mini bard buffs

Discussion in 'Dirge' started by ARCHIVED-eqaddictedfool, Apr 8, 2009.

1. ARCHIVED-eqaddictedfool Guest

Don't get me wrong I love being a bard but I am kind of tired of seeing mana regen with more mana added to it. Random aa that beefs of random stats. More and more it seems we are becoming rogues with buffs it would seem the stuff we do is more about our own dps increases. so here is my proposal.
    I would like to see some mini buffs. and by this I mean a spell or attack that can add a small buff maybe 10-20 seconds to the group members. It gives the bard an area to shine as a well played bard would know when to time one of these to work well with group members for a super execute from an assassin or perhaps giant mob a is about to unleash a large aoe and 2 seconds before you fly in with an attack that prevents it for the group.
    So what do you think of this idea? Good bad? What would you add to this or take away from it? what kind of spells would you like to see. And do we have to give it to the troubs? (the answer is not until they stop complaining)
  2. ARCHIVED-GangleG Guest

No thanks. We have enough "mini buffs" to worry about; gravitas, cob, rezzing.
    And we do have AoE avoid, it's called bladedance.
  3. ARCHIVED-firza Guest

GangleG wrote:
    cob is a pain cause it always has to be up.

Gravitas is situational. I myself would like more "emergency" type situational short term buffs. Maybe even some that exclude eachother so that we get more options of what to do when. (for exemple, when gravitas is up, you can not cast gravitesus which is a short term buff that buffs the agro mannagement of a tank...or whatever)

The more I have to think during a fight, the happier I am.
  4. ARCHIVED-thecynic315 Guest

GangleG wrote:
    3 things to worry about at level 80 is too much?

I guess EQ2's version of a Bard is perfect for you then, but you may want to get into the Next beta to make sure we dont get a 4th skill at level 90, and also to rally aginst everyone who keeps giving feedback about the fact that these 3 things at 80 are too little and that all of our AAs are passive and doing all of the bard-like things is very passive and takes next to no skill.
  5. ARCHIVED-eqaddictedfool Guest

GangleG wrote:
    Yea but things liek gravitas and rezzing i will never use in a good group that is just sailing through mobs with little to no effort.
    We also have 2 aoe avoidance attcks both turnstrike (am i thinking the right name here?) and blade dance will do this however blade dance is only up every 15 mins and the buffs I am suggesting dont have to be aoe avoid but maybe a extra haste for a quick twenty seconds or so or extra crit chance stuff along those lines.
  6. ARCHIVED-Isard Guest

We already have things similar to what you are talking about.
    Its on our TSO shard armor:
    • (3) Applies Lyricist's Harmony.
    • On any successful attack this spell has a chance to cast Lyricist's Harmony on the group. Lasts for 10.0 seconds. This effect will trigger an average of 1.8 times per minute.
    • Increases Spell and Combat Art damage of group members by 100.
    • Increases STR and INT of group memebrs by 65
    • (5) Applies Greater Mistarget.
    • On any successful attack this spell has a chance to cast Greater Mistarget on target of attack. Lasts for 5.0 seconds. This effect will trigger an average of 1.8 times per minute.
    • Target will have their chance to hit with a weapon lowered by 4.0%
    I know its not exactly what you are talking about, but look around at all of the gear that procs various effects.
  7. ARCHIVED-Eveningsong Guest

Tisera@Unrest wrote:
    I have to say that this sounds pretty much exactly like Heroic Opportunities -- players using their class-specific starters or abilities together to create mini-buffs or extra damage, etc. However, I know a lot of people either never learn or bother to use them. Personally I enjoying using them, and its fun to see what effects you can create when a group of people are able to time their specific class abilities just right (see http://eq2.wikia.com/wiki/Heroic_Opportunities for a list). A well-timed mana or health regen can really help sometimes :). It would be nice to see the system get a bit of dev love sometime though, I think the system could use a bit of updating to make it more useful/desirable.