1. redindus Active Member

I just stubbed the game and got an offer of merc crate of two for 500. So I checked out the merc pub or tavern and see if I like what I have rolled here from that crate. One of them interests me and ditch the other and noticed I will need to buy the merc pack in order to use them. So I did and found the merc in the rogue gallery, after I sign the contract and inspect the merc I am interesting in, holycow... that merc want a lot, a lot of golds and I don't even have that much. Hire fee is free, but this merc would make me broke in 30 minutes lol.

Is there a way around this? This one is asking 24golds per 30 minutes. There no way I can manage that and I did sell some stuffs on the broker, hardly anyone is buying and wont get much even if I did.

Do I need to wait to get really high level or do I need to buy ton of golds???

I don't want to spoil the game by adding coins, want to earn it. At first I tho it will level with you and follow you around as a companion, wasn't excepting this and wish I didn't waste my money on this deal.
  2. Rhodris EQ2Wire Ninja

Yes, it will level with you, but it is a mercenary - they fight for pay, not loyalty or love.

If you do the daily quests that reward you with loyalty tokens (and you are a subscriber), you can save up 10 (5 days - 2 tokens per day) to get "a small bag of coins" from the loyalty merchant in your home city's dock. This will give you 500 plat when you unpack it. If you don't want to do this, then quests give good coin at the higher levels, or sell shinies - they usually always go for good coin on the broker and tend to sell relatively quickly.

Once you get to level 101, mercs cost 1p 50g per half hour....it's why I put them away and don't bother with them after level 100.
  3. redindus Active Member

Hmm don't like the way they have this setup. What they should have done is when you meet your merc where you found him/her you decide if you want to go on adventure from that spot. Now there are two ways to pay the fees, one is pay up for a day (not sure how long game time for one day) for small fees and secondary is what ever you find and split the coins 50/50.

I do have some loyalty points, but buying those 500plats is a game breaker to me. Just spoil the game big time and don't like that at all and that is one reason I left the game awhile back. Been trying to find a way to enjoy it, so far doing good.

I will have to skip this, didn't realize it is too expensive to hire and upkeep on those mercs. Wish I knew sooner I wouldn't have bought this package in the first place.

They need to put more efforts into the game and make it more creative and roleplaying. It felt like when you don't need that merc, you simply discard it or put it away in your pocket lol. Shouldn't be like that.
  4. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

5. redindus Active Member

Its not the hiring cost, its the upkeep. Anyway I will find a way to get around this issues without using the 500plat bag using loyalty points.

I just simply sell stuffs on the auction/broker to pay the upkeep somehow.