Merge Downtimes: Crushbone, Butcherblock, and Oasis - Updates Inside!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, Oct 16, 2015.

1. Adevil Well-Known Member

How do you cancel a pre-order that has already been paid for? They have a strict no refunds policy, and if you have the bank do a charge back your account will be banned.
    Neiloch likes this.
  2. Adevil Well-Known Member

I don't recall anyone ever saying they were reasonable, could you show me where that was said?
  3. Finora Well-Known Member

No one specifically said reasonable, but they have been calling people whiny babies and sideways insults about their choice of being silver or F2P rather than paying a sub.

If it's all about the first time loggers on, why were others who had been on earlier still getting the 4+ hour queues? They've already been on and their information should be there like it was on the old server.
  4. Adevil Well-Known Member

It's more the others who haven't logged on previously, and have characters already online that are sucking up server memory galore while the data's being copied. I expect the queue kicks in when the available server memory drops to a certain point.
    Spindle likes this.
  5. Livejazz Well-Known Member

I've been a Freeporter pretty much since the server went live, & I can honestly say it currently feels about as "bustling & vibrant" as I would like it to be.
    Prissetta and Belenos like this.
  6. Ursa Minor Well-Known Member

The queue process most likely has no way of knowing that any given character has already logged on, and thus should skip the queue.

The situation here is known in IT parlance as "warming the cache". Certain system tasks have to take place when a character loads in for the first time. To make sure the system does not run out of resources and crash, the queue is in place to throttle loads to a level that the system can support and still run.

Right now, most of the people logging in are doing so for the first time. Over the next few days (my personal guess is at least through the weekend, if not up to a week) less and less logins will be first-timers. At some point a form of the 80/20 rule is going to kick in; when the first-time login rate drops to a certain percentage or less, the need of queues to protect the server will vanish. At that point the queues should vanish as well, provided the active merged population is not large enough to warrant continued protective measures.
    Prissetta, Neiloch, Livejazz and 3 others like this.
  7. Maddestmonte Member

There's not enough people on our server now to form a group much less a raid. I cannot speak to how they should have merged the servers overall. all I can tell you is there's no one to group with here. and now I won't be forced to spend $250 to move all of my characters, in order to come over to your server with all of my high level toons and crafters intact.

I apologize if my joining you on that server seems inconvenient, but trust me when I tell you that I am the one that is more inconvenienced at the moment.

Even if you aren't looking forward to it, believe me, I certainly am.

As someone who has been on two absolutely dead servers Vox and now Nagafen let me assure you that if ever Freeport is in the same boat, you will be hoping for the same consideration.

I can't speak for Permafrost, but from our standpoint, I don't even think you'll notice the difference with the amount of people were actually bringing, the current amount of active players is actually that small.

2pm Eastern Standard Time, which is 11am Pacific Time.
    /who all
    14 players found
    as is always the case, half or more of those are in the guild hall probably afk.
  8. SpriteGal New Member

And it starts again today. Doesn't even show the server as being any more full than it was 2 hours ago. :(
  9. Enymac Member

The prioritization of guild names in this merger based exclusively on when they were created and giving no preferences to guild level, total accounts, total active accounts, is very frustrating.
    How a level 4 guild with 4 accounts that has not been active for about a decade can take precedent over a level 100 guild with over 500 accounts is somewhat inconsiderate, considering the create time difference is about 3 months.
    Juraiya, Prissetta, Jinksie and 3 others like this.
  10. Livejazz Well-Known Member

As it stands, there will be three "live" servers after the merge. My argument is that Freeport & AB should have been left alone, while Naggy & Perm should have been merged into Maj'dul & whatever the other one is.

As I understand it, Perm is also quite underpopulated, so I'm not worried about chaos & so on. You're right that the addition of Naggy & Perm to Freeport will hardly make much difference to us.

Which, in fact, is part of my point.

With all this in mind, I'd love to now get an update from the Devs as to when we can expect the Freeport/Naggy/Perm merge.
  11. Blackdog Member

you guys know that the people on DT are mostly from naggy...you don't think any of them will come back to check out the merger or the new xpac? Or old naggy players hearing about merger and xpac will be coming back? People like to joke about the population here. I definitely agree, its abysmal but I also have been here everyday and know people are waiting for the merge.
    Livejazz likes this.
  12. Maddestmonte Member

Wasn't intending to joke actually...hey if people from Naggy come back after the merger and xpac, all the better! I didn't really know the situation, to be honest. As I've been saying I've been gone for like 5 years, so while I figured that MIGHT be the case, I wasn't sure.

How many extra people coming back are we talking about? And do you get the sense that they'll be 50/50 split time between Deathtoll and the new server, or do you think with the merge they'll come back to non-timelocked full time?
    Livejazz likes this.
  13. Gramma Active Member

With all this talk about F2P accounts waiting in queues, I'm going to check out the wait time for myself with my own F2P account I made to handle overflow of shared bank storage for the merge. I'm hoping it doesn't take too long. My step-daughter divides her game play between three different MMO's and chose this year to sub a different game for a year. That means her F2P account might have a long wait, and she probably won't be interested in family game time on EQ2, then.

1st edit:
    Queue is 1 hour 57 minutes and they locked the second F2P toon for some inexplicable reason. I hope I didn't store anything important on that one.
    2nd edit:
    Wait a minute. Daybreak copied my second toon, made it a third toon, then locked it. The second toon,the original second toon is unplayable because it's world is "Offline". I'll have to make a ticket for it, I guess.
    3rd edit:
    Sent a ticket, with a screenshot of both inaccessible toons. Wait time for the queue is at 2 hours 22 minutes.
  14. Vlkodlak Well-Known Member

I can't be the only one to notice the misspelling... [IMG]
  15. Adevil Well-Known Member

Hiza likes this.
  16. Josgar Active Member

For the extra copy characters see this post from a dev:
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq2/index.php?threads/merge-offline-character.564605/#post-6270927
  17. Gramma Active Member

18. xopherrei New Member

that was already addressed...will be fixed next hotfix
  19. xopherrei New Member

seems to me that if there are 4.5 hour wait times to login (3 x silver accounts here, ~10 years vet/became disabled 2 years ago) that perhaps someone misjudged the populations on the servers...third day in a row now with large queue...I understand temp queuing (memory issue), but for 3 days or more??! This is ridiculous...I have purchased 3 xpacs up to Velious...at $40 each x 3 accounts x 7 (or maybe 8 or 9??) xpacs... still adds up to a huge amount of money not to mention the subs for 8/10 years...that's $840 for xpacs and $3700 for subs...loyalty means nothing anymore I guess...
  20. Gramma Active Member

Whoa. I'd hate to think how much I spent over the years on EQ2...and I only have the one paid account!