Merge Downtimes: Crushbone, Butcherblock, and Oasis - Updates Inside!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, Oct 16, 2015.

1. Ratitz Active Member

Things I'm excited about: being able to find groups with ease, and easier contact with people. things I'm not excited about: queueing and waiting 20min to log in
    Griffon Lady likes this.
  2. Gramma Active Member

My house actors have stopped speaking to me, Daybreak.

edit: No, they were talking, I just had chat scrolled up for some reason. Turns out I was basically ignoring my poor house actors all along.
    Spindle likes this.
  3. xopherrei New Member

grrrrr...20 minute queue when i logged in...up to 32 minutes now...

now up to 40 minutes...I just want to check my guild...
  4. Juraiya Well-Known Member

This.^^ I was able to log onto one character, and ever since telling it to camp to the next character, I've been waiting in a queue for 15 minutes, and during this time the numbers keep going up and up and up, Right now it says minutes, but I seriously doubt I'm going to get in at all.

If this is the result of the merge, exactly WHY did we need this? I was looking forward to seeing new people in the game, but not at the cost of not being able to log in!
  5. Dolphinsgal Active Member

Ty Dev's for the continued work you're doing on the server to get things working right. It might have taken longer than anticipated but things don't seem too broken atm.
    TY to the players for making the forums a fun/interesting way to pass the down time.
    I'm looking forward to meeting new people on the new server over the next few days and weeks to come.
    Alliecats of Brainfreeze
    Spindle likes this.
  6. Dolphinsgal Active Member

I wonder if the server isn't ready for the influx of people trying to log on at the same time, DB may have a set limit for now on how many can get in at a time to prevent a major crash or other glitches.
    I hope you're able to get into the game soon, it is frustrating when things don't work right when we are looking forward to it.
    Juraiya and Spindle like this.
  7. xopherrei New Member

I started with a 20 minute queue...up to 1 hour 5 minutes...not sure the it was a good idea to merge 3...
  8. Kierukka New Member

Started 28 min, up to 1hour 5 min. Not encouraging me to resub my account
  9. Detor Active Member

And this is a weekday, just wait until the weekend.
    xopherrei likes this.
  10. Mermut Well-Known Member

I haven't noticed any queue to get into the game.
    Gramma likes this.
  11. Louly Well-Known Member

I logged in about 20minutes ago and there was no queue, but there were 26 items in overflow not sure where they came from.

It should even out. I think a lot of people logged at once to check names, guilds and all.
  12. Nixer Active Member

Pratchet eh, try some movies "the Colour of Magic", "Going Postal " & "Hogfather". good humor there :p
    Griffon Lady, Spindle and suka like this.
  13. Lamatu Active Member

So 5 min after you two said no que I get a 1 hour and 18 min que. I'm sure these logins are adjusted on membership level.
  14. Neothrasher New Member

There might be something to that... I am a F2P member and am currently looking at 1 hour 15 minute queue to login (this is up from 55 minutes an hour ago). It may very well be there is a login priority for subscribers... and non-subscribers get kicked to the back of the line.

If that's the case... I am thankful I only have a level 21 character (easier to walk away from the game!)
    Solid11 likes this.
  15. Juraiya Well-Known Member

Right. I'm up to 1 hour 40 minutes. Why aren't they just transparent with us and let us know that they can only handle X number of players for now?
  16. Josgar Active Member

Do we know if the queue will be permanent or if they're just implementing it for a few days while the server settles down?
    Belenos likes this.
  17. Solid11 Active Member

I completely agree with you Neothrasher. I'm actually glad there are huge wait times to log on. It helps me kick my EQ habit much easier. haha. Motivates me to try other games finally. Thank you DB.
    Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr likes this.
  18. Phano Member

So now there are TOO MANY players on a server.
    Belenos likes this.
  19. Juraiya Well-Known Member

It should be irrelevant what people logged in FOR. The fact is, if you have X number of players on a server, you should be ready for X number of players logging in at the same time. You always get large numbers when an expansion comes out or during holidays, so not being prepared for that influx is foolish.
    Iceberg, Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr and suka like this.
  20. Neothrasher New Member

Sad thing is, I was seriously kicking around the idea of subscribing. Wanted to subscribe and then buy 1000 DBC currency so I'd have 1500 currency in order to unlock a mercenary.

Thank goodness I didn't pull the trigger on that! Uninstalling the game as I type this. Good luck with the merger all!
    Iceberg likes this.