Merge Downtimes: Crushbone, Butcherblock, and Oasis - Updates Inside!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, Oct 16, 2015.

1. kluxor Well-Known Member

I just hope if its gonna be significantly longer than the estimated 24 hours they give us a heads up
  2. SLAMR New Member

Still logging in with no toons!!
  3. Dolphinsgal Active Member

Lol I was thinking both of those things...news and update of how much longer but I was gonna wait a few (30ish min) or so to ask. Glad I'm not the only one thinking like that this morning.
    LithiumDragoness likes this.
  4. Filly67 Well-Known Member

I have always found that the estimated down time is predicting the minimum time the process will take. I would be very surprised to see this merger done soon.
  5. kluxor Well-Known Member

typically they estimated time is an over estimate unless problems arise. just take the weekly updates for example, says an hour but many times up within ten minutes of going down. I would bet that unless something happened, its actually complete and just waiting on them to open it up.
  6. Dolphinsgal Active Member

When they first announced the mergers I figured we'd be w/out our server and toons for 48hrs even tho they said 24. I was just hoping it would be the 24hrs. Going into the Beta w/out having a copy of your toons isn't a good replacement it's more frustrating than anything, but trying not to complain too much (not doing a good job of it tho).
  7. Chrol Developer

We're looking into a couple issues involving renames and guild creations. We'll update you all as soon as we can with an ETA on when these issue will be resolved. Thanks for your patience everyone!
  8. Taiyla Active Member

Sitting here looking at the screen thinking "Open Open Open"...... LOL. Hoping our new server will be up and running very soon.
    Juraiya likes this.
  9. LithiumDragoness New Member

Thank you Chrol! Keep us posted!
    Spindle and suka like this.
  10. Dolphinsgal Active Member

Thank you for the update it makes waiting a lot less frustrating. Glad you're looking into and trying to fix the issues before opening the server up.
    Charoite and suka like this.
  11. Adevil Well-Known Member

12. suka Well-Known Member

thank you. was wondering
  13. Adevil Well-Known Member

Well, this thread was posted on the 16th, so that's not exactly no notice.

Everyone on beta currently has to beta buff, so you're not losing out to any other testers:
    Kurisutaru, Spindle and Feldon like this.
  14. Katzandra Well-Known Member

Thank you so much for the heads up! It means a lot that you took the time to keep us informed. It is really frustrating to check the boards and find nothing "official" so it was refreshing to log in and find your post! Keep up the good work!
    Prissetta and Charoite like this.
  15. Charoite New Member

Logging on to find all my merge characters missing...a bit disconcerting, but I realize they are working on ironing out some last minute issues. I'm sure hoping all my characters show up soon. Makes me nervous seeing such an empty character list. LOL!
  16. Anastaise Active Member

I hope Maj'dul gets events and bonus xp extended since we are losing more than a day of game time. I tried to log into beta last night and it was down too.
  17. Feldon Well-Known Member

Moonlight Enchantments was extended another day. We've had like 2 weeks worth of Bonus XP over the last 2 months.
  18. Holyduke Member

Take your time, I am at work for another 6 hours. /ducks
    Breanna, Juraiya, Prissetta and 3 others like this.
  19. Evilgracie Member

"when" you have a solution doesn't sound very encouraging... That implies you encountered something you had not planned on. Are we talking 30 minutes or 8 more hours or another day?
  20. Dexella Associate Producer

UPDATE: Hey folks -- the servers are still down (October 21 @ 7:35AM PDT). There's a pending issue the team is working to fix, and we're not going to open it up just yet. No ETA right now, but we'll keep you posted. Thanks!