth here as well. I think there were well over 100 different types of candy in this shop.

After all of this, it was finally almost 6 pm. Our cocktail and dinner assignment was the Crystal Palace. This restaurant is based upon Winnie the Pooh and the Hundred Acre Wood. It was gorgeous and the food was amazing. There were only wine and beer selections and I believe unless you go to one of the lounges that is all of the alcohol options in the Disney Parks, but that was fine, I had iced tea, since they only serve Coke products. This is more of a buffet or Charcuterie/Bakery combination, with table service. You place orders for drinks and your protein selections, and you get your bakery and vegetable selections from a buffet type area but from servers so other guests are not putting their fingers in things or coughing on it and such, much more sanitary. They also have some standard bakery items they bring to the table like dinner rolls and fresh baked white and wheat bread loaves. I am not a buffet type person but since this was not guests serving themselves and touching everything, I was alright with this and the food was really good.

After dinner, we stepped out onto Main Street USA in time to see the Once Upon A Christmastime Parade. There were dancing gingerbread men, marching toy soldiers and tons of Disney Characters walking and riding on floats waving and blowing kisses and throwing candy to the people on the street. There was even a special appearance by Santa Claus riding in to wish everyone a Merry Christmas. I did not see Santa Glug at this parade!!! The floats were decorated with Christmas trees, Snowmen and Snowwomen, Reindeer, Elves, giant candy canes, giant presents, giant ornaments, wreaths, garlands, bows, and more than 1 million twinkling Christmas lights. It was outstanding.

We had a 9 pm reservation for Minnie's Wonderful Christmastime Fireworks Dessert Party at Tomorrowland Terrace. This was a dessert buffet set up like the dinner buffet where there were servers. They had holiday-themed cupcakes, chocolate-dipped strawberries, home-made ice cream, a selection of cheeses, fresh seasonal fruits, and a variety of beverages like specialty Christmas drinks such as sparkling cider, signature lemonades, hot chocolate, coffee and tea. Everything was really yummy!!!

They had Cinderella's Castle made over to look Frozen by Queen Elsa at night. It sparkled and looked like it was covered in clear ice blocks and icicles. It was gorgeous, now to figure out how to make one in Norrath!!!! The entire park was lit up with Christmas Lights, after dark, all the trees, shrubbery, gardens, paths, benches, lightposts, buildings, everything, there were at least 5 million lights in the park, and if you count the adjoining parks, they could easily hit 1 billion lights. Of course, all of the rides and shops are open at night, so after our dinner, dessert, and the parade, we were free to walk around the park, which was not nearly as crowded as this was a reservations only event and limited availability, or we could go to our hotel or to any other park we wished to go to. I stayed at Disneyworld, I went on Pirate's of the Caribbean, Its a Small World, Splash Mountain and a few of the other attractions. I stayed until the park closed at 1 am.

That is my summary of our day/night yesterday. If anybody would like to add what they saw or did, please feel free. Please do not forget to take your Mickey ears and fudge, there are extra unmonogrammed ears and extra boxes of fudge so take as many of those as you would like.

Tomorrow, my summary of our day today, at least my day today at Universal Studios Orlando. Lets get out there ROAD TRIPPERS and show these people how Norrathians ROAD TRIP!!!!!
  18. Breanna Well-Known Member

O O O O you said chocolate covered Strawberries, I'm in!!!!!!! Not sure if you noticed or not but I was sneaking around behind you. So everytime you sent the cabana boys back with a load I loaded them with a bunch more stuff too. Especially from the glass store, that was realy beyond beautiful in there. I am glad the cabana boys took great care as to not break any of the glass things I bought.
  19. Leloes Well-Known Member

Oooohhhh....how did you know I love Metallica? I may have to pass on the sweats...getting a bit too fat...the time of year ya know..welll maybe one would be okay...or maybe two...or....
  20. Geroblue Well-Known Member

You see Gero wander by. He is mostly covered with Christmas tree lights. He isn't certain how they got there. Some lit up, some blink, and some glow steady. And some are not shining up at all.

Jimi Hendrix Room. I thought it was the Jefferson Airplane room. Well, they wont sleep tonight I don't think.

Whew. Go to my room, Take a nap, and untangle these lights. Some aren't electric.

Ack.