Mimicry

Discussion in 'Mages' started by Jrox, Apr 21, 2017.

1. Jrox Well-Known Member

Can I get a second on making mimicry work with ascension abilities? Mimicry is now almost useless as noone's cast order is such that it is advantageous to use this spell.

Just sayin...;)
  2. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

God no.

If anything, make it worse and make my actual buttons I have control over do more instead.
    Smashey and Melt like this.
  3. Flamace Active Member

mimicry still seems fine to me on anything other than 20 second ascension burn fights, why not get rid of, er, fix those?
  4. Fairin Active Member

*BONK*

their idea of fixing those encounters is making them wipe the raid.*SMH*
  5. Skiasss Member

With how useless mimicry is on t4 I wish they would allow the damage type of mimicry to be changed to match ur ascesion class damage type lol
  6. Pitta Active Member

Mimicry works on ascension nukes. The illy in my raid mimic's me when there are no good t1's in raid. He gets quite big hits off of my Mudslide.
  7. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

Yeah Mimicry works on some Ascension, and works ok for Mudslide as it's 2 very large hits before SDA/ADA etc.
    It doesn't work so well on many other abilities though as they are DoT's.
    Eth Assassin doesn't mimicry at all.
    Swarm Pet Ascension don't mimicry either.
    Not that I want it to really work on Ascension, I'd still like mimicry reduced in power and other abilities boosted instead.
  8. Pitta Active Member

Ah, yea forgot to mention those. But any non-scripted damage source will work well.
  9. Earar Well-Known Member

I love mimicry just before a big AoE trash fight.
    mimic, then cast one or two AoE and u look so good on the parse :D
  10. Revanu Well-Known Member

aren't aoe fights charge fights tho?
  11. Jrox Well-Known Member

Honestly trash fights mean nothing on a parse. Sure I want to put out as much as I can to help speed things along, but if I'm not bringing a whole lot of utility I want to be as high as I can on the important fights and try to shine for my class. Otherwise what use am I to the raid really?
  12. Earar Well-Known Member

it's just to make me feel good sometimes :)
    Mathafern and Jrox like this.
  13. Revel Well-Known Member

Why are you not timing your mimic with your initial rising tide and TW combo with Cascading Force, Levinbolt, and Etherflash?
  14. Scrappyz Well-Known Member

Don't think that line would have been in the OP if Mimic picked up ascension.. which it doesn't from what I understand
  15. Jrox Well-Known Member

I have attempted this to no avail. This does not work in testing I have tried.
  16. Revel Well-Known Member

It does work. After looking you up via your EQ2u link, you're also maining Etherealist. Ethershadow is out for mimic, and mimic only works on the first hit of implosion, but you still have Cascading Force, Levinbolt, and Etherflash, all of which work with mimic.

[IMG]

[IMG]

Mimic will mimic the initial hits. 1 for Levinbolt or Etherflash, or 5 for Cascading force. With double cast, mimic, and a lucky ethereal mastery, you can get 4 hits of Levinbolt, etherflash etc. 20 for Cascading Force, all of which have their own chances for legendary, fabled, or mythical crits.

I always mimic myself for the initial rising tide/time warp burn, and the second one goes to the next highest person in my group. Sometimes I time my reset with them or myself to do it all over again on longer fights.
  17. Jrox Well-Known Member

I appreciate the feedback and the effort you put in Rev. I did run it this morning about 1am cst just trying to figure out really whats up with my cloak. But, I was able to get it to hit on my testing as well. Now I will try it in some grps and raids to get afeel for how this will change my cast orders.

Thanks again, good info.:)
    DoomDrake likes this.
  18. Revel Well-Known Member

If your tank is VERY good with his 10 count, you can time it to go Ethereal Conduit first, then swap in your RT charm (Bitter Essence of Disdain and its 100% increase is still the best), click it when he says 5, finishing casting, swap back to your normal charm, and start the ethermancy cast while he's pulling. Then immediately TW, Peace of Mind, Spellbind, Mimic, then go for Cascading Force, Levinbolt, and Ethershadow (which won't be mimiced but still benefits from the Rising Tide. You can probably squeeze in an Unda or blinding shock and get that mimiced but not another ascension.

Note, this leaves you 0 room for error. Cascading Force hits like a second after your TW fervor and RT kick in, so that you can get off Levinbolt and Ethershadow while RT is still up. If you're lagging, far from the mob etc, you probably wont get them all off and might have to adjust your order accordingly. You might have to give up your chance to reset your time warp and cast peace of mind before time warp if you have lag issues.
    Scrappyz, Jrox and DoomDrake like this.
  19. Jrox Well-Known Member

Rising Tide, Flash of Brilliance, Prismatic Chaos, Time Warp, Peace of Mind, Spellbind, was my previous 10 sec pre-pull lineup. But my mimic was always tied to a BL(until now)! It always served me well, until I recently moved to a much more competitive environment. The top Illy where I raid now kills me on the parse, I have been changing everything from AA's to reforging almost every other night trying to wrap my head around where I am going wrong. Looking at what you have posted and thinking about what I have been doing really explains a lot. Can't say thanks enough for the tips...

Edit: I think I may want to try and get my PC in on the TW to see if it makes a dif as well
  20. Revel Well-Known Member

I always cast FoB just before the 10 count because its up for 45s on a 45s timer, its always up as long as you hit the button. It saves a second in the middle of your rapid casting. You can cast Prismatic Chaos right after ethereal conduit, after charm swap, but before you click rising tide.

Practice practice practice until you get something that feels comfortable. You'll have a 5s window were TW fervor and RT are up together, and 5s where RT is up alone. You want to maximize it as much as possible. The damage spike is insane and will help your parse over the long run.

You've moved into a top 5 guild, Sovin Nai's top illy probably has a magnitude higher gear than you do right now. You should find out from them what their combo is, but I would guess its very similar to mine. If you look at their parse you will almost certainly see massive spikes in their parse from mimic + ascension.

BL is still a good secondary target, I mimic one every other use since ascensions take 3-4m to come back up but mimic is up every 1m 30s.
    DoomDrake and Jrox like this.