Fixed Internally Mini-map Suddenly Popping Up

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Vexil, Dec 13, 2021.

1. Vexil Member

The mini-map is popping up all the time on my characters suddenly. Even though it's unchecked in settings, every time I login or compete actions it pops up. It just started doing it a couple days ago.
  2. Taled Well-Known Member

This may be an unintended side effect of the new 'You have items to /claim!' green exclamation clickie on the minimap. Out of curiosity, have you claimed everything in your /claim, or do you have stuff sitting in there?
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Ephras like this.
  3. Zylara Well-Known Member

Yeah this is because theres stuff to be claimed on peoples accounts and I personally would like a way to get it to stop w/o having to claim everything....Ive left stuff unclaimed for yrs on purpose (like houses etc) and would like to not have to deal with a popup just because I choose not to claim my items
  4. Miragian Well-Known Member

Not exactly a bug but, I agree it needs to change. It should be a maybe once a month reminder thing. I have what, 10+ years of stuff that I am not sure what I want to do with in there. It can stay there for now. Since many of the items are one per account, I don't want to make a decision on them.
    Juraiya, Rosyposy, Rattophaxe and 3 others like this.
  5. Tkoss Member

would be nice to have a toggle for this, no way im claiming all the stuff from the start of eq2 on all my characters ... , or maby they can give us larger bags to hold it all ( hint hint )
  6. Ephras Active Member

Please turn off the mini map. It's annowing.
  7. Vexil Member

Thanks for the responses. Yes it probably is the unclaimed items. Like others, I don't see me claiming all of them. Very annoying.
  8. Twyla Well-Known Member

Yes, it's the unclaimed items. Unfortunately for me the majority of my unclaimed items are level boost tokens. Nice, I've used them before and was able to claim the gifts and destroy the level bump token (can't do that anymore) ... but all my chars are already level 120, some are above. So that means I get to see/ignore the blinking question mark forever. Unless, and this is just a suggestion, they make them able to be destroyed (like the ascension ones are now).
  9. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

There's supposed to be a toggle for this, under Options (probably Advanced). Tried it; didn't work. X-P

I've since gone on to just trying right-click->Close; so far, I don't THINK they've popped up again, but I have -- quite a few toons, and I might not have gotten to all of them yet with that solution.

But yeah, it's really, really, quite festeringly annoying. :mad:

Uwk
    Juraiya, Rosyposy and Breanna like this.
  10. Svenone Well-Known Member

I have had issues when the mini-map is not visible, so just leave it on but as small as I can make it. I also wish that both maps started at max zoom of the map (not the window size!) - the default zoom setting is almost never useful (to me, at least).
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  11. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Nope, Close doesn't always work...in fact, it rarely works. X-P

Is there any way we can delve deeply into the Game Registry or something, like we can when we get tired of the Chat window denying us the ability to go into the /Evil_Traders channel (especially when we're not on an Evil toon...), and set the stupid thing to 0 or No or whatever we have to do to kill it? I know there are people who actually like the stupid thing; I am not among them and want it GONE.

Uwk
  12. Ratalthor Developer

This should be fixed in the next game update.
    Rosyposy, Beee, Ephras and 2 others like this.
  13. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Still popping up; the "lovely Ctrl+M fix" ain't fixing anything.

Can't those of us who wish to, just opt to shut the stupid thing off forever, please? Pretty please? Isn't there something, somewhere, we can just say "no" to [or "off" or "0" or "1" or "TRUE" or "FALSE" or whatever]? :-/

If not, why not?

If there was before and there isn't now, then someone broke something, somewhere, and I for one want that ability back again. I'm not looking to lay blame, no one needs to "fess up" about it, I just want the ability to get that damned thing off my screen.

Please. You can even just PM me if you want. :-/

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  14. Taled Well-Known Member

He said it'll be fixed in the next game update, I don't think they can do anything else in the meantime unfortunately - Otherwise I'm sure they'd update it.
  15. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Didn't we already have a few updates since, or was that referring to an actual GU? :-/

Uwk
    still wondering why they just can't tell us what to turn off on our own...
    Emereldas and Breanna like this.
  16. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

FYI: STILL NOT FIXED.

May have broken again after today's unexpected downtime, but every time I zone, now, it pops up again. :mad:

Can't we just have the steps necessary to shut the damn thing off, please, once and for all? I'm sure the folks who actually want it will appreciate it popping up near-constantly... X-P

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  17. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Okay, it's actually gotten WORSE. It pops up now like every time I close a window on my screen, overlaying all other windows. >:-/

And it came up again when I did /claim to get a Familiar...and a Veteran's Mount, the one where you choose which elemental disc you want. X-P

Enough is enough. Please give us an option to remove or just shut off this thing from our game via the game files, please. Other ways aren't working.

Uwk
    Rosyposy likes this.
  18. Ratalthor Developer

Is anybody still affected by the issue using custom UI?
  19. Rattophaxe Well-Known Member

Well I use darqUI, but I am actually wondering what all the fuss is about. My mini-map gets its clock replaced by a green question mark every once in a while -- big deal. I don't mind getting intermittent reminders that I've got stuff unclaimed -- who knows, maybe one of my toons will suddenly need a bonsai pot! Or some Vacrul furniture... now there's a thought.... :rolleyes:
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Twyla like this.
  20. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

What about those of us who hate having the bloody thing pop up (no, I don't use any custom UIs) regardless of whether or not we ever want to see it, clock/question mark/etc. or no clock/question mark/etc.? Can't we just eliminate it in some file or other (and yes, even if I have to do it in a separate file for each of my 120+ toons, it will be more than worth it, if that works)? Will that destroy Norrath? :-/

Uwk
    who has a perfectly fine clock thingee that comes with the game; it's a li'l (smaller than the "Mini"-Map) blue and gold squarish rectangle depicting either the sun or moon, depending on the time of day on Norrath, and an Earth/Norrath time display...oh, and a real, large Map that comes up when I hit the M key