Fixed Internally Mini-map Suddenly Popping Up

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Vexil, Dec 13, 2021.

1. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Hmm! Where? Under Options, or Alt+O? :)

Still doesn't get rid of the stupid mini-map... X-P

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  2. Twyla Well-Known Member

Sorry, my bad. It is under options not character. Advanced and I think it's the last thing on there - disable tool tips if memory serves.
    Breanna and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  3. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Ah! Okay, thanks; I'll look again. :)

But it sounds like they "fixed" it so the question mark didn't refer to /claim needs any more... X-P

Uwk
    who still wants an option to actually turn the dang mini-map thing OFF and keep it off >:-/
    Breanna and Twyla like this.
  4. Tkia Well-Known Member

Uwk, we keep telling you there is one and it's working for most of us. They even added an additional qulification to it which, granted, did need a fix, but that all works now so I've no idea what's going on on your system. :(
    Twyla and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  5. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Me neither, frankly. Refresh my memory: what are the exact steps I have to do to ensure this thing never, ever rears its ugly head on my screen any more? >:-/

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  6. Tkia Well-Known Member

I'm not in game anymore but the location in options was detailed back up the thread somewhere and there's also a setting on the main map right click options.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Twyla like this.
  7. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Ah...

Alt+O, Advanced.

User Interface->Map Window->New Map System checked->Show Mini Map UNCHECKED.

Mini Map ignoring said instructions and showing up incessantly. Hence, Bug.

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  8. Ratalthor Developer

Reopening to investigate Uwkete-of-Crushbone's comments.
  9. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

If I could tell what specifically I was doing to spark it, so to speak, I'd be the first one saying, "Folks, don't do this! O devs, this is where it's happening; pounce! :D" but it seemed with my newb, at least, it was any time something changed, even in what I'd consider a minor way: zoning, hailing an NPC, etc. At the time, my "baby" toon (below 20th level) was in the Nursery of Greater Faydark, but I just noticed it happening again last night on my more "veteran" toons when we'd finish up the lighting fireworks quest in any of those city zones. :-/

Are you sure there isn't some li'l thing in a user-accessible game file, some 1 we can change to a 0, to shut it off? I'm not asking to eliminate that line(s) of code, since some folks like the mini-map, but just something we can do to keep it off the screens of those that don't? :-/

Uwk
    Twyla and Breanna like this.
  10. Thordalf Developer

I believe I found the issue. Fix will hopefully be in next update.
    Twyla and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  11. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Woo-hoo! Crossing kitteh fingers for success! :D

Uwk
    Twyla likes this.
  12. Ratalthor Developer

Is anybody still encountering this issue?
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Twyla like this.
  13. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

So far, so good! :D

Uwk
    who's hoping it hasn't just been jinxed... X-P
    Breanna and Twyla like this.