Mercs on a raid - working as intended, or just not intended?

Discussion in 'Expansions and Adventure Packs' started by ARCHIVED-Gargamel, Dec 7, 2011.

1. ARCHIVED-Gargamel Guest

So earlier tonight was going to a raid. We were short 2 or 3 people, and with the new mercs some wanted to try one out and see what it did.
    We didn't do anything fancy, was actually EZ Mode kraytoks, which other than the x2 should be the easiest of the bunch.
    Had one (an inq) of the 5p hire, 25g per half hour mercs in a group as a 2nd healer. We do kill HM stuff so we didn't need to rely on the Merc, just wanted to try out the new feature and see how it did.
    The thing had 0 crit mit, and died to the first aoe on the first name... absolutely pathetic.
    Now I did read that mercs were supposed to be able to go on raids, and they are.. they are just useless. Think of a conjy pet but costing you 7p for the night and has a longer recast.
    I was hoping that mercs might be a way to get around 'having' to have 4 power regen in a raid on a night we were short, but considering you can't target them or heal them or whatever, and they get owned at the first aoe on ez mode raids, plus I doubt they are smart enough to joust or follow the 'owner', or anything the complicated scripts require... I really don't think they are going to be viable for anything other than tank and spank heroic zones at best.
    At the very least they should 'auto-gear' to match the owner's crit mit or something. I wouldn't expect them to cure curses perfectly or parse heal near what a real person can do but ATM they are useless in a raid.
  2. ARCHIVED-Brigh Guest

/feedback I thought I heard somewhere that they are not meant for the crit mit required raids. You can target them and heal them just like any pet.
  3. ARCHIVED-Valonia Guest

If your merc really had 0 crit mit you should probably bug report it, as at least the ones I tried all featured 150cm/150cc.

On the other hand that's of course just barely enough cm to survive DoV heroics and the cc is a joke even there, but still I assume that's working as intended unil SoE actually states what tiers the mercenaries are actually meant to work in. As it stands now they seem to be meant as leveling tool, help for solo farming SF instances and plat raids and very weak replacements for DoV heroics if a little bit of extra damage/buffs is really all you need. Still you would prefer 'most' players over mercs in DoV heroics.