Min Number of Players Needed for Heroics now?

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by Mermut, Apr 10, 2018.

1. Kaarkula Active Member

2. Gninja Developer

Also, please keep the thread constructive. If it just turns into a "let's bash DBG because they did something I don't agree with" thread it will end up getting locked.
    Sigrdrifa likes this.
  3. Mermut Well-Known Member

Again, the change isn't the big problem.. the decision not to tell the players about the change is the issue.

Why were the players not informed of this change?
    Why were people left to find it out by getting one-shot while playing the game they way they've been playing it for months?
    Dude, Tekka, Tkia and 3 others like this.
  4. Fenin Member

I think you mean the way they've been playing for 12+ years. Eq2 is no longer free to play your way though. Wasn't that the slogan at some point?
    Kaarkula likes this.
  5. Kaarkula Active Member

The change is pretty dramatic.. It won't effect me to a great extent.. but I know a lot of people it will.
    Mermut and Mizgamer62 like this.
  6. Kaarkula Active Member

Yeah I thought of that slogan yesterday when this change was made...
  7. Mizgamer62 Feldon Fan Club Member

Free To Play Your Way was a slogan used to refer to how you choose to PAY for the game, not how you choose to PLAY the game (remember free, bronze, silver, and gold accounts?).
    Yado, Spindle and CoLD MeTaL like this.
  8. Gninja Developer

9. Mermut Well-Known Member

Which heroic zones reqiured 3+ players (and had the 'come back when you have a bigger force' followed by scripted 1-shot) before the patch?
  10. Kheldar Active Member

If I could delete the entire PoP expansion from my accounts, I probably would. Worst release ever, and going downhill.
  11. Leed Active Member

I think that's the heart of the gap between players and developers. Players had no idea there was this 3 player requirement on any named (the text is definitely new), so saying it has been standardized didn't mean a lot to us. To the guy who knows he put a 3 player requirement on some mobs, a 2 player on some mobs, a 5 player on some mobs, and no requirement on others - saying he now went back and standardized it makes perfect sense. Sounds like they'll take it back out if they figure out a way to change wards in the future.

I know back in the days of RoK I used to solo, with a warlock, some named in Chelsith, and Chardok. It was some of the HARDEST things I've done in the game, had to intricately learn what mobs saw invis and which one's didn't, learn their pathing, work my way to named, separate name from adds, and finally kill named with a finite amount of health and power (couldn't heal myself after all). I would die probably 80% of the time, but if I kept at it - maybe for hours sometimes, I would succeed. You know what? That memory stuck with me. I remember that frog in Chelsith better than most other named for sure. If they had this artificial 'you're alone, you die' scripted back then - I wouldn't have any of those memories at all.
    Tkia, Kheldar and Rosyposy like this.
  12. Khrawn New Member

Dilly dilly.
  13. Kaarkula Active Member

It's not like most people are soloing or duoing heroics... I find this an unnecessary change - that is if its just about game balance.
  14. Gninja Developer

This is incorrect.

We are investigating into ways to make it less punishing without getting rid of the intent. We will see how it goes. We will let you guys know if we plan to change anything before it goes in so no one is caught off guard.
    Sigrdrifa and Dude like this.
  15. Kaarkula Active Member

Thanks Gninja!
  16. Leeroy 16 year vet. Forum lurker. Altaholic.

Skyshrine used to be sort of like this, remember? You tried going in solo or duo in any of the contested areas, and carnage would ensue...fast.
  17. Drona Well-Known Member

As Gninja said that was incorrect. You will be surprised how easy it was for couple of DPS class to duo number of the heroics currently.
  18. Drona Well-Known Member

As you say it was HARD back then and you soloed 1 or 2 named. Now its dead easy and people are clearing whole heroics zones and thats bad for the game and needs to be stopped. As the dev claims, this is a temporary solution so I am very surprised why people are angry about this chnage...
  19. Kabbe Member

I thought people were angry that the change was not well documented in patch notes and that it was somewhat poorly executed. Some dps can still solo 1 zone cause the check is time based instead of say being % based. As now you die if encounter gone more then X seconds (some say 8 I think its close to 14) instead it could been mob reached X% without 3 people engaging it.
  20. Kaarkula Active Member

The problem with most of these arguments.. is no one has any real facts - it's just a bunch of hearsay.

Yeah I know people duo zones.. I did sometimes also - but the actual % of groups that do - in my experience is not very high.