Mini FALL ROAD TRIP 2019

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Cyrrena, Oct 28, 2019.

1. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Good Afternoon ROAD TRIPPERS!!!

Its been busy already and I didn't want to miss a thing so I have been waiting to write the update until we stopped for lunch. With the time delays, we are only sitting at noon right now and have settled at The Pit Room in Houston for Lunch. I ordered BBQ Brisket so while we are waiting on our food to arrive, I figured I would write a summary of our adventures so far.

The Moody Gardens and Aquarium in Galveston was gorgeous. They had a 2-story Scale Model Oil Production Rig Platform Aquarium, I have never seen anything like that. They have 3 different penguin exhibits, I love penguins!!! Ttobey, we need a penguin mount!!! There was a jellyfish gallery with jellyfish free swimming among a coral reef. A mangrove lagoon exhibit that had stingrays and Bonnethead sharks!!! A Caribbean exhibit with a Pirate shipwreck. Sharks, stingrays and other tropical fish swim all around you as you walk through a tunnel in this one million-gallon exhibit which features The Pride, a replica of Galveston’s own pirate, Jean Lafitte’s 19th century rum-runner. We could have spent an entire day just at this aquarium which is just one section of an entire amusement park.

The Historic Ports, Pirates, and Architecture tour herded us all onto their bus and drove us around the docks and gave us the history of various parts of the port. Including where the rum runners and Pirate Jean Lafitte held a tight fist on Galveston's rum trade. They showed us some of the 19th century buildings that are still in use, some fully restored 19th and 20th century buildings that surround the port where sailors and pirates alike did business nefarious or legal. They showed us where a fire, believed to be started by some drunken pirates nearly destroyed Galveston in the mid 1800s. It was quite the history lesson in just an hour.

The Historic Galveston Ghost Tour, was pretty spooky. Since we took the final tour of the day, it was getting dark and our tour guide looked like he was either on his last legs or had recently passed. He was dressed in a waist coat with tails and a top hat, really not suitable for walking, but he made the journey. He walked us around downtown Galveston for about 90 minutes covering about a mile and a half. He stopped quite frequently and told us stories about happenings and sightings in various buildings along the route. I could not give descriptors as good as the tours website so I thought I would just post something from their site:

So you want to see some ghosts? Welcome to Historic Galveston Ghost Tours…the most haunted place in America. A cemetery as big as the island with a beach attached. 10,000 souls lost their lives in one night and they’re all still here dyeing to meet you. Filled with horror, Galveston’s Ghost history is unmatched with episodes of murder, suicide, cannibalism, pirates, ghosts and visions that will plague your very soul. Unworldly visions that cannot be rationally explained. The stories that you’ll hear as we venture on our 1½ hour walking Ghost Tour, past the gilded mansions and palaces are only whispered about on Galveston. People here are too afraid to open a dialog with the dead… afraid to unlock the gates of hell. We’ll unravel the horrible, scary secrets that lurk inside the ghost sanctuaries… secrets kept for the past 150 years! We have researched stacks of photographs and letters from those who won’t stay dead! We dive warily into the haunted past and uncover the reasons why this unstoppable paranormal force still grips the island. Bring your garlic, crosses and silver bullets as we descend into the ghost hunt darkness. This Ghost tour is for believers and nonbelievers alike. You’ll turn from skeptic to ghost hunter and learn about Galveston’s unparalleled and fascinating paranormal history along way. This tour is appropriate for all ages. But beware, you may have to run fast……... very fast to escape the clutches of the ghosts.

So far today, we visited the Houston Zoo. This zoo has a large endangered species conservation and breeding program and you all know how much I support those. There is a brand new baby giraffe, it was born on October 2nd, its so adorable. It took an instant liking to Ttobey and started licking him all over. They have a giant armadillo breeding program, which is one of the only programs of its kind in the world. The have jaguars, lions, cougars, and other large cats, orangutans, chimpanzees, white faced Saki monkey, Siamang, gorillas, tamarins, capybaras, lemurs, meerkat, alligators, many exotic birds, bald eagles, rhinos, snakes, and so many other animals. They are a zoo that creates habitats that closely resemble natural habitats so the animals are not sitting in cages or concrete paddocks. I could spend a lifetime watching the animals, its probably why I am a Wood Elf.

The Houston Museum of Natural Science was AB FAB!!! We actually visited at a very good time, they have some very unique special exhibits on display and they are right up our alley. First, was a special exhibit entitled The Art of The Brick, the Worlds Most Elaborate Display of Lego Art. The artist on this creates his own pieces such as a waist up bust of a human in yellow Legos tearing open their chest and yellow Legos spilling out, he also reproduces masterpieces such as Van Gogh's Starry Night and Da Vinci's Mona Lisa with nothing except Legos.

Second was a special exhibit entitled Death by Natural Causes. This exhibit shows people the range of “animal, vegetable and mineral” dangers that lurk in our everyday lives. Through a collection of specimens, text and interactive displays, we were able to see what can cause a death, either directly or indirectly, from the natural world. Poisonous, venomous and toxic were clarified, and things we interact with almost daily were used as examples such mushrooms, snakes, spiders and even common foods! Old wives tales and urban myths were debunked, as we went through five areas of visual displays and surprising specimens.

Third was a special exhibit entitled "Moon". This sculpture features 120 dpi detailed NASA imagery of the moon’s surface, using projection mapping. Lunar features, such as Tycho, Apollo 11’s landing spot and even the elusive “dark side of the moon” are displayed in very high resolution on this unique sculpture. At an approximate 23 feet in diameter and an approximate scale of 1:500,000, each inch of the internally lit spherical sculpture represents 8 miles of the moon’s surface. This was an incredible sight to behold.

Fourth was a special exhibit entitled Stonehenge: Ancient Mysteries and Modern Discoveries. This exhibit housed 300 original artifacts (150 of which have never traveled outside Europe) from Shonehenge. There were multiple interactive displays where we learned what 20 years of groundbreaking scientific research has revealed. This exhibit and the interactive displays are presented by World-renowned archaeologist, Mike Parker Pearson, he is a tour guide of sorts as we looked beyond the mystery and dug into the definitive details that have eluded the world for over 5,000 years. This was a very impressive collection of artifacts and some very unique theories.

We also watched the Star Shows at the Burke Baker Planetarium. I adore the Planetariums, I could stay there for a week as well. We visited George Observatory, they have a 14" Cassegrain Telescope that is completely computerized, an 18" Newtonian Reflecting Telescope, and a 36" Ritchey-Chretien Refracting Telescope with a 6" and an 11" side mount refractors. These are fantastic telescopes. The Ritchey will allow you to see into deep space and it has coma correction so its crystal clear.

We also visited the Cockrell Butterfly Center. This is an amazing place. There is a Rain Forest Conservatory with a 50 foot waterfall!!! An entomology hall, which has a floor dedicated to arthropods such as crickets, wasps, cockroaches, and ants. There is also what they call Chrysalis Corner where you can watch various species of butterflies emerge from their chrysalis and unfold their wings to dry. They have an insect vending machine, ewwww. They have many preserved insects in jars and on pin boards. They have a cenote pool, a large area with various species of worms. Its very interesting if you like bugs. Which I do not.

This afternoon, after lunch, we will be heading to the Houston Space Center so I will be doing a summary of that later tonight or tomorrow. Don't forget, tomorrow we will be in San Antonio for the Halloween Bash at Six Flags Fiesta. You can dress in an illusion or just be your Norrathian self!!!

I have scheduled cocktail hour for 6 pm and dinner for 7 pm at the Taste of Texas Restaurant here in Houston.

Tomorrow its off to San Antonio, where we will be checking into the Omni La Mansión del Rio.

Lets have a great afternoon at Houston Space Center!!!!
  2. Breanna Well-Known Member

Loved, loved, loved the ghost tour. The hardest thing today though was trying to keep Uwk out of the fish tanks.
  3. Geroblue Well-Known Member

BBQ brisquet ? MMMMMM. Unsweet tea and fries. Ahhh. Ambrosia !

Ghosts !
    Who ya gonna call ?
    Ghostbusters !
    Neither are getting my Bar-be-que !
    No way !
  4. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Good Afternoon ROAD TRIPPERS!!!

It was a fantastic afternoon yesterday at the Houston Space Center. The Starship Gallery was awesome. It houses ships from the Gemini, Mercury and Apollo Eras. Some of the ships housed here are the Apollo 17 Command Module (the final Apollo Command Module to reenter Earth's atmosphere and touchdown in the ocean), Mercury Faith 7 (the final Mercury Capsule to go into Space), the Gemini V, and the Lunar Module LTA-8.
    There are many more displays in this gallery but these were the highlights, for me at least!!!

Next was the Astronaut Gallery. This gallery houses the Spacesuits and apparel worn by astronauts in space flight from all eras including the shuttle era. There are suits for outside of the craft working on the shuttle, walking on the moon's surface, and inside the space station, inside the orbiters and more. There is also a portrait wall with a brief biography underneath a photo of every astronaut in the Space Program.

Next was Independence Plaza. Independence Plaza has a Boeing NASA 905 Shuttle Carrier with a full size replica of Shuttle Independence Mounted on top of it. We were able to tour the interior of Shuttle Independence and then explore the interior of the Boeing NASA 905 Shuttle Carrier. This is a massive airplane and when you see the plane with the shuttle on top you feel very insignificant due to the sheer size. There are many exhibits in this area that explore problem-solving concepts, possible career paths in science, technology, engineering and mathematics; and examples of innovation from the shuttle era as well as many interactive displays.

This was a great afternoon, I could have spent the rest of my life here. I got all of you a little something to remember our afternoon by, points to the table loaded with NASA Vector Sling Backpacks. Each Backpack has the following items in them (its a good thing they are like a Tardis):

Its Not Rocket Science T-Shirt
    NASA Black Cap
    NASA Glow in the Dark Sweatshirt
    Astronaut Bear Plushie
    Astronaut Monkey Plushie
    Earth Plushie
    Venus Plushie
    Moon Plushie
    Sun Plushie
    Mars Plushie
    Jupiter Plushie
    Saturn Plushie
    Mercury Plushie
    Neptune Plushie
    Pluto Plushie
    NASA 50 Year Anniversary Coffee Mug
    NASA 50 Year Anniversary -Spaceman-Conquer The Moon Collectible numbered limited edition

Today we are at Six Flags Fiesta in San Antonio all day. The Park closes at 2 am. We are already checked into Omni La Mansión del Rio. So whenever you are ready to leave the park, you can use your red button to summon the Cabana Boys and they will take you back to the resort. Your admission bracelet is good until the park closes so you can leave and re-enter if you wish.

I have booked us a section for dinner at 6 pm at Johnny Rocket's in the Fiesta Bay Boardwalk Section of the park.

I hope everybody has a great time today and tonight here at Six Flags Fiesta. The Cabana Boys are here so you can have them take your NASA Vector Sling Backpacks back to your rooms so you do not have to haul them around. We can get new backpacks or bags here at the park to hold our shopping and remember, the red button summons the Cabana Boys to take you and/or your purchases back to your room at the hotel whenever you wish.

Tomorrow, we will be porting to Dallas and checking into the Fairmont Dallas Resort. Then we will be going to Six Flags over Texas!!!
  5. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

o goody I missed the bus or what ever we are using runns over to the test server and put's on her dragon skin .
    grabs big basket to put stuff into and flies of .
    Thanks for this new mount ttobey

It's not like I was not busy trying to level just got KoS on Kaladim and I am still testing so breaths hard .
    oh yesh and ttobey we already took you to Wiliamsburg on our summer road trip you seamed to like the food .
    and the broom making must have left an impression on you ttobey helped you to make this great broom move.

good the time warp worked I was catapulted back one day and got to see some of the spooky stuff
    ( I saw ttobey shiver in his little boots ) ehehe .
  6. Breanna Well-Known Member

O yes I want all the plushies yea! Hey can we get a plushie of Ttobey too?
  7. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

Oh yes. A plushie of me is sitting in the bus smiling, smiling and nodding and KAAAAABOOOOOM the plushy explodes in a flurry of tentacles! It's THE KRAKEN!!!!!
    and I got nothing else except I win in the end.
  8. Rhodris EQ2Wire Ninja

I think you've finally drunk the Kool-Aid, ttobey.....uh-huh...yup, yup...
  9. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

o leave him alone he is homesick for his cubical and he itches to get to work on this new mount , I bet it's cool even if it's not on our list .
  10. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Dude! Tell me you have shuttlecraft, at least? Park it in geosynchronous orbit! :-/

Uwk
    Cyrrena, Rosyposy and Breanna like this.
  11. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Wasn't my fault, the octopodes kept reaching out and dragging me in...yeah, that's the ticket... /whistling_innocently

Uwk
    looking for souvenir hats... ;->
    Cyrrena, Rosyposy and Breanna like this.
  12. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

MMM! Calamari! :D

Uwk
    Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  13. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

no remember hes your friend he won't hurt us anyway :D sorry kraken buddy that I ate one of your dangles tips.
  14. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Oh, right! The bartender! :-/

Sorry, bud, was just kidding. ;->

Uwk
    Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  15. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Those things are expensive... I could fold the ship up and put it in my backpack. But it doesn't like that so I refrain. Breathing vacuum is not good for my health.
  16. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Backups reloaded. Ttobey's plushie is rendered harmless. Well, mostly.
  17. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Good Afternoon ROAD TRIPPERS!!

It was a fantastic day and night yesterday at Six Flags Fiesta in San Antonio. I stayed the entire time, got back to the hotel just after 2 am!!!

How did everybody like those creepy Infected walking all over the park after 7:30 pm? If they touched you, you became infected as well. If you went into the Rockville area of the park, there was a crashed spaceship with pods all over the place and that was were the Infected were coming from. *shudders*

There was a concert in the Zargoza Theater called House of Bones II. Its a VooDoo Setting and the music was fantastic. I hope all of you were able to catch the shows. They set the scene that you enter the theater and fall under the spell of the VooDoo Queen and then the music starts. It was really good.

There was another Rock Concert themed event in Lonestar Lil's Ampitheater called Monster Mash Bash. It started at 10 pm, so if you were not there late, you probably missed it. This was a circus themed Rock Concert with singers and dancers, stilt walkers, pyrotechnics, a freak show, and special effects with a Psycho Circus theme. It was outstanding!!

There was another musical show in Club Ded called Monsters in Paradise. This one featured all the classic monsters, Dracula, Frankenstein, Bride of Frankenstein, Vampira, Wolfman, the Mummy, and a Witch doing spoofs of classic songs like Love Potion Number 9, The Vacation Song, My Hump, and more, with a theme of the monsters needs some R & R, so they are on vacation. This one was very good and cute as well.

The Buried Alive Haunted House was probably one of the most terrifying things I have been to. I cannot adequately describe it, so I will post a description I found online:

Something sinister is underway deep within the quarry.

How deep will you venture into the mines to discover their secrets?

In the heart of the old west lies an abandoned entrance to an old coal mine. Enter at your own risk and uncover the eerie tunnels and passageways long forgotten beneath Crackaxle Canyon. As you descend into the bowels of the abandoned mine via a rusty, corroded elevator shaft, your mistake becomes all-too apparent. A complete colony of the undead beckons you through the labyrinth of catacombs to discover skeleton ghosts of miners that ventured before you. Take a ride on the carousel of the impaled, or step cautiously through the hall of maggots before witnessing the evening finale, a bizarre satanic ritual at the skeleton alter. Located just across from the epic Iron Rattler, fabled to house a monster within its quarry mine walls.

The next one I went to was Blood Bayou and was almost as terrifying as the Buried Alive Haunted House, here is the description I found online for it:

Few places are as dark and sinister as the infamous Blood Bayou.

Are you brave enough to uncover the truth behind the creatures of Blood Bayou?

Blüd Bayou State Park first began as a small family owned camp area where hikers, campers, and fishermen could enjoy a day in the woods. After stumbling across a cemetery tucked deep in the woods, the Blüd family quickly realized that they were never welcomed on this land. Shortly after the cemetery was uncovered, park visitors began to go missing. Campers would vanish, often without a trace, leaving the park rangers to discover trails of blood and gruesome camp scenes weeks later. Soon the Park Rangers that protected the area realized that they were never the ones protecting the park but were merely prey among the mysterious creatures of Blüd Bayou. As more people begin to disappear, fear within the community only increased. Search parties were formed and they too made their way through the park. As legend has it, those people found the cemetery and saw their own names appear on the graves. They were never seen or heard of again which is why we now call it the Blood Bayou.

The myth is real and so is the fear.

The next one I visited was Midnight Museum of the Macabre! This one was in the Spassburg area of the park. The sign said it was established back at the turn-of-the-century, it is a museum of morbid collections and has numerous unique curiosities and cursed artifacts, and that it has been closed for decades. There are a hundreds of items from past sideshows and gruesome exhibits, there are ghoulish previous residents that are looking for new oddities to add to their fiendish collections of creepiness. *shudders*

These were only a handful of the Haunted Attractions, it would take me about 4 more hours to list all of them. I wanted to list some of the haunted zones as well before signing off as I don't want to miss anything during our visit to Six Flags over Texas in Dallas today!!!!

Anybody that ventured into the Fiesta Bay Boardwalk after 7:30 pm would have experienced Circus Berzerkus. We were there as we were having dinner at Johnny Rockets. This is the most demented carnival of horrors on Earth there were deranged clowns, sinister freaks, and creatures tormenting any living soul that wandered through. There were Dark illusions that resided in the fallen big top. I already did not like clowns and Circus stuff, this just cemented my dislike even further. I put my stubbornness in full gear and marched my way through all of it because I was not going to miss any of it, but it was not something I would like to see again any time soon!!

Next was Aftermath. Aftermath is located near the waterfalls, in the stretch of land between Crackaxle Canyon and Spassburg areas of the park. This area is walking through a post-apocalyptic world of destruction. Aftermath may look like home, but it is not welcoming by any means. We walked through a hazy, burned-out environment that is unforgiving and wrathful, it reminded me of Jarsath Wastes. Human-like creatures roam this desolate landscape in search of any sustenance to survive. The only thing I was thinking of was how to get out of there before we died from foul air.

I then found Wicked Hollow. This land has been plagued by a deadly and mysterious curse. I cannot describe this one either so here is what I found online:

This cursed wasteland allows the unsuspecting to enter a Pandora's Box of secret rituals and disturbing clairvoyant traditions known only to those in the mysterious gypsy world. Wicked Hollow is home to an evil curse left behind by a scorned gypsy bandolier. A hex buried deep within ancient burial grounds has left this once rich with life forest with nothing but death and blood-curdling screams. Maniacal wolves and witches fill the paths to destruction where deranged puppets hypnotize you to your ill-fated demise. Nothing is as it seems within Wicked Hollow. Listen for the whistles in the wind, but don't you dare whistle back.

It reminded me a lot of Loping Plains!!!

The last zone I will summarize is Soul Harvest. This is located in Texas State Square. It looks like an abandoned, dilapidated farm, like in Rivervale where the fields and the scarecrows are. It appears to be out in the middle of nowhere, but there are tons of people there and its a full moon. You can feel there is something nefarious and sinister in the air but you do not know what and you can only see others like yourself, or the "normal" people. What is going to happen here?

I wore the illusion that looked like the Strange Cabbage to the park yesterday but I bought a ton of goodies and the Cabana Boys were back and forth, back and forth. I will pass out the goodies I got for all of you on Friday along with the goodies I have gotten so far today!!!!

We will be staying in Dallas Friday night as well, as we will be visiting the Munster Mansion in Waxahacie from Schmet's list and a few other things in the area.

Have a great time everybody, that is what this is all about!!!!!!!!!!!!
  18. Breanna Well-Known Member

It was a great time, I had a blast :D
  19. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

my little feet hurt from walking ( running ) so much
    When's I's saw the space ship I's first thought it's Gero's but I 's don't think's hes infected ( eyes Geroblue sideways )

wakes up screaming :eek: I's think's I 's need some nice calm stuff to looks at or all my hair will turn white and fall out .
    than I can go as naked mole rat , now that would be scary
  20. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Its a very Nice Starship. Its not infected, it has its shots updated regularly.

Its now All Hallows Day, I think.

Got below freezing here, and there, and lots of places, over night.

But there were no English Kha-nigets about that I saw.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Rosyposy like this.